If I can MB. So Can You
5fd4171ae078b156fce39c03dd854ee1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Strike Pattern

If I can MB. So Can You

MP to MB...Nice transition and very little scarring

The MP-20's MB are Muscle backs on Steroids. Hitting the ball Too Far.

Need to Adjust my distances for the added Length.

Transition to the HMB in the long Irons requires no Loft Adjustment. Everything plays smoothly and well as a well made Iron Set should.

Hit a Green with the HMB 2 iron. 220 yards. Ball stopped 2 feet from the Divot.

Mizuno is On FIRE!

Reactions: J4U
Strike Pattern

If I can MB. So Can You

How’s your journey to scratch going? Stepping up to blades I’m assuming you’re making progress...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s your journey to scratch going? Stepping up to blades I’m assuming you’re making progress...

Handicap is stuck at 10.

But the overall game is getting more consistent.

Focused on short game and putting. So eventually the scores starts dropping out of nowhere.

But it's the years of slow and small steps. For each and every point on the Handicap scale.

Had another great range session with the MMC tonight. After a few sessions really getting these new distances dialed in. The ball just really explodes off the face when it’s well struck. The s300 105 is a great pairing here that makes even the 4 iron land so softly. Finally going to get my first rounds in with them on Sunday.

We had Mizuno fitting at my club last weekend. I've been playing my trusty MP-29's again lately that I've had for about 20 years....still love them. So, I was really excited to hit the MP-20's. They were exactly what I was hoping they would be...ordered 3-PW in MP-20 mb's and a 2 iron in HMB plus 50, 54, and 58 degree T20 wedges. The T20 wedges are really nice as well and blend perfectly with MP-20's. They looked much better to me in person than in pictures and feel great.

The fitter put me in Dynamic Gold shafts...same as I have in my MP-29's. It was nice getting validation I've been playing the best shaft for my swing for all these years. I've played those shafts since my MP Grads and then MP-14's back in the mid 90's.

went to club champion and ended up in the MMC's. we discussed either MMC's through the bag or a blended set of 4-6 MMC, 7 - P blades. After hitting my clubs, I hit the MMC only twice and the fitter goes ok thats perfect we'll come back to that! From the first swing I knew right away id end up in these. Its been 10 years since ive actually hit a Mizuno iron and WOW do these blow away any iron out there

ended up hitting another 6 iron heads out of curiosity but the MMC's were far and away the best feel and results

View attachment 8916156View attachment 8916157

I joined the club yesterday! So excited to bag these.. unfortunately I pulled a back muscle last week. Guess they'll stay clean in the back till I'm over this injury.
The Hollow Bodied HMB'S are incredible.

They actually play like Hybrids chassis while hidden inside a Blade.

Incredible Looks, design and Feel. In a sexy Chrome finish package.

Love all the attention the MP-20's are getting. They are really phenomenal clubs. I been stuck inside due to weather and haven't been able to get mine out on the course in a couple of weeks and it's killing me. On the bright side they are almost as beautiful to look at in the corner as they are to hit.

I need to put these up against my MP-18 MMC’s

My two favorite threads are the recoil thread and the mp18 mmc thread.

I probably really only need help with the 5 iron, but why not get some new shiny mizzy goodness?

My beef with the fli-hi was they launched 2* lower than the same loft mmc. If the hmb fixes this I will be on cloud 9.

My 5-iron plays 165-175. I am confident with 5 on a tee, but I hit some thin/push shots off the ground. 6 is very confident.

I’m right on the border of 95 mph at 97 avg. If the hmb spins a little less than the mmc I should improve. Sometimes I over spin the mmc with recoil a touch.

current is mp18 mmc 5-PW, 54/60 vokeys with recoil 95

My chipping and putting have my hcp lower than my ball striking warrants. I need a little more forgiveness.

Last edited:
Played my first round with them and they are GREAT. They look great at address and provide feedback on mishits - especially coming from more game improvement clubs (Callaway Rogues). One thing I need to get used to is the less offset. The rogues had much more offset so I had some directional issues, but that was my swing not the club!

pulled the trigger on 4- Pw MMC's. I loved hitting the MB's and they felt incredible, but combo sets for me always seemed to have too big of a gap even when lofts were adjusted...

And honestly the MMC's felt just as good and definitely better than my current irons. I couldn't be happier for my first set of Mizuno irons! hopefully April comes around fast this year

My two favorite threads are the recoil thread and the mp18 mmc thread.
Now I have mp20 hmb on order with recoil 95s. I went 5-pw and 52,58.
I probably really only need help with the 5 iron, but why not get some new shiny mizzy goodness. My beef with the fli-hi was they launched 2* lower than the same loft mmc. If the hmb fixes this I will be on cloud 9. My 5-iron plays 165-175. I am confident with 5 on a tee, but I hit some thin/push shots off the ground. 6 is very confident. I have an 816 h1 25* but it plays more in the 4 iron spot for me and I’m not going 27* hybrid. I stayed with f3 in the recoils. I’m right on the border of 95 mph at 97 avg. If the hmb spins a little less than the mmc I should improve. Sometimes I over spin the mmc with recoil a touch.

current is mp18 mmc 5-PW, 54/60 vokeys with recoil 95

My chipping and putting have my hcp lower than my ball striking warrants. I need a little more forgiveness.

Please share how you like the mp20’s vs mp18 mmc. I currently game the 18mmc and have been looking to make the switch too but not sure if I can justify the change..

Fed ex has notified me a shipment from Hamilton mill is arriving Friday ...

And my blended set has been returned. Something just did not click with me for these and frankly I have too many iron sets as is. The 3 head combo set really didnt quite work for me. Also a bit let down with the build from mizuno after they nailed my 919 tours.

I think without a doubt the MMC is my favorite iron in the lineup. If I decide for whatever reason to actually play a set I'll go down the route of MMC 4-P.

And my blended set has been returned. Something just did not click with me for these and frankly I have too many iron sets as is. The 3 head combo set really didnt quite work for me. Also a bit let down with the build from mizuno after they nailed my 919 tours.

I think without a doubt the MMC is my favorite iron in the lineup. If I decide for whatever reason to actually play a set I'll go down the route of MMC 4-P.
You're not alone. I wanted to like them but every shot resulted in a clank or thud. The JPX's are far better. I went to G410s myself. Before everyone flames me, it's possible the MP HMBs are not bad clubs, just not for me, and they were very frustrating even in practice.

I’m not going to get a range session. Headed to the course in a few. I hadn’t really looked at the t20s much yet, but the 52/58 shapes seem better than my vokey6 to my eye. They look easier to hit.

Last edited:
Ok - Took some getting used to. 46-38.

t20s 52/58 are finicky and beautiful. I am not sure I will stick with them. Had a couple stone dead par saves with the 52. Sort of Miss my 60 on the 50 yard pitches. Missed from 56, 52, and 59. Vokey k grind 60 player here.

need to check sw. They might be light.

Last edited:
Recently picked up a set of Callaway X Forged irons and have been hitting them back to back with my MP20 MMC's on my SkyTrak. Same shafts in both sets of irons as well as lofts (I have my own bender). Without a doubt the MP20's are softer and better feeling. I get the same performance out of both sets of irons though but the MP20's just feel better. I could play either set of irons (and will) but given the choice I know which set I'd choose if I had to pick one.

Got in a few more rounds with these bad boys and have really been liking the results. The turf interaction has been really good. I have a tendency to get a little steep at times and don't find that these dig any more (maybe less) than the GI irons I was playing before which is a big deal for me. I love the ball flight I'm getting, too. It's a bit lower than before which I need, and the distance control is superb. If I hit it well I know exactly how far it's going, no semblance of a 'hot spot' here. Mishits (hey, they happen) haven't been too punishing for such a compact profile, have found that they hold their line really well, just fly a bit short.

The T20 58 is a disappointment. I have the 12 degree bounce model. My 60 is an sm6 k grind. I find the sole too cupped or curved, the camber is fine. The 52 is just fine. So, it may clear up for me. I like to play wedges square and like the f grind 48 and 54.

Last edited:
Back