Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Mizuno Golf struck gold with their re-entry into premium milled putters in 2020 when they introduced two blade models as well as a mid-mallet. With 2021, they have decided it was time to round out that lineup, literally and figuratively, by bringing in three more models which would appeal to the non-blade users.  Let’s take a detailed look with this Mizuno Putter Review.

Mizuno-M.CRAFT-V-Putter-1.jpg

THP was able to get the new M.CRAFT V, a “deep mallet” as Mizuno calls it, in-hand for a thorough workout. Read on for more!

Quick Take

Premium. There is truly no better word than premium to describe the M.CRAFT V...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write up @Jman . Some fantastic additional to the putter lineup from Mizuno that stans out from the crowd with that fantastic blue finish, and is, at least in my opinion, at a great price point.

Great review @Jman ....beautiful looking putter.

Great review James. The V is such a good looking putter and would certainly be my choice out of their current lineup.

Enjoyed that review. Sharp looking lineup, for sure!

That's a cracking review, and such a beautiful putter

Fantastic writing. The V really is a good looking putter, I like how all of its lines are very clean and uncomplicated... distilled down to just the metal you need and none that you don't. To me it is one of the best looking examples of a "fastback" style mallet.

I've been enjoying my V since it arrived last Friday... I think I've easily hit 100 putts per day without trying just because its fun to use and look at. The LGS has ordered a IV for me in blue that I will take a looky-lou at when it comes in.

That is a good looking putter.

Is this your 2021 putter @Jman?

Love the looks of these putters, but have never myself been completely comfortable with solid milled putters always feel too fast off the face for my liking but with that said they’re extremely nice looking putters that are priced well for the category they are in especially so with no up charge weight kits.

Another good write up, thanks. I'm still waiting for my VI to show up, getting it in that incredible blue finish. There really is something in the M-Craft lineup for just about everyone, and I think you will be seeing more and more of them out in the wild in pretty short order.

Very good review, Jman. I am someone who is better off with more toe hang so with that in mind along with the shape and color of the blue, this one is really appealing.

The blue looks really good!!!! Nice price point also.

Great write up and a beautiful looking putter. I would really like that if it came in a face balanced option.

Jman, what would you ballpark the toe hang becomes with the 13g in the heel and 3g in the toe?

Fantastic review James. In my opinion there isn't a better milled putter out there for the price. The blue finish is so so good and the shape of the V is literally perfection.

These have been on my list since we first saw pictures, they look fantastic. I would definitely give the V a go. That is a very beautiful putter in the Mizuno blue

James you are making give these a hard look as putter option for the season.

Jman, what would you ballpark the toe hang becomes with the 13g in the heel and 3g in the toe?

I'll leave the 13-3 answer for James, however, I wanted to know what the stock 8g-8g setup was compared to some of my blade putters. Stock weights, the V is right at 45* toe hang.

I'll leave the 13-3 answer for James, however, I wanted to know what the stock 8g-8g setup was compared to some of my blade putters. Stock weights, the V is right at 45* toe hang.
I may just have to take a trip to the store this evening and check that out myself., but if I could save a drive the family may appreciate it. I still love the look of these....

Visually it doesn’t change it much if at all when checking for hang in the standard ways. In the stroke though I’ve got no problem saying it’s noticeable. Not life changing in its difference, but a noticeable tuning tweak.

James you are making give these a hard look as putter option for the season.
They’re astounding. And I say that as the staff resident putter geek.

These are fun putters. Great write up, you can hear the excitement in it..

Back