Mizuno M Craft Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of information out on the new Mizuno line and we have other videos detailing all of the technology. With this one we wanted to cover the basics as well as give you a sound test to kind of showcase what you will expect to feel.

I have been playing my m2 since they came out and it’s still in the bag great putters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
I don don't know what it is about this line, but I freaking love the sound at impact.

I don don't know what it is about this line, but I freaking love the sound at impact.
I couldn't agree more, my only issue was seeing the loft at address (possibly just the 2 I have?) was very odd and distracting to me eyes.

I would like to try these but they don't offer them in left-handed.

how much does the sound change between a hard golf ball & soft one?
A little?
A lot?
Undeterminable?
I want a Black #2, but I putt very well with my Ping Signa 2 adjustable Kushin .

Still happy with my Frontline Elevado.

No lefty? Aww man.:cry:

Well done guys. I'm a big fan of the feel of the blade but no one around here has the mallet to try out. That's the one I really want to get my hands on at some point. I wonder how those release has sold for Mizuno so far.

Well done guys. I'm a big fan of the feel of the blade but no one around here has the mallet to try out. That's the one I really want to get my hands on at some point. I wonder how those release has sold for Mizuno so far.
Speaking to them today actually on a different matter, I would say pretty darn well. In fact I would say better than expected.

Reactions: KEV
The corded grip turned me off so much I didn't putt many times with it when I had the chance but I'd like to give it another go with another grip (which is unlikely). BUT there wasn't anything else that I disliked about it.

Mizuno killed it with the subtle looks for this line. As a mid mallet fan, the M-Craft 3 looks really good.

Nice review! I've rolled all 3 on different occasions and like these. The feel is very good. I came close to buying one. The only shape I didn't like was the mallet. It felt off somehow.

How deep is the milling on the putter? I am trying to remember, but doesn't a deeper milled putter produce a softer feel/sound?

For contrast it would be cool to hear putts off different putter faces / inserts. For me, it’s hard to gauge whether I like the sound of a product without comparing it to the sound of another product.

How deep is the milling on the putter? I am trying to remember, but doesn't a deeper milled putter produce a softer feel/sound?
Not very actually. It’s not super shallow either. I can grab a picture tomorrow for you.

I think deeper can, due to less surface area, as can a few other things.

For contrast it would be cool to hear putts off different putter faces / inserts. For me, it’s hard to gauge whether I like the sound of a product without comparing it to the sound of another product.
We have a pretty cool video upcoming featuring 3 different putters and their sound.

Enjoyed the video. The sound was certainly intoxicating.

I must resist at this moment. I will not watch! No! Oh I want. No!

No LH models, per usual, with Mizuno. :rolleyes:

Beautiful sticks, though.

Blue ion finish is great and the deep milling must definitely help the sound as it sounds great.

👋 @Canadan

Blue ion finish is great and the deep milling must definitely help the sound as it sounds great.

👋 @Canadan
I'm not a deep mill guy at all, but I do support the execution by Mizuno here.

how much does the sound change between a hard golf ball & soft one?
A little?
A lot?
Undeterminable?
I want a Black #2, but I putt very well with my Ping Signa 2 adjustable Kushin .
Not as much as with other putters to my ears. It's a little different sound and there's only so much changing it.
It will be, in terms of sound, on the complete opposite end/corner of the sound spectrum, from a Sigma 2, in my opinion.

Back