Mizuno MX 15 T-Zoid Irons

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I was in the store last night and saw these in the pre-owned section. They are stiff graphite shafts. I was hitting them pretty good and on the simulator the backspin was averaging just over 7,000 with an 8 iron. I was hitting it about 10 yars shorter than normal but the ball woldland and stop on a dime. The most it rolled out was 1 yard. I thought this was a malfunctioning simulator so I tried another one and had the same results. So I had to buy anything I hit that well in the golf store, right :)

Well I did grab them because the entire set (3 - PW) was only $75.00 and they had brand new Lamkin grips on them. The store had just installed the grips because the others were in very bad shape. The graphite shafts didnt have any blimeshes or scuff marks. The clubs had never been hit. I came home and tried to do some research on the "net" and found very little on these clubs. Anyone ever played these? Know anything about them?

I did find they were released in 2003 or so, so they have some age on them but for the price I think what the heck. Will hopefully get out today to give them a go on the course.

I know a few people who played those irons and they did them very well. One guy still plays them through R9s and AP2s. Good luck!

I was in the store last night and saw these in the pre-owned section. They are stiff graphite shafts. I was hitting them pretty good and on the simulator the backspin was averaging just over 7,000 with an 8 iron. I was hitting it about 10 yars shorter than normal but the ball woldland and stop on a dime. The most it rolled out was 1 yard. I thought this was a malfunctioning simulator so I tried another one and had the same results. So I had to buy anything I hit that well in the golf store, right :)

Well I did grab them because the entire set (3 - PW) was only $75.00 and they had brand new Lamkin grips on them. The store had just installed the grips because the others were in very bad shape. The graphite shafts didnt have any blimeshes or scuff marks. The clubs had never been hit. I came home and tried to do some research on the "net" and found very little on these clubs. Anyone ever played these? Know anything about them?

I did find they were released in 2003 or so, so they have some age on them but for the price I think what the heck. Will hopefully get out today to give them a go on the course.

I honestly know very little about them SMG. Sounds like a steal though. Man, I love the pre owned section at PGA SS. You can find some awesome deals there.

I still play the MX-20 which was a similar club. They have great feel, and to me, the club heads haven't changed THAT much where if you can find something that you like and it works, go for it, especially if you can get a set with new grips for 75 when the grips would set you back half of that anyway! Nice going!

I don't know anything about the MX15, I did game the MX23's for 4 years and really liked them. I am like you, for $75 those puppies would have gone home with me too. Nice find and it sounds like you will be throwing some darts into some greens with them..

Played with these today and have to say I really like them, but I cant remember ever disliking a golf club. hehe. I did game them and pulled one out my 9 iron for a 120 yard secord shot to the pin and just nailed it. I hit it exactly 120 and it checked up but ran about 3 feet from the hole. I had some other good shots with these so I must say I am impressed. The feel is great and I could really tell when I hit a bad shot. I was telling my buddy about this deal and he just amazed at the find and when he actually saw the sticks he was blown away.

Thanks for the input folks. These sticks are definetly keepers. I may be gaming these again tomorrow also and will keep you posted.

SMG

Nice find!

Got out with these again today for a quick round. I was able to hit the 5 iron well and that has not always been the case. Still feeling good. I typically play a regular flex shaft but have not had any issues with the graphite stiff flex on these. These have less offset than my PINGS so maybe that is why I hit them well. Not sure and I dont need the answer to that, I just hope I continue to hit them like this. I like them more after each round and still cant believe they are 7 or 8 years old. Well, I need to game the PINGS for a while so they dont get too jealous. hehe

I used to have a set of MX-15s with R300 steel shafts and I loved them. They were so easy to hit, so forgiving, the made the ball launch high but still gave really good distances.
I ended up giving them to my dad when I bought a set of MP-32s and I wish I would have kept them. He still uses them and absolutely loves them!

Great find, glad they are working for you. Don't let the Pings get to sad LOL

Back