Mizuno M Craft 4-5-6 Putters

Do you have the Blue and if so, how does it hold up and just it's said, you can tell awful so that I can stop looking here.
These have been posted in here already...but lord knows I love any excuse to post them...

4B3AFD4C-0123-403D-BBC9-F1EE8F83B716.jpeg38E88878-0BA9-4292-B3F4-DD0701CD5674.jpeg74F20116-E7D5-4886-B7F9-9EBB3E2A3B2F.jpeg03AB0B81-765F-4788-BCA2-143DC882F582.jpeg7C5083B6-ADF6-433C-A811-4115DED81C67.jpegBB8D73D4-A239-4A8D-88F1-DB866A77F4F3.jpeg34B8A7CA-A5BB-4C57-BBCA-C76AD0196123.jpegEAFA8B0B-A3BB-415B-9B1A-B151C9F2948E.jpeg

Finish has held up immaculately!

It’s either IV or V for me, I don’t get along well with face balanced, although looks alone I’d pick VI. Moving from a blade so I’m leaning IV but current blade has a strong toe hang so V is intriguing

I still think in the next half year or so I track down another V for a song and have the plating removed to make it raw :love:

I think my current game knows!

I made the micro target at 3, 4, and 6 ft at the end of my morning Putt Out session. I rarely make three micro targets out of six, especially from the longer distances.

Soooooo...anyone going to pull the trigger today?

I was planning to spend my birthday money on an Odyssey 2 Ball Ten.
Obviously that brought me into this forum and I've seen this thread popping off.
Now I want a Mizuno V
@Jman if it's as good as you say then I feel I'll be making a mistake looking elsewhere!
Seems to be great value for money too.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I was planning to spend my birthday money on an Odyssey 2 Ball Ten.
Obviously that brought me into this forum and I've seen this thread popping off.
Now I want a Mizuno V
@Jman if it's as good as you say then I feel I'll be making a mistake looking elsewhere!
Seems to be great value for money too.

All about what you want! Inserts, Odyssey is king for a reason. Milled putter that is high end classy but not obscenely priced though, these are near impossible to beat imo!

All about what you want! Inserts, Odyssey is king for a reason. Milled putter that is high end classy but not obscenely priced though, these are near impossible to beat imo!
Truthfully I want a putter that will improve my aim. The big line on the V looks appropriate to fulfil that task. I may have to wait until I can actually see any of these in hand.
It does look ridiculously gorgeous, crafted like a samurai sword for the greens.

I'll be making a call to see if I can roll them a bit today or tomorrow. I want to try both the V and VI, really like the look of both, and my putter fitting said I'm good with either face-balanced or toe-hang.

My only hold-up is if I do a formal putter fitting. I've read all about the benefits but am also afraid my engineering/analytical mind will start infiltrating my head on the green. I tend to be a feel putter so I'm concerned about it. I average 33 putts a round so room to improve but not awful (and hopefully my inbound shotscope will provide better insight).

But sometimes the heart wins and I might just walk home today with something pretty

Have a V currently on hold! I love the look, and I love the weights giving ability to get dialed in. IV was a little too long heel to to toe for me. Feel was really good as well, but wasn't quite as pure as a clean strike on the I or II. Going to sleep on it to make sure the looks, weights, and slight feel increase are worth the extra coin compared to the Cleveland Soft Premiere.

@Jman you have me going down a never-ending rabbit hole now. I have read every review and seen every picture of these putters on the net.
So I read in a post from 2014(I know, I'm in deep) that you are left eye dominant. How do you find the V to putt with in terms of alignment to your chosen target?
Additionally what's your view on an alignment line on the top and the bottom of the flange for left eye dominant players?

@Jman you have me going down a never-ending rabbit hole now. I have read every review and seen every picture of these putters on the net.
So I read in a post from 2014(I know, I'm in deep) that you are left eye dominant. How do you find the V to putt with in terms of alignment to your chosen target?
Additionally what's your view on an alignment line on the top and the bottom of the flange for left eye dominant players?

You’ve not read them all...yet. But soon.;)

I am left eye dominant, traditionally for me top line or dot are most ideal, but the shape with this one is aiding my my alignment more than the line with how well it squares the golf ball at address.

I’ll put it this way. I own some WAY WAY WAY too expensive putters, and these are one hubdred percent toe to toe with them on feel.

OK, I'll play.

IV or V for GR? Blue? That sounds appropriate.

That IV is singing a Siren's Song. A duet, in harmony with the V. It's a tough life, making these decisions :D

You’ve not read them all...yet. But soon.;)

I am left eye dominant, traditionally for me top line or dot are most ideal, but the shape with this one is aiding my my alignment more than the line with how well it squares the golf ball at address.

I’ll put it this way. I own some WAY WAY WAY too expensive putters, and these are one hubdred percent toe to toe with them on feel.
Cool looking forward to the review! I guess that's what you mean?
Also would you say you have a strong arc in your stroke? I've always bought putters aimed at SBST but I do wonder how much difference it makes.
Or maybe that's also where I'm going wrong?
A fitting would do me some good but we aren't getting out of lockdown until mid march. These aren't available here until after march 19th anyway it seems.

A silver V is in possession! It was rolling so smooth for me in store. What I think I like best, even beyond the great feel, is that it just seems to hug the ground and the ball all at the same time. It’s hard to explain but is very condfidence inspiring.

The rather squat frame may not fit everyone but it just seemed to frame the ball so well. 😍

Last edited:
If there is one of these at the golf store tomorrow, I am going to buy it. There, I said it out loud. LFG.

Cool looking forward to the review! I guess that's what you mean?
Also would you say you have a strong arc in your stroke? I've always bought putters aimed at SBST but I do wonder how much difference it makes.
Or maybe that's also where I'm going wrong?
A fitting would do me some good but we aren't getting out of lockdown until mid march. These aren't available here until after march 19th anyway it seems.

Yessir!

I have a slight arc, that said, I'm of the camp that everyone has SOME arc and its impossible to be true SBST (unless maybe you tabletop like Wie or putt like Bryson), that said I have used the weight kit to go 3g in the toe and 13g in the heel to mitigate some of the arc for me, and its been quite nice. I think it can make a difference for sure, but I also think many people get hung up in the minutia of it and it costs them putting confidence.

A silver V is in possession! It was rolling so smooth for me in store. What I think I like best, even beyond the great feel, is that it just seems to hug the ground and the ball all at the same time. It’s hard to explain but is very condfidence inspiring.

The rather squat frame may not fit everyone but it just seemed to frame the ball so well. 😍
The shape man, its so stinking good.

Went in to try/buy a IV, to supplement my Spider X. Sadly, as much as I wanted it to be, the V won out. 2 really great putters, but just really got along with the V more.

Sadly, I turned to see closeout RTX-4s, and decided new wedges were a better play.

Will be acquiring a V down the road for sure.

Mizuno really knocked it out of the park with the whole putter lineup.

Went in to try/buy a IV, to supplement my Spider X. Sadly, as much as I wanted it to be, the V won out. 2 really great putters, but just really got along with the V more.

Sadly, I turned to see closeout RTX-4s, and decided new wedges were a better play.

Will be acquiring a V down the road for sure.

Mizuno really knocked it out of the park with the whole putter lineup.
They really did. I was a pessimist, but in hand the quality is killer

Back