Mizuno MP18 MMC and MMC FLI Hi Irons Review Thread

Same.

But, these have me closer than ever.

More than that, I can't get over how freaking perfectly the models (Fli-Hi, MMC, SC, MB) all blend stylistically and in hand. No one has done that better than these IMO. No one.

I can't think of one in this type of profile. I think Cleveland did a good job with the 588 lines back in the day, but those lines were a bit thicker. Being able to blend in a hollow body construction but keep it smaller and a more seamless transition is well done on their side. If it weren't for that part of the line, I would think the 2nd iteration of the TM TP line, but again missing that 4th element.

I can't think of one in this type of profile. I think Cleveland did a good job with the 588 lines back in the day, but those lines were a bit thicker. Being able to blend in a hollow body construction but keep it smaller and a more seamless transition is well done on their side. If it weren't for that part of the line, I would think the 2nd iteration of the TM TP line, but again missing that 4th element.

Yep, the TP would be closest, but the Fli-Hi profile is just so different (and kick ass).

5 Fli-Hi.

211 yards.

2 feet.

Beautifully struck little draw, dropped and stopped.

How has the transition in feel been from the MMC to the SC in the irons for those that have hit both or have a mixed set with both?

also...is everyone using the same shaft in their Fli Hi as they are in their irons?

How has the transition in feel been from the MMC to the SC in the irons for those that have hit both or have a mixed set with both?

also...is everyone using the same shaft in their Fli Hi as they are in their irons?

Having hit the MMC's now, of the Fli-Hi, MMC, and SC, they are the odd-balls. They don't feel bad by any means, very much in line with the CF16 for me, but the other two just flat out feel better.

I'm playing the same shaft in mine Modus 120S

Having hit the MMC's now, of the Fli-Hi, MMC, and SC, they are the odd-balls. They don't feel bad by any means, very much in line with the CF16 for me, but the other two just flat out feel better.

I'm playing the same shaft in mine Modus 120S
Did you choose the SC's over the MMC purely on feel or did they produce better numbers for you as well?...or was it a wash and you chose feel over potential forgiveness? Did the MMC excel at any category?

I have the mmc in pw-7 and the 6-5 in fli hi and would make someone a scary good deal. They have recoils, I will out them in the marketplace when I get back Friday. PM me for details if interested. Maybe 6 rounds on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you choose the SC's over the MMC purely on feel or did they produce better numbers for you as well?...or was it a wash and you chose feel over potential forgiveness? Did the MMC excel at any category?
More than anything, because the SC looks better to me, not kidding at all there. But, the other factor was that I don't need the extra forgiveness from 7i to PW which is where they would be, since I went Fli-Hi in the 5 and 6. I thought the MMC were really solid when I got to hit them, but without being on monitor the flight, distance, and forgiveness were pretty spot on each other in the 7 to pitch.

Hi, me again, raving about the Fli-Hi.

Best long irons I have hit in a long time. Took my CF16, V6, i200, and Steelhead 6i's out yesterday and hit them next to the Fli-Hi 6. Only the Steelhead matched it in height and distance, but the Fli-Hi feels about 1,000,000 times better than the Steelhead.

Hi, me again, raving about the Fli-Hi.

Best long irons I have hit in a long time. Took my CF16, V6, i200, and Steelhead 6i's out yesterday and hit them next to the Fli-Hi 6. Only the Steelhead matched it in height and distance, but the Fli-Hi feels about 1,000,000 times better than the Steelhead.

Not shocked by the Steelhead winning in height and distance, but the difference in profile there is just crazy to think about.

Not shocked by the Steelhead winning in height and distance, but the difference in profile there is just crazy to think about.
Oh it didn't win, it was a tie. That shocked me even more.

You guys need to stop talking before I land in ponder mode....

You guys need to stop talking before I land in ponder mode....

Rallo this is flight control, you have permission to land.

Well fock...

I see you guys compared the MMC to the CF16s... what about the FliHi vs the cf16 long irons in terms of looks and performance?

Also do you think there would be a tangible benefit to gaming SC in the scoring irons vs the MMC, for a guy who likes to keep his 8-PW relatively low?(but doesn't want to go MB)

Hello range.

6a5cff32ecb27bcc6393f6298c029b01.jpg

Yeah! I smell gamers!

Yeah! I smell gamers!

they very well could be. I hit my numbers with them, and I get some increase in spin which helps me in that department. But I will say, there is a good stretch here before I am golfing consistently again, so who knows what will go down during that perioud. But I do enjoy these more than the 900 combo set I have.

Is there any feel loss with the MMC vs other forged clubs you have tried?

The MMC feel a bit different than the others in the group, but that is to be expected based on the inclusion of the tungsten and titanium. They are a still forged clubhead, but have a slightly different feel. Coming from the JPX 900 Forged, the feel is improved IMO. I credit that to these going back to a familiar material instead of playing around with Boron. Do you have any specific clubs in mind to compare feel wise?

I had a small demo outdoors recently with the MMC and 565 7 irons (?). I thought they were in the ballpark of each other for feel, fairly comparable. Didn't perceive anything either way that had one wowing me over the other.

I've tried to fight this I guess because I am loyal to another brand. But man these are good looking clubs. I am saving up the funds to buy something after the holidays and these will be struck for sure. Too sweet to ignore.

So, I have a 22* CLK I need to try, but I also REALLY want a 4 Fli-Hi...

So, I have a 22* CLK I need to try, but I also REALLY want a 4 Fli-Hi...

I hit some bullets with that 4i yesterday. IF these go in the bag for a season, I'm getting a 5 and 6 FLI HI

I hit some bullets with that 4i yesterday. IF these go in the bag for a season, I'm getting a 5 and 6 FLI HI

The 5 and 6 are perfection.

Back