Man, I adore the headcover. But peopleā€™s hate of Velcro always makes me laugh. ;)

In terms of forgiveness, a one piece milled mid mallet is never going to offer what a full mallet does, ya know? But Iā€™m also in the camp that people donā€™t typically ā€œmissā€ with a putter as much as we think we do.

Looking forward to continued thoughts.

haha I just like the magnets. Not really a make or break thing. The Velcro always gets dirt or sand or something caught up in it or it starts to fray and get that weirdold tennis ball vibe.

ya I know the forgiveness isnot going to be like a full mallet. But I feel like itā€™s marginal compared to my Byron which is a very bladed putter haha (his bombora style from a few years ago).

still a great putter though and like you said, I donā€™t typically miss my putter enough to have the forgiveness thing matter. I miss more due to alignment/face path than Because I hit the toe or heel haha.

Photos look great, thanks.

My VI is supposed to show up this week, so I should have it out on the course soon. As to the velcro closure on the head cover, I'm with you, much prefer a magnet, never had a magnet one fall off, and I can hang it by the magnet on my irons so it's always right there when I put the putter back in the bag. No big deal though, I'll probably just put my Coeur d'Alene cover on it, :thumb:

Round grips have my brain spinning, for sure.

round grip is the only grip..... well. I guess I donā€™t mind a little flat to the front part....

but fan of my salty grip. I donā€™t care how much @JB hates on it.

Another solid round with the putter. Hitting lines is easy with this. Still working on speed but that was mainly from playing a different course than normal.

Hey @Jman how is the blue in bright sun? I know it's more of a satin on top, but there is some...bling to it still.

I went to go test out a bunch of putters today - Top 3 choices ended up being the evenroll er5, mizuno VI and III. I decided on the III. It wasn't even close.
I'm leaning towards the blue, but I worry a bit about glare.

Hey @Jman how is the blue in bright sun? I know it's more of a satin on top, but there is some...bling to it still.

I went to go test out a bunch of putters today - Top 3 choices ended up being the evenroll er5, mizuno VI and III. I decided on the III. It wasn't even close.
I'm leaning towards the blue, but I worry a bit about glare.
No bling, its a true satin. Zero glare issues out in the noon overhead sun, the black and the blue both actually refrain from any glare issues.

Blue it is. Thanks!

yes blue really is the only way to go haha. No glare up top and it just looks so darn good on the greens.

today was another really good round of putting. A few face palms but mainly due to me seeing something that wasnā€™t there haha.

looking into grips, I may be just looking for a salty grip again. The round grips mentioned by jman and Dan look great but they are pretty dang heavy at 80-105 grams. Iā€™d be afraid it would take too much of my head weight feel away. The salty grip I have been playing is like 30 grams so big difference haha. Also, noticed a little more skidding here and there over the last two rounds. Nothing terrible but semi inconsistent. Looked up specs and noticed a loft of 4*. Not sure if that could be related when combined with my putting stroke but might be something I look at changing and getting cranked down 2* if possible.

This putter was en fuego for me today, it didnā€™t let me down...which is more than I could say about my wedge game :ROFLMAO:

I rolled a few with the vi yesterday at the shop, assuming they just didn't have the LH version on hand. It was right up there with Odyssey 2ball 10 for my favorite, even though it was right handed. Disappointed to find out they aren't making LH versions. Hopefully next year.

My VI showed up this week, I'll have it out Sunday and post my first impressions here. In the meantime, the quality is obvious, it is absolutely stunning to look at, , and it is in my opinion the best looking wing style putter out there.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Played 18 with the new M-Craft Vi yesterday, the first time I've had it out. Rolled it a bit on the practice green, and really glad I did. This was at a course I rarely play, and the greens were incredibly hard and fast, which I really wasn't expecting this early in the year. My short game was a strength throughout the round, and the VI had a lot to do with that.

As I've stated before, this thing looks incredible, and the blue finish certainly drew the attention of others that saw it. Feel is better than expected, the milled face, balance, and weight all combine for a "just right" kind of experience. The VI is a bit heavier than the rest of the M-Craft lineup, and the additional weight, along with the face-balanced design, make for a really stable feel throughout the stroke. Alignment is automatic, which I've found to be a benefit of the winged malet shape. The grip feels great, but is considerably smaller in diameter than I am used to, so the jury is still out on keeping it or putting a larger grip on it. I'm really fond of the Lamkin SinkFit Pistol grips, the rubber model is my favorite, but is considerably heavier than the stock grip, and the SinkFit Pistol Poly is a good bit lighter, so not sure which way I'd go if I make the change.

Performance out on the course was really good. Once I got the feel for the speed of these greens, my distance control was pretty good, and getting the ball rolling on my intended line was very consistent. My only real putting problem was reading more break than was actually there, which was a problem for our whole group.

More time with the VI will surely show if this is going to be a long term relationship, or if I'm just enjoying a honeymoon period with something new. I'm betting on the VI being a keeper, it really does check all the boxes.

looking into grips, I may be just looking for a salty grip again. The round grips mentioned by jman and Dan look great but they are pretty dang heavy at 80-105 grams. Iā€™d be afraid it would take too much of my head weight feel away. The salty grip I have been playing is like 30 grams so big difference

Rosemark has grips as light as 35 grams, and the shape/profile/diameter size etc... is ezxcellent.

Rosemark has grips as light as 35 grams, and the shape/profile/diameter size etc... is ezxcellent.

appreciate it! Iā€™ll look into that.

Another round today and some really good putting. Getting more and more comfortable with this thing. I still have a slight fear of leaving the face open just from not being comfortable with the grip so thatā€™s going to change by next week for sure. Overall super happy with this thing and anyone on the fence due to it not being a ā€œbig time putter brandā€ or because the price is ā€œhighā€ shouldnā€™t worry.

this is just as good as any putter out there and the price is pricey it seems but when you look at quality of the overall product and the fact that many non milled or insert type putters are in the same price range then itā€™s really a good value.

Was able to very briefly try out my new IV. Really liking the setup of it. Went with the black head. I like the stock grip but thinking it will be taken off for my go to.
Putter has a nice sound/feel to it. Nice when you first get to the putting green to try out a new putter, drop two balls down - drain the first and lip out the second from 20 feet. I like the weight kit option to dial things in. I added the heaviest weights, but will def go back to the std setup before going on course.
Headcover feels cheap and don't like the velcro, but its sufficient. I like the look of it.

Another round in with the VI today, and I can say for certain that the honeymoon is not over! There is nothing about this putter that I don't like, especially how natural it looks and feels to me. I'm even getting used to the stock grip, which is considerably smaller in diameter than I'm used to, but still feels and looks great.

I haven't played with the weights yet, I might try putting the lightest weight (3 grams) in the heal, and the heaviest weight (13 grams) in the toe, and see if just a touch of toe hang would change the feel much.

Was able to very briefly try out my new IV. Really liking the setup of it. Went with the black head. I like the stock grip but thinking it will be taken off for my go to.
Putter has a nice sound/feel to it. Nice when you first get to the putting green to try out a new putter, drop two balls down - drain the first and lip out the second from 20 feet. I like the weight kit option to dial things in. I added the heaviest weights, but will def go back to the std setup before going on course.
Headcover feels cheap and don't like the velcro, but its sufficient. I like the look of it.
I've had my eye on the IV for a couple of weeks now. Love the look of it and want to move to something with a little toe hang as compared to my face balanced 2-Ball. Out of curiosity, what were you playing before?

I've had my eye on the IV for a couple of weeks now. Love the look of it and want to move to something with a little toe hang as compared to my face balanced 2-Ball. Out of curiosity, what were you playing before?
I tend to use double bend shafted mallets, most recently the Scotty Phantom 12 and the Ping Tyne. I randomly picked this one up and I really like the balance of it and the long leading edge for aligning the face. The squared off, bit larger profile also suits my eye for alignment. The adjustable weights were the clincher, so I can dial in the feel I like. I intend to spend time finding the right weight setup. Iā€™ll prob continue to cramp @OldandStiff s style and reshaft it with a black CT shaft. The stock grip is fantastic, but Iā€™m used to a larger grip so will switch in the near future.

Back