Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

Still can't believe I played the MP-33's in the early 00's. Me? lol.
(y) I've long contended those are as easy to play as most any forged iron. Love them and still play them from time to time. There are days when I'm convinced I'd score better if I put them back in the bag full time.

(y) I've long contended those are as easy to play as most any forged iron. Love them and still play them from time to time. There are days when I'm convinced I'd score better if I put them back in the bag full time.

They did have a nice long heel to toe length for a blade - the sole reason I could play them from mid to short irons. That was in my Miura/Mizuno days when I had no idea what I was doing. Now I have an idea, just getting to do it is the issue.

Looks like Mizuno doing lefties a favor here. :)

The 223 is available 4-GW. They didn’t offer that in the 921 Forged, that SEL set was I believe 4-5 921 Forged then Tour blades.

Last edited:
I’ll be going straight 223 or a combo if it’s allowed, 221 in the PW…..

221/223 combo would be pretty sweet. If I had the game for it I'd go 221 up to 7 or 8.
My favorite iron setup ever was MP18 SC in 5-9 and MB in PW

Those 225s being a smaller footprint REALLY have my interest. They just sound fun....

As a Mizuno fanboy, this thread is killing me. Anticipation…

Can’t wait until we can share, learned all sorts of things at the Mizuno Experience

Those 225s being a smaller footprint REALLY have my interest. They just sound fun....
Right?! Considering what we already know about HMB of present... You have to get excited.

I am kinda really hoping for a 225-221 combo..

I am kinda really hoping for a 225-221 combo..
I actually spoke to the company about THPers sets just yesterday. It won't be a crazy long wait before we have to start considering specs haha

I actually spoke to the company about THPers sets just yesterday. It won't be a crazy long wait before we have to start considering specs haha

Well now.. that is exciting!!

Suffice it to say, I’m really really excited! Best news I’ve gotten in a very long time (outside of being selected for the experience in the first place).

not sure I’ve said it before, I love this place, how on earth did I not find it until Feb2021?

Looks as if Vosh will begin the intro of the new irons in 3 days, September 20:

Looks as if Vosh will begin the intro of the new irons in 3 days, September 20:

Haha.. I was just coming to post this.. tomorrow 1pm pacific.

Haha.. I was just coming to post this.. tomorrow 1pm pacific.

I've almost forgotten most of what Vosh said over 6 weeks ago so Mizuno is safe from me. I don't think he will reveal everything but I guess we are limited to his discussion in terms of postings. Once it goes into the public domain, it's fair game to discuss, but not beyond his discussion. I do too many non-competes and NDA's. :ROFLMAO:

I just saw this. How did I miss this!? :love:

Back