Mizuno ST-G220 Driver

Seriously good. They match well. The st-g is a slightly heavier than average head and the counterbalanced launch shaft matches well. Plus it added about 2 degrees of launch with no extra spin. That is big for me.

Seriously good. They match well. The st-g is a slightly heavier than average head and the counterbalanced launch shaft matches well. Plus it added about 2 degrees of launch with no extra spin. That is big for me.
That’s murderous distance

That’s murderous distance

I think this shaft really unlocks this head. It’s funny how a different head responds more to a shaft than others.

I think this shaft really unlocks this head. It’s funny how a different head responds more to a shaft than others.
I’m looking forward to ongoing thoughts. Sounds tasty

Shoulder finally feels good enough to give this some swings today. Still not 💯 but much better. It’s been so long I know my swing is a bit off but I was very pleased when I did my part. Baby cuts and fades are typical for me and that was what I was seeing. I have the weight set in the back draw slot and the other one in the middle slot all the way back.

It was a bit difficult to judge distance because they had us hitting off the new range mats which are much further back then the normal hitting areas and of course I am still not full speed but it looked good. Ball flight is in the window I want which is great as my previous gamer was launching too high and probably spinning a bit too much.

I am hoping to finally get a chance to put it in play on the course this week and that will be a better evaluation.

Any other updates on this new Mizuno? I guess most are just waiting on the official release date sometime this month.

Any other updates on this new Mizuno? I guess most are just waiting on the official release date sometime this month.
What are you wanting to know? Lot of feedback in here, but I’m more than happy to help more if I can!

What are you wanting to know? Lot of feedback in here, but I’m more than happy to help more if I can!

same.

I will say, I still think it sits RIGHT between the other two heads, the cool thing is you can set the weights to make it lean towards one or the other as well.

I've been biting my tongue a bit because my swing is just awful right now with the driver, but I plan to give a full update soon as I continue to work through some things. When I get my path right, and put a good move on the ball, it's one of my favorite sounding and hitting drivers possibly ever. Love it.

I might have some of my guys hit it as well. The last time I had my one buddy hit it (who immediately bought an X after hitting mine earlier in the year), said "no get it away I am not doing this again" after hitting a frozen rope with it hahaha

it’s a great driver. As a low ball hitter with the driver it is almost too low launch and spin. To the tone of about 8 degrees launch and 2100 spin or less.

hearing that can make internet golfer go gaga. But real world, know your launch characteristics and be careful what loft you go with. Not everyone is the same and I know it if cliche to say “get fit” but, get fit or at min hit it before you buy it.

it is unfair to yourself and your game and to a great driver to do otherwise.

The right set up with this driver void of ego and preconceived ideas of what loft you have to play and this thing will become a monster.

min my best swings, this is as long as anything out there. It has high levels of stability and forgiveness. Sound is awesome. I think it is the perfect blend of metallic crack and muted thud. The same is great. It is deep and round without looking huge.

here is a really good video of @Vosh68 fitti g a guy for the ST-G.

One more good video. Straight from the horse.

it’s a great driver. As a low ball hitter with the driver it is almost too low launch and spin. To the tone of about 8 degrees launch and 2100 spin or less.

hearing that can make internet golfer go gaga. But real world, know your launch characteristics and be careful what loft you go with. Not everyone is the same and I know it if cliche to say “get fit” but, get fit or at min hit it before you buy it.

it is unfair to yourself and your game and to a great driver to do otherwise.

The right set up with this driver void of ego and preconceived ideas of what loft you have to play and this thing will become a monster.

min my best swings, this is as long as anything out there. It has high levels of stability and forgiveness. Sound is awesome. I think it is the perfect blend of metallic crack and muted thud. The same is great. It is deep and round without looking huge.

here is a really good video of @Vosh68 fitti g a guy for the ST-G.

With that launch and spin, wouldn’t increasing loft fix much of it? Assuming you have moved both weights back already.

With that launch and spin, wouldn’t increasing loft fix much of it? Assuming you have moved both weights back already.

yes.

Thanks everyone. I really didn't have specific questions, just wanted to keep this thread active, and interested in hearing everyones take on this new head.

If I had to muster up one question, it would be on sound. Would love to keep hearing how it compares to the X or Z in this department.

Thanks everyone. I really didn't have specific questions, just wanted to keep this thread active, and interested in hearing everyones take on this new head.

If I had to muster up one question, it would be on sound. Would love to keep hearing how it compares to the X or Z in this department.

it is louder but not obnoxious.

I toyed with the adjustable hosel on the range the other day. The one thing I noticed is you have to get the set screw started before it falls in place. Others I have used just slide right in but this one will not unless the screw gets started first. Maybe it’s just mine but wanted to make folks aware as at first I thought I was doing something wrong. I am not saying it’s a bad thing either. I honestly just think it is built to really tight tolerances which is a good thing.

The X is still the best sounding of the trio. By far imo.

That said, this one IS more boisterous, but it’s not anything crazy.

The X is still the best sounding of the trio. By far imo.

That said, this one IS more boisterous, but it’s not anything crazy.

boisterous is a good word. You a teacher or something? 😂

Local shop called today and said they got a bunch in. Was all set to buy one and did not realize they only come in nine degree loft. Guess I missed that info. Really prefer 10.5.

Local shop called today and said they got a bunch in. Was all set to buy one and did not realize they only come in nine degree loft. Guess I missed that info. Really prefer 10.5.

Oh, than I will definitely stick with my Z. Love the adjustments you can make with this, but right now I need more loft than 9.

Adjust the hosel to +1* and you have a 10* loft. I would at least recommend trying it in a demo before ruling it out. I generally play a 10.5 as well but I don’t have any issues with launch even with it set at 9*

i didn’t know that either…

Back