Mizuno MP-20 Irons

Feedback is really positive.

I thought all three from the lineup shared a similar profile which is a wonderful situation when it comes to blending.,
That’s what I’m seeing a lot on on YouTube. The distances and sound are all very close and work well for blending.

Looks like Mizuno has a real winner here.

That’s what I’m seeing a lot on on YouTube. The distances and sound are all very close and work well for blending.

Looks like Mizuno has a real winner here.
....they said after every release hahaha

Honestly, as much as I am excited about them, it kind of makes me want to find a cheap set of MP18 SC's.

Want want want. I need to swing my the golf store and see if they are in. These are at the top of my 2020 list.

Honestly, as much as I am excited about them, it kind of makes me want to find a cheap set of MP18 SC's.
No kidding. The only difference I see this year is that The HMB to the lineup may attract a handful of golfers that even felt the SCs were too much of a players iron for them and it gives even More blending options. I’ll be curious to see where we are in 3-4 months.

How was spin compared to CF19?

Little higher, which I need. I'm betting into my pro's it would be closer.

Just put my set into the hands of one of my HS'ers. Great clubs.

No kidding. The only difference I see this year is that The HMB to the lineup may attract a handful of golfers that even felt the SCs were too much of a players iron for them and it gives even More blending options. I’ll be curious to see where we are in 3-4 months.
I do think the MCC's were improved. Wasn't a big fan of their last offering.

These MCC's sound/feel exponentially better. Not close IMO.

No doubt. Of course I could not hit any of the 18s since I was a lefty but a handful of people I play with that own newer mizunos went with the JPX Tour over the SCs. The MMCs are now a players iron that at least at first glance do not overlap the JPX tours.

Want want want. I need to swing my the golf store and see if they are in. These are at the top of my 2020 list.
I don’t think they will available in stores until the 20th. At least that is what I was told at the local PGA Superstore.

I don’t think they will available in stores until the 20th. At least that is what I was told at the local PGA Superstore.
Correct. Retails stores get them on the 20th.

No doubt. Of course I could not hit any of the 18s since I was a lefty but a handful of people I play with that own newer mizunos went with the JPX Tour over the SCs. The MMCs are now a players iron that at least at first glance do not overlap the JPX tours.
it's also because the latest JPX irons were AWESOME.

Mizuno has a LOT of iron offerings, but that's a great thing in my books.

It is interesting how they have always gotten a pass on that, but I agree that to me choices are good as long as inventory is managed.

It is interesting how they have always gotten a pass on that, but I agree that to me choices are good as long as inventory is managed.
maybe it's more of a release thing..

We are releasing irons today... A LOT of them.. Instead of three unique releases for the same basic thing haha

Or maybe an axes need to get grinded haha

What is it, 7 current offerings? Where I begin to be a little confused is the Hot Metal Pros and the Hot Metal Blades. These two seem to target the same player, but perhaps I am mistaken.

Never really thought of it but you and @Canadan are right - 6 sets of current irons out right now between the MP20 series and the JPX919 series and they don’t even offer an ultra premium line.

Never really thought of it but you and @Canadan are right - 6 sets of current irons out right now between the MP20 series and the JPX919 series and they don’t even offer an ultra premium line.

7 actually.
3 MP20
4 JPX (forged, tour, hot metal, hot metal pro)

technically 7, right?

As long as the EZ's are dead and buried, I'm good with whatever, hahahaha

What is it, 7 current offerings? Where I begin to be a little confused is the Hot Metal Pros and the Hot Metal Blades. These two seem to target the same player, but perhaps I am mistaken.
The Hot Metals JPX series is very much a Game improvement iron. The HMB is more like the Titelist TMB - still very much a players iron, but with a significant amount of technology that makes them more forgiving easier to hit than a MB, but still gives you that Blade-like profile.

Yeah, I don't love the name blend honestly, but I think it makes sense.

Different collection, same tech(ish). I definitely don't think they align to the same golfer though.

I think it is 7:
JPX 919 Tour
JPX 919 Forged
JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro
JPX 919 Hot Metal
And then 3 new MP 20 offerings.

Wow I didn't realize they had that many options at once. Obviously I'm wrong or they wouldn't do it but it doesn't seem like each model would sell enough to warrant that many models.

technically 7, right?
MP, MMC, HMB, Tour, Forged and Hot Metal. What am I missing? The SEL is just a LH version of the MP/HMB combo set

Back