Mizuno retires 919 Line June 19

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
During my chats with Mizuno about seeing if they could rush my order of 919 Tours for a birthday golf trip this weekend, they told me that my set will be one of the last to leave the factory as they have officially retired the 919 line up as Friday June 19th.

Now we can hold our breath anticipation for the launch of what replaces that for 2020, exciting times ahead fellow golfers!

I had 919 Hot Metals, those where/are good irons. Be interesting to see what replaces them. Mizuno has always made great irons.

I had 919 Hot Metals, those where/are good irons. Be interesting to see what replaces them. Mizuno has always made great irons.
I have always wanted Mizuno's, thankfully I will have the 919 Tour in the bag very soon which is super exciting for me. I had tried the original Tour model against the Forged & found that was way more consistent with yardages (less than Forged but I'm ok with that) so when I got the opportunity to get into the 919 Tours I took it.

Can't wait to see these in person & put them in play.

Ordered the remainder of my HMPros, 8-PW, a few weeks ago, to fill out the set, in Recoil 95. Keeping a set of 919F to mix and match. Need to ebay my other set of 919F.

Very happy with HMPros.

Ordered the remainder of my HMPros, 8-PW, a few weeks ago, to fill out the set, in Recoil 95. Keeping a set of 919F to mix and match. Need to ebay my other set of 919F.

Very happy with HMPros.
I originally was going with 919T 4-5 with MP-20 6-PW but decided to save some money and get other toys to build out the bag. MP's are beautiful no question.

Indeed.............. hopefully @JB & company will have another cool chat with the Mizuno folks when the time is right

Funny, I was ready to order another set and found this out on Saturday. I dodged a bullet because I really need to focus on my T100S irons.

Now I am very curious about the timeline for the updated "JPX" release and then availability.
Yes that could be a really nice set of irons.

Sounds like September for the new JPX line.

That still seems rather odd to me, unless they are way down in inventory.

What do companies do with leftovers? Sell off in a sale? Melt down and reuse materials? Scrap them?

Buddy of mine just got his set shipped & was telling me the same thing.

👀

Seems to to discontinue prior to having the new line up ready to go. My fitting is scheduled for 7/30/20 and Mizuno are high on my list. MP20 is my choice but what ever works best.

I can only assume they must be releasing something soon if they are no longer going to make the 919 anymore. Inventory must be low or gone for the existing ones but they don't have a replacement ready yet. I'm not sure when they would announce a new replacement but if the 919 is no longer available it sounds like they'll have no irons available in that game improvement class for a couple of months.

Hard to believe that they’d allow that to happen during peak play time. I question that from a business decision standpoint.... they’ll lose customers.

What's the story here? Guessing ... Ran out of inventory? Rather than make more, move production to new line? Will they move the "921" release date up a bit? I could see something like that. JPX was popular and fit a lot of golfers.

I'm sure Mizuno have a plan, maybe it's to run out inventory up to the new release without having to put in new production orders on a line that is being replaced.

The new line had been pushed out to Oct due to covid and them being shut down for a good amount of time. But, after things opened up their sales were stellar and they quickly sold out of everything 919. Sept is their normal release time and they have moved it back up to the regular launch date. I know we will start seeing these (921s) in the next 6 weeks or so..

I'm sure Mizuno have a plan, maybe it's to run out inventory up to the new release without having to put in new production orders on a line that is being replaced.

I heard someone say it was an inventory thing. With a new line coming, they didn't have (and likely didn't want to order more) heads to fulfill new orders.

Back