Alright THP, it finally happened. I brought the JPX 921 Forged back to the Ohio THP Field Office for some long term testing.

This has been an iron that has rattled around in my brain ever since I put the first swings on video. It's a performance monster packed into a tight head design, and worth giving a fair amount of time on the course to.

So the question is, do I go standard boring and install the long term Tour V gamer shafts? Do I drop the recoil protos in? Do I take on that heavier shaft experiment I have been talking about? What say you?
Put in a set of i95 reg flex and ship them to me in Oklahoma.

Oh yeah, I like this setup JUST fine!

Favorite shot probably my 8 iron on the 18th. Just put it up there into the wind a bit and let it ride, landing about 20 feet from the pin.

Playing with my Dad's buddies, a couple times they mentioned how good the contact sounded. Had to be 90% heads, 10% my swing lmao

Oh yeah, I like this setup JUST fine!

Favorite shot probably my 8 iron on the 18th. Just put it up there into the wind a bit and let it ride, landing about 20 feet from the pin.

Playing with my Dad's buddies, a couple times they mentioned how good the contact sounded. Had to be 90% heads, 10% my swing lmao
I think that is the kicker. These heads are just so forgiving. I gave mine a thorough cleaning the other day ahead of putting them to bed for the winter and my 7 iron had quite a bit of marring on the toe of it prior to cleaning, but I can't remember any significant slices or hooks with these. All issues relate to my inability to catch a ball flush and thin/fat it. Heeling/toeing them still result in quite a respectable ball flight.

I have been playing the blended set of 921 Forged and HMP for awhile now and the longer I play them the more impressed I am. The forged have an amazing feel and good forgiveness. The 4&5 HMP have amazing forgiveness, easy to launch and are long, but have gapped nicely with the Forged.

These are firmly planted in the bag and will likely be long term.

I have been playing the blended set of 921 Forged and HMP for awhile now and the longer I play them the more impressed I am. The forged have an amazing feel and good forgiveness. The 4&5 HMP have amazing forgiveness, easy to launch and are long, but have gapped nicely with the Forged.

i went HMP 5-7 and forged 8-GW…. This set is so good and inspires confidence. It really is a fun iron to hit.

I should go see if I can swing some HMPs in the long irons to compare. I LOVE my 4-5 iron when I can make them work (which is a higher % of the time than I originally expected), but it would be a fun test

Please keep sale items to the market place only.

I should go see if I can swing some HMPs in the long irons to compare. I LOVE my 4-5 iron when I can make them work (which is a higher % of the time than I originally expected), but it would be a fun test
If you get the chance I would be interested in your thoughts. To be fair, I have not hit the 4&5 in Forged but the 4&5 HMP are my favorite long irons I've hit.

I agree with @Scooby45
I went with PW-6 Forged and 4-5 HMP. I find the Forged to be quite forgiving but I'm glad I went HMP for the longer iros as they launch easy and provide some extra distance in the clubs I need that from.
I’m thinking about replacing the 4 and 5 Forged with HMPs. Are you still glad you did?

I just gave my set of 921 Forged to one of my Sophomores, he about lost his mind. It’s time for him to move into a more player style set and I’m not sure any offer more forgiveness than these for what they are. So so so good.

These are getting a workout this morning. I’ve said it before but I have the forged in my 8-GW and as someone who can be an inconsistent iron player, these have a lot of forgiveness and present themselves as not being overly intimidating at address

I just gave my set of 921 Forged to one of my Sophomores, he about lost his mind. It’s time for him to move into a more player style set and I’m not sure any offer more forgiveness than these for what they are. So so so good.

I'm still looking at those New Levels.....

I’m thinking about replacing the 4 and 5 Forged with HMPs. Are you still glad you did?
Absolutely! I have never enjoyed hitting a 4 iron as I do with these. The feed back from the strike is still good enough to know when it's a slight miss but the results are better than expected. I didn't hit the 4-5 in the Forged so I dont have a true comparison but I happily stand by the decision to go HMP.

It’s going to take something special to take my combo set out of my hands. I hit some great shots with my long irons, but the 8-GW balled out. Time after time needing to hit a number they delivered. My swing inconsistencies aside, they perform as advertised. On 18 I had 122 left and pulled the PW, stuck it inside of 10’.

I bought a set of 921F's last spring. Modus 105 shafts. Sweet setup and beautiful to look at. At first they were frustrating and I couldn't get my score down where it should be. Now after a season of playing them, it did take about 20 rounds to get them figured out. Now, 80 rounds of golf many rounds in the 70's I'm sold on Mizuno.

Best feel, sweet sound, great control, and great to look at in the bag. HIghly recommended irons for a person who is a perfectionist.

I bought a set of 921F's last spring. Modus 105 shafts. Sweet setup and beautiful to look at. At first they were frustrating and I couldn't get my score down where it should be. Now after a season of playing them, it did take about 20 rounds to get them figured out. Now, 80 rounds of golf many rounds in the 70's I'm sold on Mizuno.

Best feel, sweet sound, great control, and great to look at in the bag. HIghly recommended irons for a person who is a perfectionist.
What sort of tweaks did you have to make to finally jive with them?

I need to do some work with 9-GW to figure out how to hit those things consistently and to distance.

What sort of tweaks did you have to make to finally jive with them?

I need to do some work with 9-GW to figure out how to hit those things consistently and to distance.
I had to convince myself to commit to the swing and trust the club. Once I started to trust my swing and the iron I started to see a huge improvement. The stopping power on the greens is spectacular, now. At the start of the season I couldn't hold, my ball flight was low and so was my spin. Now with a trusted swing the ball hits, jumps, bites and has a nice spin. I'm sure you will get them dialed in.

The feel and sound are incredible.

My previous clubs were game improvement irons which are great irons and were easy to hit. With the 921's they are forgiving and feel like nothing I have ever hit. My golf partners all sample our gear since we all have mainly different brands. So it's nice to get their feedback as well.

Took mine out for the first time since April. They are maybe a half club shorter than my Forged Tec (in terms of number stamped on the club) but from this evenings small sample size seemed to be more consistent distance-wise. Going to be a fun fall testing these out a bit.

So pretty. After my round Friday, I can't imagine gaming anything else for a while.

IMG_3395.jpg

Back