I am starting to compile a little ShotScope data. As mentioned before I've only got 6 full rounds with the HMP's. But that'll have to do since I broke it and can't collect more.

View attachment 9125122

I'm gaining around 10 yards a club some a little more some a little less. Again there isn't a lot of data by my count less than 10 shots with each HMP. Whereas the 699's have 100's of shots over the course of 90+ rounds. I know yardage is just part of the story, doesn't matter how far it goes if it's not where you want it. I'm happy with the gains though.

It's going to take a while longer to dig through the "Shots plotted" feature to get a good comparison of accuracy/dispersion, etc... I have started that but am nowhere near ready to share that data yet so stay tuned.

Lofts are different correct? HMP @25*, and the 699 @27*?

What effect have the gains had in your other stats, and ultimately, your score.

If it's too early to draw a comparison, what do you think the benefits will be? Have holes at your home course been more accessible on approach?
It’s still kinda early to draw proper conclusions but I think the added length is translating to more opportunities. I am going for the par 5 #12 and 14 in 2 more often (that could also have to do with the harder ground giving more rollout) but I like to think the added distance is helping there too.

I know I’m hitting shorter clubs into greens and I know that is helping with proximity to the hole on approach shots.

When I am missing the misses aren’t as terrible and much easier to have an opportunity of saving par from.

My very home course dependent handicap keeps creeping down too.
⬅️⬅️ Haven’t updated since right before VC.
Now:
1664970895461.png

It’ll be interesting to see the limited data I’m able to pull from my recorded ShotScope stuff it’s back to the notebook and videos for the rest of my rounds this year. Maybe I’ll get fancy and make something in excel 😝

Lofts are different correct? HMP @25*, and the 699 @27*?
I had the 923’s bent to the same lofts or maybe 1° strong I can’t remember. I’ll try to look I know I wrote that somewhere

Listening to Chris Voshall in an interview. He stated on how Mizuno increased the MOI or forgiveness of the clubs. Not only horizontal but vertical as well.
Then this morning I found this picture showing what they did.

Interesting to see, as my strike pattern is similar to how the MOI pattern looks like when I spray powder on my clubs 🤔

Screenshot_20221005-103128_YouTube.jpg

Listening to Chris Voshall in an interview. He stated on how Mizuno increased the MOI or forgiveness of the clubs. Not only horizontal but vertical as well.

Interesting to see, as my strike pattern is similar to how the MOI pattern looks like when I spray powder on my clubs 🤔

View attachment 9125196
Awesome visual. And I will sush an entire room anytime something comes on with Voshall talking forgiveness and MOI across different axis. It doesn't get much better.

Last edited:

View attachment 9125196

hypothetically, if i had seen a picture like that, say, before a product even came to market, i would, hypothetically, have gasped in delighted surprise.

hypothetically, of course

Had a chance to hit the HM HL 7i demo again today along with the Fli Hi 29*.
I kinda thought the Fli Hi would be more of a 6i replacement but to my eye based on the 150 stake it seemed like the 7i was actually launching higher and flying farther than the Fli Hi on avg. Really would love to try the HL 6i.

I am one that likes to setup with the shaft in line with my front arm and for some reason this season with my irons haven't been able to hit the ball well doing that. so I am in more of a weaker feeling setup. With the HL's I setup with more shaft lean and the ball still got up really high and with a hint of a draw...
I hit today with the ESX460 Recoil F3 and liked it. Nice and smooth feeling with a bit of kick to get the ball in the air.

Still a hard ponder. Just hate to pull the trigger with these essentially being the first out for 2023 irons.
Would like to see the G430 irons in person befor pulling the trigger.

Some pics of todays contact with both.
86533CCA-329C-4A05-A207-8F641D3F1AE1.jpeg90B5845F-F888-40CF-8224-C1C4FB8A4A4E.jpeg

Really interested in these irons but I have to wait until forged comes out because I had the 900F and 919F. That and the updated DART shafts as well.

OK gentlemen. I blame you for this. I have my fitting set for Friday at 12pm. If all goes well there will be a new set (7-PW) of JPX923 Hot Metal or Hot Metal Pro irons on order. Don't tell my wife. 🤫

Really interested in these irons but I have to wait until forged comes out because I had the 900F and 919F. That and the updated DART shafts as well.
I am also coming from 900F, 919F, and currently in Recoils 95 F4s. Also waiting for the 923F to take a look.

OK gentlemen. I blame you for this. I have my fitting set for Friday at 12pm. If all goes well there will be a new set (7-PW) of JPX923 Hot Metal or Hot Metal Pro irons on order. Don't tell my wife. 🤫
I think my biggest decision will be which grips to get. I love all of these. Any suggestions?
Golf Pride- CP2 wrap, MCC, MCC Plus 4, MCC Align. (Midsize)

If it wasn’t for the forgiveness and ease of use with these irons yesterday I would have easily shot over 100 with my 40+ putts. I’m so glad I have irons I can trust while I’m going through the yips with the putter.

Where are you going? Windmill in Macedonia?

I think my biggest decision will be which grips to get. I love all of these. Any suggestions?

Really, really look at the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid grips. I WAS all in on Pure, but now it's the Lamkins.

Where are you going? Windmill in Macedonia?

Really, really look at the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid grips. I WAS all in on Pure, but now it's the Lamkins.
Going to Golf Galaxy. I know one of the fitters there.

I went with the MCC Plus 4 in blue. I thought about going with a softer grip, but couldn't find anything I liked enough. I had the MCC Plus 4's on my 921's and really liked them, so I just stuck with them. They also work pretty well with my sweaty hands and that was important to me. Are you going with black or were you thinking about a color to mix it up?

One week from today for release!

I'm excited to get my dad to go demo the HM HL's. I think he's going to love them. I'm going to hit them as well.

I have an fitting set up for the 19th.

The Villages Mizuno Day is October 27th.

I MAY have a morning appointment. ;)

One of the guys in the village went the smart route on getting the Tours. We're not lemme borrow friendly, so I offered services in exchange. I mean I would take the deal if I were him. 🤞

Two weeks! I waited 12 weeks for my 223’s…I ordered these the 21st and the came today. Prettiest irons I’ve ever owned: JPX 923 Hot Metal Pros, 2 up, +1/2” i110 Steel Fiber shafts…

Attachments

• 1F83249B-6AD9-4C84-9DFE-76BB633EF0E8.jpeg
    1F83249B-6AD9-4C84-9DFE-76BB633EF0E8.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 36
  • 4F3B9872-1E67-4778-B622-9A5B820C5978.jpeg
    4F3B9872-1E67-4778-B622-9A5B820C5978.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 37
Two weeks! I waited 12 weeks for my 223’s…I ordered these the 21st and the came today. Prettiest irons I’ve ever owned: JPX 923 Hot Metal Pros, 2 up, +1/2” i110 Steel Fiber shafts…

Excellent ferrules!

Whoa! Just two weeks? Mizuno must've been ready to go with these! I didn't think they would even start shipping preorders until they released to retail on 10/13.

Beautiful irons, btw!

Back