Mizuno MP-63 Irons

johnnymo:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

That was incredibly insightful. I really do like the Mizuno MP 63s. I am kind of between them and the Nike VR Pro Combos now.
I can't wait to see how they perform when I get a chance to test them out!! Thanks again,

BulldogsGolf

Glad I could help bulldogs but one thing I really should have prefaced that link was, try them before you buy them and get fit. The 63s, in my opinion, are a great set of sticks but require you to be on top of your game if you want to score well just like any other players cb. If my budget was not so tight and I was able to play and practice as much as I want to I would most be looking very closely at the 63s among a few other clubs.

Ik and I plan on trying out many different sets of clubs before deciding. I play quite a bit during the summer, maybe 4x a week or more. I plan on joining the NENY JPGA this summer. Playing so much last summer dropped my scoring from about 96 on 18 to around 84 on 18...woot woot

Ik and I plan on trying out many different sets of clubs before deciding. I play quite a bit during the summer, maybe 4x a week or more. I plan on joining the NENY JPGA this summer. Playing so much last summer dropped my scoring from about 96 on 18 to around 84 on 18...woot woot

Definately try the Bridgestone line. I prefer them over the mizzies

Wow, talk about serendipity. I'm so glad this popped up to the front page today. I cruised though Golf Galaxy the other day after ogling these irons on the internet. I didn't have time to hit the MP-63, but just holding them in my hand and half-swinging on the floor gave me thoughts that would make my credit card company happy. I think they look great. Maybe I'll start a swear jar, and see how much cash I have at the end of the summer!

Definately try the Bridgestone line. I prefer them over the mizzies

Where I am located trying to hit anything from the bridgestone line is nearly impossible. Most of the Bridgestones I have ever hit have been in other people's bags. I really wish that they would start establishing a larger presence in the big box stores because I too agree that they are great clubs.

With that said personally I found the 63s to be an upgrade in all categories to my J36s. If money grew on trees I would look into snagging a set of them with px 6.0s and probably would be happy for a very long time. As it stands now though I am still very pleased with my J36 irons both from a playability perspective and also for the cool factor of playing a set that only 499 other people in the world can claim to bag.

If you like the 63s you'll probably like the vr tw blades.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Where I am located trying to hit anything from the bridgestone line is nearly impossible.
Amen to that. The only place that I've found that has them is golfsmith, but the nearest golfsmith to me is in New Jersey. 3 hours away....

Where I am located trying to hit anything from the bridgestone line is nearly impossible.
Amen to that. The only place that I've found that has them is golfsmith, but the nearest golfsmith to me is in New Jersey. 3 hours away....

I talked to a Bridgestone rep through their fitting system on their website. They gave me the same names of places that I could find from the search on their site. All the places within 45 minutes of me basically carry only their line of balls. The one place that has their equipment was a local course that only had a couple of the J36 hybrids. The salesman was really nice though and offered to let me hit his clubs right out of his bag.

One thing I found really interesting is that he said that their Bridgestone rep only had 5 demo sets for the year and they could not get their hands on any for much of the year. I know that the market that the majority of their clubs are suited for is relatively small but I was pretty surprised at their scarcity in this region.

Guys lets keep this one about the MP-63 irons. We have threads on Bridgestone gear too.

Great write up Johnnymo.. I'm definitely going to put these on the "to hit" list.

Guys, just got my NEW Mizuno MP 63s from Mizuno-USA through local Nevada Bob's.

i went through the swing DNA fitting with Mizuno MP 63 6-iron:

Swing 1- 88 6 5 5 6
Swing 2- 88 6 5 6 7
Swing 3- 88 6 5 5 6

After fitting, KBS C-Taper S, - 1/4 inch length, 2* upright (lie), 1* strong (loft), D4 swing-weight my 6-iron Trackman numbers were:

90mph club speed, 17.8* launch, 125mph ball speed, spin rate 5600, carry distance 189.

Based on the numbers I'm EXTREMELY happy with this setup. Anyone else played this setup or similar??

These clubs look and feel phenomenal!!! This is my 4th set of Mizuno irons over the past 20 years...

Looking forward to your thoughts on the setup Fourwiggle.

For 2016-2017 I played a set of MP63. In 2018 I bought a set of Ping G700 and played that model for most of 2018 and all of 2019.
For 2020 I plan to play the MP63 set, mostly because distance control is more consistent

Back