Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

I've had internal battles WAY too often on which ones I go with.

There's a fantastic argument for every single one.
I’m actually dealing with the same thing. Lots of internal battles right now, mind, ego, desire.

What is something that Chris said yesterday that stands out to people tech wise?

What is something that Chris said yesterday that stands out to people tech wise?

That the 223 is a powerful iron. Lots of tech packed in a small package. He said it much better than that but that is what I heard.

So much power in such a player’s profile with the 223

The thing that had me questioning everything is not what he said more that he seemed really excited/jazzed about the 223. Now, to be clear he seemed pretty excited about all of the equipment, just to me he seemed to really like the changes/upgrades in the 223 maybe that was in hope it changed over the MMC? I can’t say, just the talk was more electric, hence my quandary!

The thing that had me questioning everything is not what he said more that he seemed really excited/jazzed about the 223. Now, to be clear he seemed pretty excited about all of the equipment, just to me he seemed to really like the changes/upgrades in the 223 maybe that was in hope it changed over the MMC? I can’t say, just the talk was more electric, hence my quandary!

That's because they've improved the MMC playability the most. MMC was very temperamental and not speedy off the face - in fact, some guy next to me at the range with SS of 115 used those words as he was hitting the MMC the other day. I think Vosh seemed more excited because it was the weak sister of the MP20 line in terms of what they wanted.

As they say, play the most forgiving iron you love to look at...

I only care, correction, mostly care about looks at address. If the 223 and 225 both look great, then what the heck!

That the 223 are more similar in size to the their blades than ever before, but have the forgiveness of the middle iron from their other line. It couldn't help buit sound VERY recently familiar to me.

That the 223 are more similar in size to the their blades than ever before, but have the forgiveness of the middle iron from their other line. It couldn't help buit sound VERY recently familiar to me.
It's funny how you see the visual of the tech and immediately assume it's a bigger profile - yet arguably are not?

Wild. In.

cor in the 223 is crazy high for as small as the iron is

It's funny how you see the visual of the tech and immediately assume it's a bigger profile - yet arguably are not?

Wild. In.
If they shrank the 223 down as much as he says from the MMC, 'especially in the scoring irons' that's beyond appealing to me. The main reason I've never owned a set of Mizuno's has been blade length. I'm excited.

cor in the 223 is crazy high for as small as the iron is
Its an interesting conversation because many times, you hear with CT or COR numbers at high levels, consistency is lost. That would be the nature of many larger irons (internet argument). I think in general much of that is false as a way to promote smaller sizes (internally).

Its an interesting conversation because many times, you hear with CT or COR numbers at high levels, consistency is lost. That would be the nature of many larger irons (internet argument). I think in general much of that is false as a way to promote smaller sizes (internally).

Those are buzzwords for sure and it is hard to extrapolate real meaning at times. But, hearing that for example the Fli Hi is as fast off the face as their fairway woods is interesting and potentially awesome.

If the 223 is power and grace so to speak that is awesome. But does create a bit of a question as to why the 225 would exist. I am getting a little blurry as to what the differentiators are between 225 and 223 other than looks.

iirc he said it's higher than 921 forged, but i may have misunderstood

That would be phenomenal.

My only reservation at all is that when they switch the face from Chromoly to 1025E, that I lose some pop in the HMB in the 9-PW. I think the smaller blade and whatever new tech magic they integrate into the faces will help solve that issue (as well as the tweaked stronger lofts in the shorter irons).

As my good friend Templeton said so well

“I am getting a little blurry as to what the differentiators are between 225 and 223 other than looks.”

this is exactly my problem.

then as desi posted, pop in the 9-pw, this may not be too problematic, at least in the pw as i seldom full swing that one. Matthew a loft tweak

there i go Morgan cupping again!

Back