SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this on thier website and thought I would share.

[h=1]Product FeaturesBuilding upon the successful JPX iron line, Mizuno introduces the new JPX Series of high performance wedges. These JPX wedges feature mizuno's quad cut grooves and a CNC milled face for maximum spin, and swerve as the perfect extension to any of mizuno's JPX iron sets. The JPX wedges were specifically designed for the mid to high handicapper, featuring a cavity back design for increased forgiveness and a wider sole for more effective bounce, with a look that any golfer can appreciate. The JPX Series will deliver duperior wedge performance for golfers of all abilities.
[/h]

• Quad cust grooves for maximum spin and ball stopping control.
  • CNC Milled Face -- increased surface roughness for improved spin on short range shots
  • Triple cut sole design delivers ideal turf interaction and syncs perfectly with JPX iron models
  • 8620 steel construction for solid feel
  • Two tone dobule nickel chrome finish
  • Milled face enhances surface roughness for extra spin on short shots
  • High spin quad cut grooves milled to USGA limits
JPX800wedge.jpg

hmm, looks like their iron. Why would they do that?

ugly ...

Yeah I don't know. I'm guessing this one is a tad more wedge-like versus the 800 pro wedges somehow. I'd have to see them side by side though. Reminded me of the CG14 idea though.

Awfully busy looking for a wedge...not feeling it. Although if they can carry the iron feel to a wedge as I have likened the SCOR wedges to doing then I would have zero complaints.

looks better then some of the other wedges being released

I think this would look real good sitting next to a set of JPX 800 pro's. Even better if they were in my bag. :)

I would have to see these in person but from the picture I'm not a fan. Don't like how much is going on on the backside of it.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

From SW's link: "specifically designed for the mid to high handicapper"

It might not be the nicest looking wedge out there, but I wonder why more companies don't do this. I realize that topline isn't a big consideration for some people (ahem, TC), but it amazes me how people can play irons that have really big toplines, which instill confidence in those people, and then go right to a wedge that looks like a blade. I realize that you don't need forgiveness as much in a wedge as you may need in a long iron, but this type of wedge will appeal to people that want forgiveness and the confidence of a bigger clubhead all the way down to the end of the bag.

From SW's link: "specifically designed for the mid to high handicapper"

It might not be the nicest looking wedge out there, but I wonder why more companies don't do this. I realize that topline isn't a big consideration for some people (ahem, TC), but it amazes me how people can play irons that have really big toplines, which instill confidence in those people, and then go right to a wedge that looks like a blade. I realize that you don't need forgiveness as much in a wedge as you may need in a long iron, but this type of wedge will appeal to people that want forgiveness and the confidence of a bigger clubhead all the way down to the end of the bag.

That about describes me! I can hit my CG15 great 7/10 times...but those 3 other times go terribly wrong. I could use a wedge that is more forgiving for sure.

Any idea on price point?

I don't mind the looks, probably since I game the JPX-800's now, I am curious about just how forgiving a wedge can be, maybe I'm missing some forgiveness that these could help with but I think a lower price point would be a good start to getting these into the mid to high handicappers bags.

The new R-12 wedge will be very nice. Not a fan of the JPX tho.

Hmmm...looks better to me than most of the Ping wedges I've seen, but that's not saying much. Still, I'd try it out.

I don't think this would be a bad wedge at all! The sole looks playable out of all types and the thicker top line, ehh...who cares? The back is a little busy and not so classic but not distasteful. And anybody who says you don't need to worry about forgiveness in a wedge; I only have to say why do so many love the CG16 then?

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I dont like the looks of them at all to be quite honest. They are really "busy" if that makes sense. Too much going on.

$99.99 most places I've seen so far. Not a bad price at all.

Not too bad, hopefully I will get the chance to try one out at a grass driving range to see if it is worth replacing the CG15.

I see what they are trying to with it, but I don't like it.

Not a bad looking wedge but not great either, I wonder how it plays. I think it would be perfect for somebody playing the JPX-800 irons

And anybody who says you don't need to worry about forgiveness in a wedge; I only have to say why do so many love the CG16 then?
I just picked up a CG16 and love it, but this wedge looks too much like one of those S wedges that comes with your iron set that doesn't even have the loft and bounce engraved. I prefer my non-P wedges to look different from my irons.

Some people like wedges that match the rest of their iron set. To me, the JPX remind me of the W/S TW9 wedges. I think theyre fine for people who want a CB wedge or want wedges that match or are at least similar to their JPX iron set.
Im not exactly in love with the looks of the JPX wedges but forgiving clubs arent usually very pretty clubs.

Yeah i'd love to have these since they'd match my irons... a more forgiving wedge would be welcome to my bag as well. I just gamed Clevelands for so long and became comfortable with them to switch. It was a reach getting that Jaws 64* you see in my sig, but I pulled the trigger anyway and haven't been disappointed yet. But the matching idea is nice and I would absolutely consider the JPX wedge.

Going to my local shop tonight, I'll try and grab some pics if they are available beside the MPT11 wedges for a comparison.

I like it, looks sleek and modern.

Back