Mizuno ST-G220 Driver

I just know even good swings will produce a higher launching ball than I could ever dream of. I am not sure I have seen another driver that can flatten a ball out more than this one.
It is my mission to make this driver sing.

@Canadan Gonna make me order one……..

I mean... Yeah - I'm that kinda guy I suppose hahaha
I got Dean on the UW so it’s only fair. I’ve never seen a Mizuno driver. This will take some guess work

I got Dean on the UW so it’s only fair. I’ve never seen a Mizuno driver. This will take some guess work
X is the fade killing draw beauty.
G is the low spin monster with weight manipulation at your disposal.
Z is scary and open hahaha

Wanna talk shafts? Hahaha Atmos Tour Spec Black?

LOW SPIN on the G. Maybe the lowest I hit all year.

I prefer counter balance
I thought I had a conversation at one point with someone who said we'd all be surprised at how many shafts are actually counter balanced.

For the longest time I was a die hard OG HZRDUS Yellow guy, which was awesome and CBed.

LOW SPIN on the G. Maybe the lowest I hit all year.
In my defense, I did call it a monster.

And I promised Vosh 1,000 of my RPMs of spin so I guess I am relegated to it anyways.

I’ll call the guy in Waverly OH and see if I can get a fitting. He does Callaway as well. Be an interesting shootout.

I’ve seen this toe comment from a few guys and it scares me away from it. I’m shopping drivers now but some saying this is low spin and launch makes me wonder if I can game it. Z might be my answer.

I’m pretty humbled by this driver man. A bad swing and it’s laughing at me. A good swing though is pushing 275-280, and we like that.

I wish they made this in LH, would love to hit one. Sounds like a great club.

Total newbie here, but stumbled across THP doing research...great site and forum, glad I found it! Anyways, I just picked up the ST-G 220 with an X-Stiff 60g HZRDUS Smoke shaft and can't wait to get it out on the range and the course to try it out. I went to a local Golfers WH store and hit just about everything I could...new Rogue MAX LS and Rogue MAX, Stealth+ and Stealth, Cobra LTDx and LTDx LS, G425 max, TSi2...just to name a few. I'm a high-ish swing-speed golfer (116-120 mph) that usually spins the crap out of the ball (3K plus, lots of times over 4K), and it goes very, very high...so I was obviously looking for something to lower my backspin. I initially was drawn to the Stealth, I liked the looks, felt great, forgiving etc...and the LTDx...I got my highest ball speed was with the Cobra. Then I asked the guy if he had the ST-G 220 in stock and they did...and just holding it, it felt much better...and the look, I loved it. Then I hit a few balls and couldn't believe the spin I was seeing, between 1600-2100 on good strikes...I've never seen those numbers before. Some stinkers <1000, but they were really bad strikes. Then the distance (all shots were made using full fade bias setting)...I was regularly hitting (on a Foresight LM) 320+ total distance, which I've also never seen before...the other clubs I was seeing a ton more spin and was at about 306-310 for total distance. I worked it down to the Cobra LTDx and the ST-G 220, gave each club 5 more swings, then on my last swing with the Mizuno I got 168 mph ball speed and 333 total yards, my jaw dropped...I couldn't believe it, and I walked out with the Mizuno. Overall it was just a better club for me on that day, better dispersion, a lot more "good" shots, much better distance, very forgiving...when I didn't strike it so well...the ball still got out there in play. Really hoping this all translates to the course, we shall see. I'd definitely recommend giving this club a try, especially if you're like me and have a tendency to spin the ball within an inch of it's life and have a really high ball flight. I'll report back once the snow melts and I can get back on the range. Thanks all...

Just thought I'd bump this thread. Been awhile since some input came around. Any other recent reviews now that the season is upon us?

Back