Mizuno JPX-EZ Irons Preview

So if I currently game the JPX 825 non forged, you would recommend me upgrading to the JPX EZ Forged? I'm really liking the style of these. However, I must find a Mizzy fitter first.

No. Try the MP54s instead.

No. Try the MP54s instead.

How do the clubhead sizes compare to one another of the 825/MP54? I'm going to take your advice and try to schedule a fitting with these going to be a recommendation of must try. What shaft did you get installed? So giving my handicapp is actually outside of their recomendation, is this a good club for someone looking to improve their game and "grow in" to? How is forgiveness? They are defn. a gorgeous looking club.

How do the clubhead sizes compare to one another of the 825/MP54? I'm going to take your advice and try to schedule a fitting with these going to be a recommendation of must try. What shaft did you get installed? So giving my handicapp is actually outside of their recomendation, is this a good club for someone looking to improve their game and "grow in" to? How is forgiveness? They are defn. a gorgeous looking club.

Club head size is pretty similar. The 54s are not as hard to hit as you might think. I am not sure where people get the idea that all mizuno MP irons are hard to hit. From my experience, the only Mizuno irons that truly require precise ball striking are the pure muscle backs like the MP-4.

Also see if they have the MP-59 available to try.

I went with the Nippon 1150 shaft but it won't stay in there for very long as I'll be swapping in the recoil shafts that are currently in my 800 pros unless the Nippon shaft provides some really amazing results.

They aren't on the shelf yet but I had a chance to hit the forged ones in the bay at a retailer yesterday. Pretty sweet clubs. Having hit the 825's (forged and cast) these feel a little more forgiving. I don't know how well they would work for a beginner because you can work the ball with them. I would think you need a repeating swing to be happy with these.

Signed up for fitting day while I was there.

looks like they just hit the shelves at golf town, I might go and try them this week

will we see a THP review on those?

I would assume so MPL.

looks like they just hit the shelves at golf town, I might go and try them this week

will we see a THP review on those?

We should have them in house in the next day or two.

great!

I just realised that golf town only have them in right handed, do you guys know if they are gonna be released for the left handed players?

great!

I just realised that golf town only have them in right handed, do you guys know if they are gonna be released for the left handed players?

According to the Mizuno website, they will not be available in LH. The 825s are available in LH though so I think you'd be fine with those.

According to the Mizuno website, they will not be available in LH. The 825s are available in LH though so I think you'd be fine with those.

Meh i tried the 825 but i ended up buying the older Adams a12 os

I may have saved 900 bucks

How do you think these measure up to AP1s? Got a set and might look at these since they seem to look better at address.

I hit these babies yesterday and I was really impressed. They felt great and were really forgiving. I didn't miss a single shot with them. For a GI club, the top line wasn't bad. They were pretty long as well. If you're looking for the feel of forged and forgiveness, I would definitely look at these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I hit these babies yesterday and I was really impressed. They felt great and were really forgiving. I didn't miss a single shot with them. For a GI club, the top line wasn't bad. They were pretty long as well. If you're looking for the feel of forged and forgiveness, I would definitely look at these.

Which ones? Forged or cast?

I have hit these as well and the forged and cast clubs are VERY different from each other. The width of the sole is one of those things. The cast have a much wider sole which makes the cavity deeper and changes how they work, and how well you can work the ball. The two clubs are aimed at a different skill class too.

Cast is aimed at anybody down to a single digit cap while the forged are aimed at the mid to single digit handicap golfer. The forged clubs are awesome for me. Sweet smooth buttery and it is easy to work them draw and fade. Easier than my current TP's by far.

I want to go hit them again a few times but I am thinking I will be looking at getting a forged set fitted by next spring.

I hit the forged. I saw the cast and noticed the exact same thing. I prefer the smaller profile of a forged club (currently game AP2's) so the cast didn't appeal to me at all. The EZ Forged seemed a little bigger than most forgings, but not anywhere near as big as the cast EZ.

Which ones? Forged or cast?

I have hit these as well and the forged and cast clubs are VERY different from each other. The width of the sole is one of those things. The cast have a much wider sole which makes the cavity deeper and changes how they work, and how well you can work the ball. The two clubs are aimed at a different skill class too.

Cast is aimed at anybody down to a single digit cap while the forged are aimed at the mid to single digit handicap golfer. The forged clubs are awesome for me. Sweet smooth buttery and it is easy to work them draw and fade. Easier than my current TP's by far.

I want to go hit them again a few times but I am thinking I will be looking at getting a forged set fitted by next spring.

I got my forged on Tuesday and I think the are ok. I was longer than with my mp 53s but the feel isn't as good. The finish wears off fast too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I hit the cast today at lunch for a while. FWIW, it has a much larger profile at address compared to the JPX 825. It felt nice enough, but that profile got to me for some reason. Kinda reminded me of the G2 HL's.

Back