Mizuno JPX-EZ Irons Preview

I think these look awesome...but I sport Ping G15's now. So, that could be why.

There's truth flowing in here right now. Flowing like a chocolate sundae fountain. (Horrible analogy, just horrible)

Those look like all Mizunos - beautiful. Can't wait to get them in hand, an SGI Forged club? Probably feels like butter over more of the face than most of their forged stuff.

I think you meant butter fountain B-rad.

I actually don't agree with that at all, different driver heads can be ENTIRELY different beasts and just not fit someone. The J40 is that head for me, tried it 3 times in three lofts with about a dozen different shafts and it doesn't work. In clubs it's not just one way or the other to me, selective amnesia is just not how I see it personally.

I think you are misunderstanding what im saying. Im not talking about fitting/preferences i mean that I have no business playing blades but I can hit "the same" driver head as what they use on tour in concept.

A chocolate butter fountain? :alien:

I think you are misunderstanding what im saying. Im not talking about fitting/preferences i mean that I have no business playing blades but I can hit "the same" driver head as what they use on tour in concept.

But by the same token you can play whatever irons, blades included, just as you can play that same driver, and struggle the same with both. I just don't believe in differentiating those two things.

A chocolate butter fountain? :alien:

I could get down with that.

I digress though. I don't want it to seem like I don't like options, because I do. Love to see new stuff too. It's just interesting what gets people fired up and what doesn't.

I could get down with that.

I digress though. I don't want it to seem like I don't like options, because I do. Love to see new stuff too. It's just interesting what gets people fired up and what doesn't.

I'm 100% with you, throw a chevron or a compass on this thing and it's a new ball game. Even at 10:20 PM on the east coast.

I'm surprised nobody has complained about 5 iron sets released in 2013 yet.

#onlymattersifitsTMorCallaway
So many people are getting used to filling the gaps with Hybo's and fairway woods. So it passes by with little hesitation. Back 15 years ago when people were used to seeing 2 iron in bags it would be a different story IMO

So many people are getting used to filling the gaps with Hybo's and fairway woods. So it passes by with little hesitation. Back 15 years ago when people were used to seeing 2 iron in bags it would be a different story IMO

I think the Hawk is referring to five different iron sets this year brother!

He's terrible with words sometimes. HA!!!

I think the Hawk is referring to five different iron sets this year brother!

He's terrible with words sometimes. HA!!!
ahh retract my last statement then

I absolutely love it. A club shape for every golfer.

NOT TRUE! There is no shape for me! Though when I just saw the name I thought that the EZ line might be that shape. I was wrong.

NOT TRUE! There is no shape for me! Though when I just saw the name I thought that the EZ line might be that shape. I was wrong.

Oh, there's a shape for you, you're just a terrible golfer for playing it... Oh wait.... #NotTrue #IndustryStandards?! #Mizunos?

Companies can release as much as they want, in my opinion. I think it's awesome, especially if they allow combo sets.

The ability to at least consider split sets is one of the best things ever, I agree with this sentiment.

Remind me of pings. I like em!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

But by the same token you can play whatever irons, blades included, just as you can play that same driver, and struggle the same with both. I just don't believe in differentiating those two things.

:hangs head in shame after being bested by the master!!:

So if it is a 5 iron start to the set, do they allow purchase of 3 and 4 iron? I love iron play over hybrids and that would be a deal breaker.

I love mizzie irons so a new product always gets my attention. They may not be as buttery as TopGolf branded irons, but they're my second choice. The things I didn't like about the 800HDs were the amount of offset to them and that they tend to balloon on me a bit. I'm hoping the EZ's will correct both of those things (assuming it's made for that 800HD/SGI end of the JPX line). I will definitely be hitting them at some point regardless.

Yet another awesome iron from Mizuno. Not to mention its a forged iron that anyone can hit.

Yea, if we go a year back it's actually 7 iron sets.

Im with Hawk. I love options and new products coming out. Only good things come of it.
But its an absolute fact that if this set comes out from TM or Callaway that there are literally pages about how in the world can they release their 4th set of irons in a year. Every time one of them has released a product not in January, it comes up.
This is the 7th set in a year. Other companies would be getting crucified over it.

Back