Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

drp3434

2022 Grandaddy 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hit Mizuno for the first time ever this morning in a fitting and it was a good first impression. The JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro's beat out five other sets, and it was only even close to one other. They felt so good on good contact, and gave enough feedback on mishits to know where I missed but my distance and accuracy didn't suffer that bad. Over my current gamers I gained almost 10 yards, moved from about 10-15 yards offline avg to right about online, and kept the dispersion much much tighter. That was all the same for the new irons I hit as well, not just my gamers (aside from one other that was the same distance but worse dispersion). Best performing shaft was the Project X IO.

Unfortunately he only had a 5.5 shaft and no 6.0. My launch and spin were both a tad low, and his thought was that the club head was lagging behind slightly due to my swing speed (85 mph with 6i) and that the 6.0 would actually slightly increase my launch and spin. Seemed a little counterintuitive to me but I'm quite uneducated with shafts. Does that make sense?

mikeg_74

Big_Time_South
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
It’s a amazing what happens with club when you hit at or near center more often. A few bad steep shots that were all me, but yesterday I hit some great irons shots with a ball flight I’ve not seen in a while. Most importantly the long irons, 5-7, are turning into clubs I trust and that is something I’ve not done in a while.
The surprising thing is I’m about a club longer through my bag with the 921 Forged. As someone who isn’t a long hitter, that is really impressive.

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always wanted Mizuno irons. I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. I am a 10 handicap and I think the JPX921 would best suit my game. I am currently gaming a set of Callaway Steelhead XR irons with graphite shafts. Good clubs but as I said, I have always wanted Mizunos. Is anyone playing the Recoil 95 graphite shafts in their JPX921? How do you like them? In all likelihood I would wait until the end of the season to order these because it looks like Mizuno is backed up as much as 8-12 weeks with orders.

Mizzy

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always wanted Mizuno irons. I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. I am a 10 handicap and I think the JPX921 would best suit my game. I am currently gaming a set of Callaway Steelhead XR irons with graphite shafts. Good clubs but as I said, I have always wanted Mizunos. Is anyone playing the Recoil 95 graphite shafts in their JPX921? How do you like them? In all likelihood I would wait until the end of the season to order these because it looks like Mizuno is backed up as much as 8-12 weeks with orders.
Buy them. I just finished playing 4 rounds in 5 days with my Mizuno's. They are by far the best irons I've played or tried. I have the 921F's my golf buddies have almost every brand on the market, well at least the top brands. From TaylorMade, Titleist, Callaway, Ping etc. I've hit all their irons multiple times and none of them feel anywhere as nice as the Mizuno's. But all companies make great irons now, the Mizuno's are the best though.

mikeg_74

Big_Time_South
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
I play at 11 and I have the 921 Forged and with Recoil 95 F4’s.
I was a little worried they would be “too much” club for me, but after playing them they are perfect. Plenty of forgiveness but more importantly they have a nice look at address. Distances are there and imo the feel is better than anything out there

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
I play at 11 and I have the 921 Forged and with Recoil 95 F4’s.
I was a little worried they would be “too much” club for me, but after playing them they are perfect. Plenty of forgiveness but more importantly they have a nice look at address. Distances are there and imo the feel is better than anything out there
What made you choose the F4's over the F3's?

mikeg_74

Big_Time_South
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish

Scooby45

#paradise4life
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
bourbon
What made you choose the F4's over the F3's?
ust maymima's website talks about their recommended flex by swing speed if you are unable to swing them anywhere

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
ust maymima's website talks about their recommended flex by swing speed if you are unable to swing them anywhere
Dumb question. Is there going to be a difference in swing speed between a driver and an iron? If I have a 95 swing speed with my driver will I also have a 95 with my 7 iron?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2022 Club Albatross 2023 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question. Is there going to be a difference in swing speed between a driver and an iron? If I have a 95 swing speed with my driver will I also have a 95 with my 7 iron?
No sir and there are no dumb questions.
Because of the length of the driver, along with other factors such as weight, the driver swing speed will be faster than that of your 7 iron.

mikeg_74

Big_Time_South
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
No dumb questions here.

If you’re at 95 with the driver then 7i would be in the 70mph range

Tour average is around 90mph with a 7i iirc.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in