Do the 923 HMPs feel softer than the 921's? Alway thought the 921's felt a bit harsh...

from everything i've heard (pun intended), yes the 923 has improved sound/feel.

Do the 923 HMPs feel softer than the 921's? Alway thought the 921's felt a bit harsh...
I could tell a difference the other day. Something with the chassis playing a role there? Don't know, but it was noticeable. I feel like there's always the potential for certain fast materials and multi-material designs to sound or feel harsh even on the button, but I really didn't get any of that with the 923s until some pretty high ball speeds. It was really impressive. There are a lot of more player type irons I can't say that about. I didn't really test the edges, but I can't imagine they'd be more harsh than expected based on the rest.

How's the turf interaction? I'm relatively shallow and play on asphalt fairways during the summer. Always have to be wary of chunky soles hanging up in the dirt.

from everything i've heard (pun intended), yes the 923 has improved sound/feel.
Did someone say sound and feel? That's kinda my thing.

A little sneak peak while I'm editing, I mean working.. I'm totally working ;)

Really solid looking line-up. Still baffled why these don't show up in more shops around here.

I'm putting the numbers from earlier today in a spreadsheet and I'm having a really hard time believing them. Like I almost wanna go to another SIM location to make sure that this one isnt screwed up.

This is complete insanity.

This is gonna be a problem I can tell. Two years ago I was one lucky roll of the random number generator away from ordering a 921 HM/HMP combo. I was sure I'd be looking for some used 921s after these release but now...now I'm going to have to resist the siren song of the 923s 😂

Really solid looking line-up. Still baffled why these don't show up in more shops around here.

it’s criminal. in the category these go toe to toe with anyone, and in a fantastic price point.

I remember being impressed on the last version of HMP, but not like with these. I didn't expect them to look or feel quite as good as they did for how much they offer. And my spin numbers where pretty decent. Not always easy to get that with me. I really look forward to more people giving them a chance this time around and falling in love.

And for the price? Just 🤯
I was thinking the same thing on the price. Show me better for a 5-GW set at 1k. I'll be waiting a while.

Great write up @Jman. Those HL sound interesting. Excited to hear more.

I was thinking I'd want the Forged for a bit but I'm leaning hard towards the HMP. So much tech and performance. Be a nice compliment to the irons I already game.

This is such a tough decision. Speaks to the job Mizuno has done with this line. Each model is extremely appealing and has a great story.

This is such a tough decision. Speaks to the job Mizuno has done with this line. Each model is extremely appealing and has a great story.
Agree with this statement 100%. They want to make sure they have irons for every golfer. I really like the reasoning behind this is from their shaft optimizer results.

Nothing gets me excited quite like a Mizuno iron release.

Question: For those of you in the Victory Cup that had a chance to see the Gap Wedge from this set, how did it look? Was it offset? Was it over sized compared to the PW on the HM Pro? Just have concerns about the difference in size through the set. Going from a HMP PW to a larger GW is concerning, but not nearly as concerning as 42.5 down to a Jaws Raw at 48. I imagine there would be a noticeable gap issue.

Also didn’t see anyone mention it, but an underrated part of the JPX line is the Gap Wedge. I don’t care for the SW or LW, but the package really works well in that 50* spot they have the gap wedge.

Question: For those of you in the Victory Cup that had a chance to see the Gap Wedge from this set, how did it look? Was it offset? Was it over sized compared to the PW on the HM Pro? Just have concerns about the difference in size through the set. Going from a HMP PW to a larger GW is concerning, but not nearly as concerning as 42.5 down to a Jaws Raw at 48. I imagine there would be a noticeable gap issue.
I didn't get the gap wedge and I'm not sure if @Deebo76 or @AuzzieMatt did. I'm more than likely going to order one. There is a large gap between PW and 50º for me now that I didn't really think would exist based of my old PW yardage. I'm quickly finding out that the old yardages are completely irrelevant.

Also didn’t see anyone mention it, but an underrated part of the JPX line is the Gap Wedge. I don’t care for the SW or LW, but the package really works well in that 50* spot they have the gap wedge.
I really like that they make a Tour gap too. Annoys the heck out of me when sets don't have one.

I didn't get the gap wedge and I'm not sure if @Deebo76 or @AuzzieMatt did. I'm more than likely going to order one. There is a large gap between PW and 50º for me now that I didn't really think would exist based of my old PW yardage. I'm quickly finding out that the old yardages are completely irrelevant.
I did not get a set GW. I ordered a T22 at 49

New :love: Mizuno :love: irons :love:

A golf truism: One can never have too many sets of Mizuno irons.

The Puttmaster family golf club inventory includes five sets of Mizuno irons. With this release, I could see that going to … seven.

The 923 Forged and HMPs are speaking to me now. :unsure:

Went to Mizuno fitting event at Golf Galaxy today. Mizuno Swing DNA suggested KBS Tour Lite Regular. We also tested Recoil 95 and Nippon Modus 105, but the KBS Tour Lite works best for my 74 MPH 7i swing speed. I tried JPX923 HL and Pro, then the Pro 223. Am still using 10 year old Ping i20 irons.
Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 22.03.23.png
This summary shows to me that fitting and trying the clubs for myself was very important. I've tested the Pro 223 successfully before. I continue to prefer them to any others for performance, feel, sound, looks. Thought I was going to buy JPX today, but it didn't turn out that way.

Ok, let's start this off with the JPX Hot Metal Pro 9i vs my Old 699 pro. The numbers really speak for themselves.
This is going to be a drip feed of sorts while I edit videos and put together the spreadsheet but we will make it through the whole bag.
I took the 3 most consistent swings for each club to get the numbers.

Some of these numbers are shocking to me. Especially once we start getting to the longer irons. You'll definitely want to stay tuned!!

Just the numbers if you don't want to watch my video :cry:

Image 9-23-22 at 10.22 PM.jpg

edit - BTW I have no idea what 'Devation' means :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ok, let's start this off with the JPX Hot Metal Pro 9i vs my Old 699 pro. The numbers really speak for themselves.
This is going to be a drip feed of sorts while I edit videos and put together the spreadsheet but we will make it through the whole bag.
I took the 3 most consistent swings for each club to get the numbers.

Some of these numbers are shocking to me. Especially once we start getting to the longer irons. You'll definitely want to stay tuned!!

Just the numbers if you don't want to watch my video :cry:

View attachment 9122832

edit - BTW I have no idea what 'Devation' means :ROFLMAO:

That's game changing distance. A full club to club and a half once you get fully settled.

Back