Mizuno Shaft Analyzer Results

I gave up on the A19s a while ago and had been playing with my Ping i200s with SF i95s for most of the season. In other threads I have recounted my experience with a Titleist fitting where the fitter wound up putting me back in the i95s. In that fitting I hit the Ctaper Lite but they are pretty much unavailable so we decided the i95 was good. We didn't really talk too much about the rest of the shaft options from the Shaft Analyzer.

I went back to my Cool Clubs fitter yesterday. Cool Clubs has some software that recommends shafts based on a number of factors like SS, launch angle etc. For my 80 mph SS with the 6i they generally recommended lighter sub 100g shafts. The Mizuno SA generally recommended shafts in the 110g range as the best fit and the lighter shafts near the bottom. For example the Nippon 950 I was fit into before was 14th and the i95S was 17th. I let the fitter do his thing and we wound up back in the i95. He would have tried the 950 but I had a bad history with them.

I then told him about the SA results and he was intrigued. We tried the Modus 120 first and the results were very good. Consistency was up and I didn't lose any clubhead, ball speed or distance even though the shaft is 20g heavier. We looked at the PX LZ 5.0 next and it was okay but not as good as the M120. We didn't try the CTaper Lite S because you can't get them.

I went back and forth between the i95 and M120 and just squared up the M120 more regularly. I now have a mixed set of T200 5i and T100s 6-AW on the way.

Hopefully they will be here before Thanksgiving Cool Clubs had everything in stock.

I was fitted with the optimizer once and the recommendations were actually quite surprising. At the time, the recommendations gave me exactly what I was looking for. My swing (and shaft) has changed since then so I would be curious to see what the new recommendation would be.

I was fitted with the optimizer once and the recommendations were actually quite surprising. At the time, the recommendations gave me exactly what I was looking for. My swing (and shaft) has changed since then so I would be curious to see what the new recommendation would be.

It was a totally different recommendation than I would have expected.

It was a totally different recommendation than I would have expected.
Same here! I was expecting to be put into a mid weight stiff shaft and it recommended a DGX100 TI which ended up being the best fit out of everything we tested. The PX 6.5 was a very close second which was also one of the recommendations.

I gave up on the A19s a while ago and had been playing with my Ping i200s with SF i95s for most of the season. In other threads I have recounted my experience with a Titleist fitting where the fitter wound up putting me back in the i95s. In that fitting I hit the Ctaper Lite but they are pretty much unavailable so we decided the i95 was good. We didn't really talk too much about the rest of the shaft options from the Shaft Analyzer.

I went back to my Cool Clubs fitter yesterday. Cool Clubs has some software that recommends shafts based on a number of factors like SS, launch angle etc. For my 80 mph SS with the 6i they generally recommended lighter sub 100g shafts. The Mizuno SA generally recommended shafts in the 110g range as the best fit and the lighter shafts near the bottom. For example the Nippon 950 I was fit into before was 14th and the i95S was 17th. I let the fitter do his thing and we wound up back in the i95. He would have tried the 950 but I had a bad history with them.

I then told him about the SA results and he was intrigued. We tried the Modus 120 first and the results were very good. Consistency was up and I didn't lose any clubhead, ball speed or distance even though the shaft is 20g heavier. We looked at the PX LZ 5.0 next and it was okay but not as good as the M120. We didn't try the CTaper Lite S because you can't get them.

I went back and forth between the i95 and M120 and just squared up the M120 more regularly. I now have a mixed set of T200 5i and T100s 6-AW on the way.

Hopefully they will be here before Thanksgiving Cool Clubs had everything in stock.

When I got fit, I increased my shaft weight by 10-15gr I believe by going to my C-Taper Lites and they have just felt SO much better than having the lighter shafts.

Back