Mizuno makes golf balls??

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
Played in a charity scramble tournament a few weeks ago and one of our foursome was playing a Mizuno golf ball. I had no idea that Mizuno even made balls! He said he got them off of eBay. I checked one out while we were on a green and it looked to be a very nice ball. Didn't get a chance to hit or putt with it though.
Any THP'ers ever had a chance to play a Mizzy ball? What are they comparable to??

Yes. They are not distributed in the US Market however.

I heard they are very expensive.

Tour spec lists them for $85 a dozen... At just over $7 per ball you don't want to lose these puppies!

I found this out last year as well. It suprised me enough that I managed to get a client to bring over a dozen or so of them to try out. MP something or other. I want to say 7 or 8?

To be honest, I didn't like them much. Felt sort of like a cross between a ProV1 and a E5 and spun like a billy goat's gruff (IE more so then the V1, or at least it appeared to. I never got them on a monitor to actually check). I just keep them as a conversation piece mostly now.

Thp should review these :D

Oh and that Rolex that I've always wanted

Just tappin away

They sells them in Japan and the UK but, like JB said, not in the U.S. I bough a dozen of them earlier this year when I was in Japan and theyre nice. Theyre very comparable to any of the balls you buy here.
If I could get them at a competitive price, Id play them but Im not about to pay $50 a dozen for distance balls.

That's a pretty cool site.

Forget the balls (at $85/dozen). The Mizuno MP shoes look awesome. Why can't they sell those in the States?
There isnt enough of a piece of the pie for Mizuno to spend the money trying to break into the U.S. market. Same reason why they dont sell their putters and balls here. The market is already crowded and they would have to spend a small fortune on marketing just to TRY to break into the market with no certainty that they would ever find widespread market acceptance. Its just too much of a risk for them.

I can buy them not far from me (the shoes I'm talking about)
Infact its the place I'm getting fitted (its a mizuno centre)

Just tappin away

Their shoes really look terrific and it's too bad they aren't for sale in the US. I tried to track some down since they caught my eye watching Mark Crossfield's videos on Youtube- no dice.

Search UK sellers they normally have them

Just tappin away

Back