Mizuno MP-20 Irons

Okay so I am going over some new data on how good Mizuno has been doing as of late. Currently they are hovering around 9% (off course), which is very good for the brand. To give you an idea, year over year, they were around 6%. Out of that whole 9%, Hot Metal makes up nearly 4% and Hot Metal Pro adds another point and a half. Crazy good for that company and I am so curious to see how MP20 does, specifically HMB, although I think it will be more comparable to the 919 Forged.

Crazy good release timing for the company and I expect we see them at the 10% number relatively soon.
Really impressive market gain. I know the local rep in Austin was amazed that the factory was working weekends to keep up with demand. He said that NEVER happens. He thinks the HMBs are driving a good bit of it recently.

Really impressive market gain. I know the local rep in Austin was amazed that the factory was working weekends to keep up with demand. He said that NEVER happens. He thinks the HMBs are driving a good bit of it recently.

The HMB has the aesthetics to get in a lot of peoples bags and moderate enough lofts to blend between better players and the GI crowd. In the mizuno lineup, I would say the closest thing is the 919 Forged, with a different look.

The Hot Metals were so underrated on JPX900 line and they were still Mizuno's best selling iron ever. Once everyone figured out how good they were on the JPX919 line they were one of the best selling irons period. I would imagine the HMB's fall a bit below the JPX919's but still sell like wildfire. @JB what is the best selling iron OEM and also the best selling iron model?

Okay so I am going over some new data on how good Mizuno has been doing as of late. Currently they are hovering around 9% (off course), which is very good for the brand. To give you an idea, year over year, they were around 6%. Out of that whole 9%, Hot Metal makes up nearly 4% and Hot Metal Pro adds another point and a half. Crazy good for that company and I am so curious to see how MP20 does, specifically HMB, although I think it will be more comparable to the 919 Forged.

Crazy good release timing for the company and I expect we see them at the 10% number relatively soon.

I would bet that the jpx line had a huge jump in sales after winning in most categories from another site and with brooks koepka doing so well with the line, people are buying them off the shelves. The hot metals fit most golfers very well and I was surprised how easy they were to hit.

I loved the jpx tours but I felt the mp line just fits me better just by looks. They will definitely sell a ton of mp hmb for sure but I don’t think it will be on jpx level unless someone starts winning majors :)

The Hot Metals were so underrated on JPX900 line and they were still Mizuno's best selling iron ever. Once everyone figured out how good they were on the JPX919 line they were one of the best selling irons period. I would imagine the HMB's fall a bit below the JPX919's but still sell like wildfire. @JB what is the best selling iron OEM and also the best selling iron model?

If I were to hazard a guess Callaway for iron oem. For model, its tough, maybe either p790 or callaway rogue or ping g series

If I were to hazard a guess Callaway for iron oem. For model, its tough, maybe either p790 or callaway rogue or ping g series

The bold for 2019? I would guess Apex CF19 would be their highest selling iron model in 2019. The P790's are certainly hot sellers for sure. 4% for the Hot Metal line is pretty stout though, that means 1 out of every 25 sets sold was a Hot Metal set.

If Ca
I loved the jpx tours but I felt the mp line just fits me better just by looks. They will definitely sell a ton of mp hmb for sure but I don’t think it will be on jpx level unless someone starts winning majors :)
I really love the look of the JPX tours and was always bummed that they didn’t come in a lefty option so I play the forged. I was so happy that the MP20 SELs were released. I hit my forged so well but was always underwhelmed by the looks. the Apex pros they replaced had a slightly thinner top line and didn’t look all GI when looking down. Plus I sill hate the jacked lofts on the forged. Yea, I gained 20 yards but the 6i was 4 deg stronger than my Apex pro 6i.

The bold for 2019? I would guess Apex CF19 would be their highest selling iron model in 2019. The P790's are certainly hot sellers for sure. 4% for the Hot Metal line is pretty stout though, that means 1 out of every 25 sets sold was a Hot Metal set.

Yeah that should be apex. Actually really curious on the stats for best selling iron. I know PXG has a larger amount of market share than expected, but a lot of that is driven by the price point of their irons.

Total OEM is Callaway (its not remotely close).
Top selling iron? Rogue.
P790 is not TM's top selling iron. In fact its not close, as M6 doubles what they sell.

Yeah that should be apex. Actually really curious on the stats for best selling iron. I know PXG has a larger amount of market share than expected, but a lot of that is driven by the price point of their irons.

No sir, PXG combined as a whole has less than half of a percentage point. Obviously dollar share a tad bit higher, since they cost so much, but even then, not much of a blip currently.

Returning this conversation back to the MB20, I am hopeful to be visiting Mizuno again in the coming weeks to discuss this line in detail with their expectations and performance.

Total OEM is Callaway (its not remotely close).
Top selling iron? Rogue.
P790 is not TM's top selling iron. In fact its not close, as M6 doubles what they sell.

I was accidentally correct. Lol. Not at all surprised given the number of sets I see.

P790 vs m6 was a debate in my head.

Returning this conversation back to the MB20, I am hopeful to be visiting Mizuno again in the coming weeks to discuss this line in detail with their expectations and performance.

I'm really curious to hear about tour uptake on this lineup

It will be very interesting to hear their take on the differences and similarities between the MP-20's and the JPX919 lines.

Both seem to have club designs that appeal to similar players. But difference between the lines make them each unique enough to carve out their own market share.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

The MMC's are the bees knees. I don't think I've ever been more in love with an iron either visually or functionally.

Hoping the Doc can swing by and pick up my HMB's today. Impressed how quickly they ended up getting them out, two weeks ahead of what I was quoted.

The MMC's are the bees knees. I don't think I've ever been more in love with an iron either visually or functionally.
I always wondered what Bee's Knees looked Like.

MIZUNO MP-20 MMC.

Let us know how they improve and impact your game.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Received my tracking number for my MB HMB combo this afternoon! I absolutely cannot wait to get these, but sadly being in Calgary Alberta it looks like its going to snow tomorrow! I also hate to say that it wont be the first snowfall of the year either. Looks like its going to be indoor testing for the next 5 months...

488901FA-A84E-4A6A-8758-97328921DA49.jpeg

A41B86CD-3611-48BB-82A9-3747A20B4975.jpeg

F6F62D7F-5315-4B81-A1EB-461497A07DF5.jpeg

62AB4EFB-0087-4E00-9A7D-A101957C2576.jpeg

88EDF262-E448-42F9-BAF7-CF6E49EB8B04.jpeg

absolutely absolutely beautiful.

To the course today! No range time, no warmup, just right into the mix. They’ve got a tall mountain to climb though!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I've already got 3 of the locals wanting to meet up and hit these when they found out mine came in. Plastic isn't even off yet, damn vultures. Hahaha

Back