No - I have the same issue with 9-PW in HMB's and when I had the 919F. I might strengthen the loft of those slightly in the HMB. The 1025 Steel just doesn't have the Chromoly punch.
Very interesting. I need to get them back on the range and try some different things. I have been playing these more forward in my stance to try and promote more of a compressed impact than a scoop which helps a little, but I still can't get the distance I want.

Alright THP, it finally happened. I brought the JPX 921 Forged back to the Ohio THP Field Office for some long term testing.

This has been an iron that has rattled around in my brain ever since I put the first swings on video. It's a performance monster packed into a tight head design, and worth giving a fair amount of time on the course to.

So the question is, do I go standard boring and install the long term Tour V gamer shafts? Do I drop the recoil protos in? Do I take on that heavier shaft experiment I have been talking about? What say you?

I say baseline against your gamer shafts and then throw in the fun ones to see what the tangible differences are.
Even with my C-Taper lites, I feel like these clubs are quite heavy - especially when you get down to gap wedge.

Alright THP, it finally happened. I brought the JPX 921 Forged back to the Ohio THP Field Office for some long term testing.

This has been an iron that has rattled around in my brain ever since I put the first swings on video. It's a performance monster packed into a tight head design, and worth giving a fair amount of time on the course to.

So the question is, do I go standard boring and install the long term Tour V gamer shafts? Do I drop the recoil protos in? Do I take on that heavier shaft experiment I have been talking about? What say you?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. The Forged are firmly planted in my bag and for the first time in years I'm not even interested in hitting another iron.

I'm another vote for a comparison with your gamer setup.

Go heavy if it's been on your mind. I have the KBS Tour in my HMPs and love it. I think that would a be fun combo or even $ Tapers.

Go heavy if it's been on your mind. I have the KBS Tour in my HMPs and love it. I think that would a be fun combo or even $ Tapers.
I do have some proto $ tapers here... Hmmm..

That is my vote. I have an $ Taper in my MP20 driving iron and love it.
So, a shade heavier, a touch more active in the tip, I like where your head is, Spicoli.

If you need someone to test the protos side by side with you.... I may know a guy

I would put a shaft you are comfortable with in so we can get an accurate reflection on how the clubhead is for you. I am interested to see how they are. This club is on my list of things to consider.

I say play an amazing looking set of Recoil Proto 95s in F4...Ya know, the ones that are in there right now.:ROFLMAO:

Px LS

They have Recoil Proto 95s in them now? If so, seems like you're all set and ready to go!

recoil 110 proto

Recoil proto or $ taper

Go graphites to be different. See what new tech can do when paired with these heads!

@Jman voted $ taper. Uh oh.
How soon you looking to shaft them? Care to decide it on the outcome of the Morgan Cup? @Jman wins the cup, $ taper, Team Paradise - recoil proto

How soon you looking to shaft them? Care to decide it on the outcome of the Morgan Cup? @Jman wins the cup, $ taper, Team Paradise - recoil proto
I’m in the Canadan custom shop right now. My hand was forced during my round today.

641E77E0-D9AD-487C-AA45-BCD02F1A2346.jpeg

Back