Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
When a company like Mizuno Golf decides to use the tag line “History in the Making” for their newest MP iron designs, it goes without saying that the golfing world collectively stops to pay attention. 

For those unaware, MP has and always will stand for “Mizuno Pro”. For whatever reason, stateside we seem to either overlook that fact or just not know it at all. Perhaps part of that is the changes that typically take place from an engraving perspective when the previous models have made it here, you see, overseas they have maintained the “Mizuno Pro” script on the irons while here that has typically been absent come U.S. release time. 

Well, that changes with the new Mizuno Pro 221, 223, and 225 iron releases. However, that most definitely isn’t the only thing changing. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!!! Nicely done @Jman . Tons of good info there.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these and I can't wait for more THP'ers to get their hands on them. Some really awesome stuff they've done here and options for a good range of players.

The 225 pretty much sell themselves because of how they look, but I've said already that some people will love the 223. This is so exciting!!!!

.. and I have to go to work. 😭

Nice job on the article. Is it bad that I want all 3? The changes in the 223 and 225 sound super interesting. Like to the point that I need to go find and hit these ASAP.

I have been waiting for this one. Thanks @Jman

• Staff
Yes!!! Nicely done @Jman . Tons of good info there.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for these and I can't wait for more THP'ers to get their hands on them. Some really awesome stuff they've done here and options for a good range of players.

The 225 pretty much sell themselves because of how they look, but I've said already that some people will love the 223. This is so exciting!!!!

.. and I have to go to work. 😭
I’m really happy I decided to go all 223’s to be honest. Could be the best of all worlds.

Nice article James. I love the tech involved in all three lines. I think as Americans, we typically get used to acronyms and forget what they actually mean. I love the scripting, and I also love the idea that you can have a "Pro" line with more than just the low/scratch golfer in mind. I'm curious if you guys were able to talk about blended sets, and what the guys at Mizuno recommended with where to spit, and what sets to split with.

• Staff
Nice article James. I love the tech involved in all three lines. I think as Americans, we typically get used to acronyms and forget what they actually mean. I love the scripting, and I also love the idea that you can have a "Pro" line with more than just the low/scratch golfer in mind. I'm curious if you guys were able to talk about blended sets, and what the guys at Mizuno recommended with where to spit, and what sets to split with.
I didn’t put it into the piece, but blending is 100% on the table when it comes to these lines. They can be split pretty much anywhere you want.

I’m really happy I decided to go all 223’s to be honest. Could be the best of all worlds.
I am too. They are really something. Speed, feel, forgiveness, and a real full/true progression from top to bottom. Just a lot of thought and effort put into them.

Thanks, @Jman ! Just sitting here drooling over these beautiful creations. I'd like a set of each but will have to narrow it down to one or a combo. Fun times!

Thank you for the excellent writeup, @Jman

Looking forward to the blended setup of FliHi 4, 225 5-6i, 223 7-PW with 1degree weak in 6i. I did get a 225 7i just in case the 223 7i was too much for me.

I got to hit the fli hi the other day. Oh my goodness. When @Jman talks about speed.. it is there.. in spades.

Plus the feel and sound are impeccable. There is zero hollow clacky clanky sound. It sounds and feels solid and very responsive.

Last edited:
Great write up my man. Always informative. For me:

9-PW 221
7-9 223
6 225

What a write-up!

I appreciate it, and yet hate it because I feel like the 223's are screaming, but then I also love it because the 221's are screaming.

Wowowoowow i cannot wait.

I got to hit the fli hi the other day. I oh my goodness. When @Jman talks about speed.. it is there.. in spades.

Plus the feel and sound are impeccable. There is zero hollow clacky clanky sound. It sounds and feels solid and very responsive.
The sound aspect makes me most excited.

The sound aspect makes me most excited.
Geez ... y'all are killing me with these sound/feel superlatives. WANT. NEED. GOTTA HAVE. WILL HAVE.

I am really really excited to hear what @Jman thinks of the 223s as they compare to the T100s's. Which I know he likes and I think it will make a great comparison.

Geez ... y'all are killing me with these sound/feel superlatives. WANT. NEED. GOTTA HAVE. WILL HAVE.
I’ve never hit a Mizuno iron where they got the sound wrong. Ever.

Only company I can say that about that isn’t super boutique.

I’ve never hit a Mizuno iron where they got the sound wrong. Ever.

Only company I can say that about that isn’t super boutique.
Amen to that! Ready to add some new ones to my Mizuno inventory.

Wow!!! Looks like I'm buy new irons! They look great! And will have that Mizuno feel that nobody can replicate.

Great write up !! These things look fantastic and I really like the looks of the 223's but I just can't justify spending that much on a set of irons. Maybe Santa will make an unexpected delivery?

Great writeup @Jman ! Mizuno releases always gets me excited!! I'm loving the looks of these.

I didnt order them this way because I want to hit them stock and see how they play out. But I am almost 100% certain I am bending my 7-PW 221 1 to 2 degrees strong.

These look great. 223 with ultimate player look with tons of tech sounds really good. I will say that I am intrigued with the 225 as well though.

Back