Mizuno ST-G220 Driver

Oh wow. Those look even prettier in hand. :love:

man I can't wait to hear even more about these

These are absolutely awesome looking. I need a new driver like I need a hole in the head, because I pummel my Cortex, but damnit I want to hit this one just because I like the look and adjustability features of it so much.

@Jman wow at that picture. I guess we are back to the point where you are spending my money for me again haha

My swing was just not there this weekend. Some of that was the nagging shoulder issue and a lot of that was the muscle pull issue. I hit several nice little cuts yesterday on the course which is not really an unusual ball flight for me. On the range I hit several nice straight to mild fade balls. I knew it was not good when @Vosh68 and I were talking yesterday and he told me he could see my body trying to protect itself in my swing all day long. Hopefully a few days of rest will heal up some injuries and I can really get back to work and put the driver through it’s paces.

Never go into a THP experience injured.

Let them occur naturally, like in nature. On the course, of course;)

I love the looks of this driver only thing that has me concerned is most of the participants at the experience were saying it’s really low spin. I know we can’t talk tech yet but can @Jman or @Canadan talk about the spin on it? James you know my game as well as anyone, to low spin for me?

EC72D5D6-C675-47C1-BE9C-A7038D37C4D4.jpeg

Never go into a THP experience injured.

Let them occur naturally, like in nature. On the course, of course;)
Well the shoulder injury came about after I found out I was going. It’s not as bad as it was after a cortisone injection. However, I literally just hung up the phone with Ortho setting up a MRI for next week. I need to see exactly what is going on there and what to do about it.

The other injury happened during the practice round on Friday. Just random bad luck. That one was probably more limiting on me then the shoulder but combining the 2 was not fun. It is what it is. I hit some good shots and bad shots but I had one heck of a great time with some amazing people.

Is this club conforming if you slip out the “High” plate with nothing? Or is there a “Low” as well? I’d think high equals TOWERING, low equals high, and nothing equals low with the side weight in current setup?

There are 2 weights. They can be used anywhere. I have not demoed any single position long enough with enough energy to comment. But I will say, I hit several/many/some playable drives both Saturday and Sunday. But Saturday, with one weight for draw and one in back - seemed to be the ticket (I had it in this configuration the longest) for me.

Is this club conforming if you slip out the “High” plate with nothing? Or is there a “Low” as well? I’d think high equals TOWERING, low equals high, and nothing equals low with the side weight in current setup?

Yes conforming with no weights in slots. No lighter weight option.

This driver is really good. I hit some pretty big drives with it. Need to spend a bit more time with it to get past that awkward first date stage and work to tune it in. But I am very impressed.

The sound is perfection. After listening to @Vosh68 talk about how much they pay attention to sound and wavelengths and 1st, 2nd, 4th sound wavelengths I am not surprised they got it right..

Yes conforming with no weights in slots. No lighter weight option.

This driver is really good. I hit some pretty big drives with it. Need to spend a bit more time with it to get past that awkward first date stage and work to tune it in. But I am very impressed.

The sound is perfection. After listening to @Vosh68 talk about how much they pay attention to sound and wavelengths and 1st, 2nd, 4th sound wavelengths I am not surprised they got it right..

Thanks but was asking about what looks to be a “High” plate center back of club. I was just wondering if there was a low plate or if it was Conforming with no plate. If it’s just a “High” marking for graphics sake that’s fine but to me it looks like it’s replaceable. I do like the other weights moved forward all the way. That’s likely how they’d play for me since I fight spin and miss left and right with impunity. I like lowering launch and spin. Take out some of the variables.

Thanks but was asking about what looks to be a “High” plate center back of club. I was just wondering if there was a low plate or if it was Conforming with no plate. If it’s just a “High” marking for graphics sake that’s fine but to me it looks like it’s replaceable. I do like the other weights moved forward all the way. That’s likely how they’d play for me since I fight spin and miss left and right with impunity. I like lowering launch and spin. Take out some of the variables.
it's a 3rd channel you can move the weights to.

Sorry. Misunderstood the question.

Being careful of what I say…..

It’s not as muted as the ST-X and closer to the Z in that regard imo. But it’s solid, with a little plushness to it. It’s unique.

It’s also been fun to tinker with. Going to get wild with the settings today.

You've waited this long to get wild with it? I started that on the back nine Sunday, but yea, I'm seriously going to tinker with it tomorrow at the range, and my footwork/setup as well. No excuse for becoming all arms/upper body - other than exhaustion as we neared the end of the round/day/event.

You've waited this long to get wild with it? I started that on the back nine Sunday, but yea, I'm seriously going to tinker with it tomorrow at the range, and my footwork/setup as well. No excuse for becoming all arms/upper body - other than exhaustion as we neared the end of the round/day/event.
I was trying to win, Jeff. :LOL:

This thing really does look good and I reallllllly can't wait to see full details. I am with @sposey013168 though.... Hopefully the weight in the high placement gives a good jump (somewhere around 400RPMs....) in spin if it's as low as some of the guys were saying...

This thing really does look good and I reallllllly can't wait to see full details. I am with @sposey013168 though.... Hopefully the weight in the high placement gives a good jump (somewhere around 400RPMs....) in spin if it's as low as some of the guys were saying...
Good news though, it’s one of three options in the lineup so that can be achieved elsewhere potentially if needed. I’ve not hit it next to my X on monitor yet, but hopefully this coming week (y)

I am a fan of this driver. Big fan of the sound. @Jman talked about when we played about the sound and performance of the driver. I think if people are willing to give mizuno a fair shake will be surprised.

I think if people are willing to give mizuno a fair shake will be surprised.

Agree, 100%. I admit a few companies i prefer to not deal with, MIZUNO is not one of them. Anyone willing to try, without major bias, will probably be very pleasantly surprised in just how fast and how far Mizuno has come in clubs (beyond their renown for irons), balls, bags, etc. To me, they are as good as anything out there and prices are competitive to the market as well.

I am a fan of this driver. Big fan of the sound. @Jman talked about when we played about the sound and performance of the driver. I think if people are willing to give mizuno a fair shake will be surprised.

I am always willing to give them a look. ALways have tried to support the smaller brands if it makes sense to my game. I love mizuno irons. I cant wait to look at this driver and give it a fair shake. Especially since their price point is usually very very competitive

Back