Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
Taking a hint from JB here we go. There are photos circulating that make it seem that the following are the next gen MP irons - there are 3 types/models/variations and each has it's own differences within the set (maybe), seems the 223s do. If these are in fact them - what are your thoughts. Like the script? Hate it? Wonder why they release one thing in Asian markets and another in the US/Europe? Why is The Open the place that Mizuno unveils this stuff?

JB - and anyone else, please feel free to edit or change as you see fit.

1626200468746.png

1626200440609.png
1626200531090.png
1626200505248.png

Thanks to everyone who originally posted these shots in the other thread. I cannot take any credit for the images - just trying to move this so it's not buried inside another topic - which is what I assume JB was alluding to.

223 looks good minus the cursive badge. Not a fan of the looks of that. I think it takes away from how good that iron looks.

223 looks good minus the cursive badge. Not a fan of the looks of that. I think it takes away from how good that iron looks.

TOTALLY AGREE...........that font is terrible.

TOTALLY AGREE...........that font is terrible.
Cursive just doesn't work for me on badging. Same reason I can't get behind Ben Hogan branding. Makes it look dated, which to my eye makes it appear cheap.

I don't like the cursive as much as the old font, but change can often take a bit to get used to. Definitely want to see them in person, the 225.... oh baby.

I think you will see once these hit the US market that the Mizuno Pro will be replaced with Just MP.. Maybe not. I kinda dig the Mizuno Pro, but I can understand why it is not for some.

In Justin Rose bag as we speak..

1626201962342.png

I think you will see once these hit the US market that the Mizuno Pro will be replaced with Just MP.. Maybe not. I kinda dig the Mizuno Pro, but I can understand why it is not for some.

i like it too

I tend to think you’re right, i just don’t understand why have two sets of tooling for the same product. But i don’t know horses the different markets each view the differences, Asia may hate ‘MP’ and so it goes.

that 223 looks freaking GOOD. personally, i didn't think the 921t felt very good. i wonder where the 22 series will fall in its feel/sound. i'm not really in the market for anything new, but might need to hit the 223 when it comes out (assuming that's what we will see stateside).

I tend to think you’re right, i just don’t understand why have two sets of tooling for the same product. But i don’t know horses the different markets each view the differences, Asia may hate ‘MP’ and so it goes.

Simple milling on a finished product. Different strokes for different markets. Mizuno knows the Asian market and they need to maintain a standard there as well.

Simple milling on a finished product. Different strokes for different markets. Mizuno knows the Asian market and they need to maintain a standard there as well.
Believe me, I understand, I would also cater to what I know would sell. And having special tooling for only 2 lines - be it milling or stamping or whatever - if each has long uninterrupted productions isn't really a big deal at all - it's just another expense, if the product is popular it has almost impact on the bottom line (with each market having specific wants) I'd say it helps the bottom line - I guess I meant it's more quirky (to me) than anything else - if it worked for me and looked good at address (and was not obviously offensive), I would not care what the back or sole of clubs looked like - can't see it address - so who cares. Like Apple (I think) years ago, should the logo on the notebooks be up or down? closed it's upside down one way and open it's upside down the other way - not the same thing but similar (maybe).

Believe me, I understand, I would also cater to what I know would sell. And having special tooling for only 2 lines - be it milling or stamping or whatever - if each has long uninterrupted productions isn't really a big deal at all - it's just another expense, if the product is popular it has almost impact on the bottom line (with each market having specific wants) I'd say it helps the bottom line - I guess I meant it's more quirky (to me) than anything else - if it worked for me and looked good at address (and was not obviously offensive), I would not care what the back or sole of clubs looked like - can't see it address - so who cares. Like Apple (I think) years ago, should the logo on the notebooks be up or down? closed it's upside down one way and open it's upside down the other way - not the same thing but similar (maybe).

Honestly, I am surprised they change it for the US market. Golf in Japan is way more profitable than it is here.

:drool::drool: These look incredible!

I think they look fantastic minus the cursive badging.
I think it's cool - a nice little nod to the early Mizzy script.

I'm more of a new age look similar to what you're saying, but I do love the reference.

I think it's cool - a nice little nod to the early Mizzy script.

I'm more of a new age look similar to what you're saying, but I do love the reference.
I can get behind the reference for sure. :cool:

[Hiding my check card] :love:

The HMB was one of the most beautiful irons on the market and they took a dump on it with that writing.

Last edited:
the 221's and 225's are out of my league and playing abilities by looks alone. I like the look of the 223's.

I'm not a fan of the script.

the 221's and 225's are out of my league and playing abilities by looks alone. I like the look of the 223's.

I'm not a fan of the script.
I think the 225s might be the hollow body line for the higher handicap player like me which is pretty interesting. Love to see more profile shots of it.

They all look great to me! I really like the script - makes me think of earlier releases.

Back