Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

Your post made me do a search, there is a youtube video suggesting they all come in lefty this time around. Looks like (from the outside, more mass in the center of each model, with it coming away from the 'muscle' edges (left and right). Yet another clean looking set of clubs.

Picked up a Certified Used 21.5* 225 Fli-Hi in a Regular Flex Shaft.
Thought this might be a good fit after my 923HL 5i.
Seem to be hitting irons better now, so let's see what I get.
So I got this club on Saturday afternoon and right into the bag it went, replacing a 5h.
Came to the 5th hole and said, "Let's see what this can do":
1692102688644.png

Put the prettiest draw ball flight you'd ever what to see and turned it right over the the hump in the green.
Pretty guts going over water and sand traps I think.
I really flushed it.
I also hit it off the fairway with some moderate success.
I think it's too upright for me and think of moving to 2* Flatter to get rid of the hook it has.
The Black RDX in Reg Flex feels fine. Think it's going to find a spot in my bag between an incoming 5i and 3h.

The Fli-Hi may just save my season. I have been struggling off the tee something fierce lately- The last 3-4 rounds neither of my driver's have been cooperating and heaven forbid I put myself in a position where there is any sort of danger on either side of the fairway. Enter the 4 Fli-Hi- this thing has been an absolute game changer for me. Played in league last night, hit 3 of 3 fairways with it. Scramble this past weekend, I was the designated "put one in the fairway" guy- and sure enough this delivered (6 of 6) there.

While it's definitely not as long as either of my driver's when well struck, it's definitely nice to have a club that I feel confident I can find a fairway when one must be hit. 215-230 center cut makes a whole lot of difference than 275 and OB 🤣🤣. I may start looking at a 2 or 3 for strictly tee use 😁.

No big changes in the new line it seems. Just a continuation of the tech stories from the current on. More centered mass, more tungsten, thinner faces, etc.
The added tungsten in the 245 and the positioning of it is pretty big. Thinner face too. Core Tech face. Some weight moved in the 241. I like a bunch of the changes.

Screenshot_20230818_005241_Chrome.jpg

They look good. I like the new shaping on the back. I'm a sucker for a more wave like look.

Screenshot_20230818_005422_Chrome.jpg

Finish is nice too. Blades look clean. Soft but a couple good angles. 243 .. not the prettiest. Lol

Psyched I sold my Fli-Hi last week with the new info out now.

View attachment 9199491

They look good. I like the new shaping on the back. I'm a sucker for a more wave like look.

View attachment 9199492

Finish is nice too. Blades look clean. Soft but a couple good angles. 243 .. not the prettiest. Lol

Still 6 months until you can get the new fli-hi in hand though. Unless you're gonna pay extra to have one shipped from japan

Guys this thread is about the current lineup. If you would like to discuss a future one found in Japan, please start a new thread.

View attachment 9199491

View attachment 9199492

i agree the 243 seems like a bit of a step back. 245 looks really good.

The Fli-Hi may just save my season. I have been struggling off the tee something fierce lately- The last 3-4 rounds neither of my driver's have been cooperating and heaven forbid I put myself in a position where there is any sort of danger on either side of the fairway. Enter the 4 Fli-Hi- this thing has been an absolute game changer for me. Played in league last night, hit 3 of 3 fairways with it. Scramble this past weekend, I was the designated "put one in the fairway" guy- and sure enough this delivered (6 of 6) there.

While it's definitely not as long as either of my driver's when well struck, it's definitely nice to have a club that I feel confident I can find a fairway when one must be hit. 215-230 center cut makes a whole lot of difference than 275 and OB 🤣🤣. I may start looking at a 2 or 3 for strictly tee use 😁.
Buddy of mine was looking for a 5i for his Epic Forged Iron set and wanted to know if I still had mine.
Told him know however I have a 4 Fli-Hi that might fit that spot in your bag, so he came to pick it up to use tonight.
I'm sensing once he hits it, it might be a struggle to get it back.

I'm anxiously waiting for the 2024 version to come out as it looks like they made some improvements.
Could easily see a #3 Fli-Hi in my bag.

Last edited:
I need to hear more about the Fli-hi. I play a 2i utility currently and it's been good off the tee on occasion for me. But how does the Fli-hi do for everyone from a fairway lie on a long approach shot?

I need to hear more about the Fli-hi. I play a 2i utility currently and it's been good off the tee on occasion for me. But how does the Fli-hi do for everyone from a fairway lie on a long approach shot?

Ever since puttting one in the bag it’s been my go to on par 5’s or if I happen to shank a drive. Multiple instances of a long approach landing nice and soft on the green, or getting me close and allowing scoring opportunities.

Ever since puttting one in the bag it’s been my go to on par 5’s or if I happen to shank a drive. Multiple instances of a long approach landing nice and soft on the green, or getting me close and allowing scoring opportunities.

Thanks, that's what I really need, a go to club on par 5's that will advance the ball with decent distance and keep me out of trouble. Also let's me attack greens if they are within range.

Thanks, that's what I really need, a go to club on par 5's that will advance the ball with decent distance and keep me out of trouble. Also let's me attack greens if they are within range.
It’s been that club for me- I’ve pulled my 3w out in place of the 2nd driver and I’ve had absolutely no issues at all.

Ever since putting one in the bag it’s been my go to on par 5’s or if I happen to shank a drive. Multiple instances of a long approach landing nice and soft on the green, or getting me close and allowing scoring opportunities.

@gkeller813 I'd agree with what @jlew as stated here - I had no issues getting my #4 Fli-Hi to launch of the ground and was really reliable off the tee.
I'd also add that the feeling wasn't harsh at all - When you flush it, it's pretty soft.
When I had to be in the fairway, I went to the Fli-Hi.
Most places that sell used ones will give you at least a 30 day trial to see how it fits in the bag.

@gkeller813 I'd agree with what @jlew as stated here - I had no issues getting my #4 Fli-Hi to launch of the ground and was really reliable off the tee.
I'd also add that the feeling wasn't harsh at all - When you flush it, it's pretty soft.
When I had to be in the fairway, I went to the Fli-Hi.
Most places that sell used ones will give you at least a 30 day trial to see how it fits in the bag.
Thanks, appreciate the insight. I'm just beginning to look into options for the 3w spot in my bag, which has never been consistent. I read about the Fli-Hi when it first came out, but hadn't stayed up with it. Looking for something good off the tee, and for approaches as well, and this seems to be a good option.

Got my Pro 223's out for a quick 9... I had some ambivalence about them after a fitting that immediately cast out the HMP's before... And they came with modus 115's when I haven't really fit into anything above 105...but they are reeeaaallly good. I need more rounds with them to really get a feel but this initial go was satisfying...I do want something in the 6i spot but can't decide if I wanna stay with the Pro 223 or grab an HMP 6i...seems counterintuitive to what happened at my fitting but that was well over a year ago and I might be a hair better these days...

These are fantastic. But it could be the lessons paying off, too...

So, these are out there in the UK as a BF sale:IMG_1866.png

Back