Mizuno Shaft Analyzer Results

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been struggling with my A19s and have an old set of Ping i200s in the bag right now. My issues are in a thread that I can’t find. So off to the PGATSS to swing the Mizuno Shaft Analyzer. The results were very interesting. The 3 recommended shafts were Project X LZ 5.0, NS Pro Modus 120S, and C-Taper Lite S. All were about 10g heavier than my current shafts. Fourth was the Steelfiber i110S. The shafts in my Apex 19s were the 14th on the list(N.S Pro 950 S) and interestingly the Steelfiber i95s which I have been playing in my Pings were 17th.

I hit the MP20 HMB with the C Taper Lite S in it and I hit it quite well and very consistently. I didn’t hit the PX LZ 5.0. I am worried that on perfect swings it would be great but I would struggle with missing left if I got a little quick.

I am supposed to see the fitter next week. I am going to bring these recommendations with me. I am interested to hit the C-Tapers again and the Pro Modus 120

I have been struggling with my A19s and have an old set of Ping i200s in the bag right now. My issues are in a thread that I can’t find. So off to the PGATSS to swing the Mizuno Shaft Analyzer. The results were very interesting. The 3 recommended shafts were Project X LZ 5.0, NS Pro Modus 120S, and C-Taper Lite S. All were about 10g heavier than my current shafts. Fourth was the Steelfiber i110S. The shafts in my Apex 19s were the 14th on the list(N.S Pro 950 S) and interestingly the Steelfiber i95s which I have been playing in my Pings were 17th.

I hit the MP20 HMB with the C Taper Lite S in it and I hit it quite well and very consistently. I didn’t hit the PX LZ 5.0. I am worried that on perfect swings it would be great but I would struggle with missing left if I got a little quick.

I am supposed to see the fitter next week. I am going to bring these recommendations with me. I am interested to hit the C-Tapers again and the Pro Modus 120
Love the optimizer. A lot.

look forward to how your fitting goes, and to see if any of these come out on top

Went through the Mizuno fitting recently. It was very good. I got to try a lot of combinations and was the reason I bought a set of Mizuno irons. However, I always take fitter's advice and the optimizer with a grain of salt. I mainly just like to go on what ball flight I want to see, dispersion patterns, and feel. There is no discount for getting to actually test the equipment and see the results rather than the theory of it.

Went through the Mizuno fitting recently. It was very good. I got to try a lot of combinations and was the reason I bought a set of Mizuno irons. However, I always take fitter's advice and the optimizer with a grain of salt. I mainly just like to go on what ball flight I want to see, dispersion patterns, and feel. There is no discount for getting to actually test the equipment and see the results rather than the theory of it.

Agreed. They had a CTaper shaft and they put it in the HMB head and I really liked the consistency of the shaft. I hit the new Titleist T100S and T200 with an AMT shaft in it and hated it.

I did the optimizer a month and a half or so ago. It recommended DG120X for me as #1 overall. I laughed and told the fitter don’t bother I hate DG shafts and refused to hit it. I am playing Steelfiber 110s and that was the top ranked “graphite” shaft for me but was not even in the top ten overall.

I think the PX LZ was second overall but the fitter didn’t even plug that in for a try. I am not sure where it ranked but he told me he felt the C-Taper Lite was the right one for me too and plugged it in. I hit the MP-20HMB with both the Steelfiber and C-Taper Lites. It was not even a contest. While I hit the Steelfibers well I saw my normal miss which is a pull pretty regularly. With the C-Taper Lite I threw straight up darts on every swing except one that I pulled maybe 5-7 yards.

I know what is going in my next set.

I did the optimizer a month and a half or so ago. It recommended DG120X for me as #1 overall. I laughed and told the fitter don’t bother I hate DG shafts and refused to hit it. I am playing Steelfiber 110s and that was the top ranked “graphite” shaft for me but was not even in the top ten overall.

I think the PX LZ was second overall but the fitter didn’t even plug that in for a try. I am not sure where it ranked but he told me he felt the C-Taper Lite was the right one for me too and plugged it in. I hit the MP-20HMB with both the Steelfiber and C-Taper Lites. It was not even a contest. While I hit the Steelfibers well I saw my normal miss which is a pull pretty regularly. With the C-Taper Lite I threw straight up darts on every swing except one that I pulled maybe 5-7 yards.

I know what is going in my next set.

I really liked the swings I made with the CTaper Lite 110. I hit them very consistently and the misses were very playable. I just want to lose the left miss.

I'd really like to try the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. Last time I was at a store with one was way before COVID and unfortunately it was out of order that day...

I really liked the swings I made with the CTaper Lite 110. I hit them very consistently and the misses were very playable. I just want to lose the left miss.
I feel your pain. My miss tends to be that left pull.

I feel your pain. My miss tends to be that left pull.

I know I am a bit over the top and traditionally I play a slight cut. The last thing I want in my irons is for the clubhead to flip closed and have a left to left miss.

I know I am a bit over the top and traditionally I play a slight cut. The last thing I want in my irons is for the clubhead to flip closed and have a left to left miss.
I have a habit of pulling the grip which makes it snap around a bit. Not sure why but didn’t seem to do that with the c-taper lites

I have a habit of pulling the grip which makes it snap around a bit. Not sure why but didn’t seem to do that with the c-taper lites

Having the right weight and flex profile definitely makes a difference.

I’ve always wanted to try this optimizer out. Do you have to pay at the stores to try out or only fitters has access?

I’ve always wanted to try this optimizer out. Do you have to pay at the stores to try out or only fitters has access?

not typically.

it is an extremely good tool to start with a baseline. The recommendation are just that. Recommendations. You start there based on profile then move into feel and other subjective factors based on the numbers and competence of the fitter.

not typically.

it is an extremely good tool to start with a baseline. The recommendation are just that. Recommendations. You start there based on profile then move into feel and other subjective factors based on the numbers and competence of the fitter.

Got it and that makes sense. Now I need to go find a place that has it available to check out. Thanks

Got it and that makes sense. Now I need to go find a place that has it available to check out. Thanks
Most places with a Mizuno fitting cart will have it. You can also look on Mizuno’s website for a demo day near you and the Mizuno rep should have it on his van.

Most places with a Mizuno fitting cart will have it. You can also look on Mizuno’s website for a demo day near you and the Mizuno rep should have it on his van.
Thanks for the info, never thought about checking out their website for a demo day. Gosh I would be willing to drive a bit for a Mizuno demo day for sure if possible. Appreciate the info 👍

Thanks for the info, never thought about checking out their website for a demo day. Gosh I would be willing to drive a bit for a Mizuno demo day for sure if possible. Appreciate the info 👍
Demo days are also free where store fitters may charge something.

I just went in and asked then they set me right up. It is only three swings. I would kind of like to do it a second time then see how the results compare.

I just went in and asked then they set me right up. It is only three swings. I would kind of like to do it a second time then see how the results compare.
I remember doing it after playing 9 holes once and feeling like I got better results for my swing at the time, too. Anything that comes up over multiple occasions gets my attention.

That’s what I’m planning to do and hopefully the couple golf shops around me will have it available to try out. What I’m really looking for now is an Mizuno demo day 🤞

That’s what I’m planning to do and hopefully the couple golf shops around me will have it available to try out. What I’m really looking for now is an Mizuno demo day 🤞

I have seen them at PGATSS and Golf Galaxy. Anywhere that has a Mizuno fitting cart should have one and most places will let you try it without paying. It is only 3 swings so it isn’t a big time commitment.

I have seen them at PGATSS and Golf Galaxy. Anywhere that has a Mizuno fitting cart should have one and most places will let you try it without paying. It is only 3 swings so it isn’t a big time commitment.

Cool good to know. It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a Golf Galaxy cause it’s kind of out of my way. There is a place in route to my work called Roger Dunn, not sure if they have this available but will definitely swing by to ask. Forgot to ask, when using this device what club is used to analyze for the 3 swings?

Last edited:
Cool good to know. It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a Golf Galaxy cause it’s kind of out of my way. There is a place in route to my work called Roger Dunn, not sure if they have this available but will definitely swing by to ask. Forgot to ask, when using this device what club is used to analyze for the 3 swings?

You can select any Mizuno head on their fitting cart. The device is on a special shaft that is designed for the shaft analyzer. I hit the HMB but I could have hit anything.

You can select any Mizuno head on their fitting cart. The device is on a special shaft that is designed for the shaft analyzer. I hit the HMB but I could have hit anything.
I see, really appreciate the info. Now I can’t wait to try this out and hopefully soon. Thanks!

I played with the Apex 19s yesterday and played a solid round. My swing was smooth and it wasn’t windy so I didn’t have to keep the ball low. I am spending time with the fitter on Tuesday so we will see what comes out of that.

Back