Pics. Crappy cell pics but you'll get the idea. Side by side with the mpt-11. By the way, these are an amazing addition to the jpx irons, zero transition into the wedges. Not sure why they went dynalite on the shaft though.

aefe8265-6fe8-11be.jpg

aefe8265-6ffe-acfd.jpg

aefe8265-7011-a560.jpg

--
tapatalk

Pics. Crappy cell pics but you'll get the idea. Side by side with the mpt-11. By the way, these are an amazing addition to the jpx irons, zero transition into the wedges. Not sure why they went dynalite on the shaft though.

aefe8265-6fe8-11be.jpg

aefe8265-6ffe-acfd.jpg

aefe8265-7011-a560.jpg

--
tapatalk
Nice. Thanks for sharing those pics. You can definetly see that the JPX wedges are a seamless transition from the JPX irons.

--
tapatalk

Can't quite tell from that pic, but what type of grooving is on the wedge? Says quad cut on the first post, but I can't really see that...might just be the pic

I like it. Heck I like all golf clubs. May have a softer leading edge than the MP T's. Hard to say without seeing more pics.

I like what Mizuno is doing. They seem to be offering clubs to fit everyone but the absolute beginner. I don't get along with the JPX irons so I doubt these wedges would fit me.

This wedge totally makes sense. If you are a Mizuno fan in love with your sticks you want MORE Mizuno.

I like what Mizuno is doing. They seem to be offering clubs to fit everyone but the absolute beginner. I don't get along with the JPX irons so I doubt these wedges would fit me.
The JPX-800 HDs are great clubs for even an absolute beginner. Theyre total shovels and are clubs that most Mizuno loyalists probably turn their noses up at but for people who want Mizunos and dont have the swing for MPs, theyre great clubs.

Can't quite tell from that pic, but what type of grooving is on the wedge? Says quad cut on the first post, but I can't really see that...might just be the pic

To me they looked the same. I would play these in a hot minute. Sorry for the craptacular pics :p

--
tapatalk

BTW, according to that video the grooves are Quad Cut, just like in the MP T and MP R wedges.

From SW's link: "specifically designed for the mid to high handicapper"

I don't know that I care much for this line either.. From personal experience I want my wedge to be the same wedge a low handicap would play. I don't know if this is how it is for everyone else, but the shorter the club the more consistent I was when I was starting out. So my wedges were the ones that I swung the most consistently with regards to tempo and ball striking.

When I got my LW (probably well before I was 'ready' to properly use it) it actually became my go-to club for a lot of shots. This was because I didn't try to crush it. I just accepted that it was only going to go so far.. This encouraged me to swing within myself.

My point is that if there is one club where I'm actually going to reap the benefits of a sound golf swing combined with a club that will reward my rare moment of pure ball striking, it is the wedge.

Then again, for the high handicapper that is finding no reassurance in any club, the idea of a club made especially for him/her could provide the confidence they need to put a good swing on it.

It would look nice next to my JPX 800 Pros... but so would the new MP-R12 in black nickel :clapp:.

To me they looked the same. I would play these in a hot minute. Sorry for the craptacular pics :p

--
tapatalk

Good to know! Going to try this club out when the stores around here get them in.

I don't know that I care much for this line either.. From personal experience I want my wedge to be the same wedge a low handicap would play. I don't know if this is how it is for everyone else, but the shorter the club the more consistent I was when I was starting out. So my wedges were the ones that I swung the most consistently with regards to tempo and ball striking.

When I got my LW (probably well before I was 'ready' to properly use it) it actually became my go-to club for a lot of shots. This was because I didn't try to crush it. I just accepted that it was only going to go so far.. This encouraged me to swing within myself.

My point is that if there is one club where I'm actually going to reap the benefits of a sound golf swing combined with a club that will reward my rare moment of pure ball striking, it is the wedge.

Then again, for the high handicapper that is finding no reassurance in any club, the idea of a club made especially for him/her could provide the confidence they need to put a good swing on it.

It would look nice next to my JPX 800 Pros... but so would the new MP-R12 in black nickel :clapp:.
These clubs are more designed for people who have JPX-800 irons and want wedges that very closely match their iron set. If youre a blade wedge fan, these might not be the wedges for you.

These clubs are more designed for people who have JPX-800 irons and want wedges that very closely match their iron set. If youre a blade wedge fan, these might not be the wedges for you.

Not exactly though. Mizuno makes JPX-800 irons up to the SW as part of the set. If someone wanted a matching set, they can have that with their regular clubs. Now this offers a little more versatility than that, but I dont think this is just a wedge created for people that have the 800s.

This is another set that Mizuno has out. They are pumping out equipment faster than any company on the planet it seems like over the last 20 months or so. Nothing wrong with that of course, choices are a good thing.

I think it's a great idea for Mizuno to start providing quality wedge products on a more common basis to the higher handicappers who aren't really looking for the fully bladed wedge. The 'triple cut sole' is a great feature for relief as well I think.

Anyone going to buy these?

Not exactly though. Mizuno makes JPX-800 irons up to the SW as part of the set. If someone wanted a matching set, they can have that with their regular clubs. Now this offers a little more versatility than that, but I dont think this is just a wedge created for people that have the 800s.

This is another set that Mizuno has out. They are pumping out equipment faster than any company on the planet it seems like over the last 20 months or so. Nothing wrong with that of course, choices are a good thing.
Theyre much more similar to the JPX set than the MP T or MP R are.

I think it's a great idea for Mizuno to start providing quality wedge products on a more common basis to the higher handicappers who aren't really looking for the fully bladed wedge. The 'triple cut sole' is a great feature for relief as well I think.

Anyone going to buy these?
Thinking about giving a JPX SW a shot. I will likely talk to the local Mizuno rep and see about demoing one. I like my MP T-10 54 degree but the grooves are getting a bit worn and Im not crazy about the black satin finish that rusts almost instantly.
My only concerns with it is the ability to open up the face. Those shots are so easy with the MP T and I will need to try the same shots with the JPX before I put one in the bag.

Back