Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The next generation is getting closer with this early preview of the Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z drivers. While you shouldn’t expect the company to be commenting on this too much yet, they just might be hitting golf bags on tour relatively soon. Early reports are that it is a fantastic successor to the previous model.

2-4-1024x692.jpg

The current model for Mizuno is the ST200 and it has fared very well in our testing. They offered three different models, the ST200, ST200X and ST200G and so far, we are only seeing the ST-X and ST-Z drivers on the conforming list.

We are not able to share more information other than these images...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mizuno make beautiful woods. They sure seem committed to the category

Looking forward to hearing more about these!

Looks good and looking forward to more info. Curious to see which tour pros put these in play and they improved on the previous models

Mizuno make beautiful woods. They sure seem committed to the category
Yep, they look great every year and seem to be right there with the big guns in the category. They really need to make a driver that someone like Koepka, Reed, or Fleetwood picks up and plays and wins a big tourney or 2 with. I think something like that would put them over the edge and get them into that top tier of the market.

With the roll Mizzy is on, I definitely can’t wait to find out more.

From the super adjustable jpx900 to now possibly having no moving weights unless a third driver pops up.

Very interested in all Mizuno golf products and these will surely be no different.

This looks like an interesting release! No “G” model yet?

I'm usually not a fan of black and white photos, but there is some interesting tech going on here from these pictures. Looking forward to the full release and details.

Jeez, from being in love with my ST200 I purchased 2 months ago, to giving flirty glances of lust at the B21 lately, you go and post this @JB!
What's a man to do to remain faithful to his driver? 😉

Jeez, from being in love with my ST200 I purchased 2 months ago, to giving flirty glances of lust at the B21 lately, you go and post this @JB!
What's a man to do to remain faithful to his driver? 😉

Sorry about that :ROFLMAO:

Good news is that you live in Maine. Golf season is probably over. By the time something like this comes out, you will be ready for the next season.

I've had a lot of success with the ST-190. Haven't even had a chance to try ST-200.

Looks like I might be skipping that one all together. Looking forward to more information.

Looks fairly consistent to their previous models, which is a good thing, I think Mizuno has gotten to a nice design spot and actually look they can compete in a larger market place, outside of the brand bias some may have with them in regard to irons only, these look like nice options

Mizuno has done some really good things in the driver department in the last 4-5 years. Seemingly getting better each time. These don't cause too much excitement in terms of looks for me, but that doesn't mean they won't be a solid performer. Certainly will be worth a go.

Sorry about that :ROFLMAO:

Good news is that you live in Maine. Golf season is probably over. By the time something like this comes out, you will be ready for the next season.
Played yesterday, 1:00 tee time today, still squeezing in the rounds. 😉

Those look great. I will be looking for a new driver in the spring so these just might be in the running.

Looks good and looking forward to more info. Curious to see which tour pros put these in play and they improved on the previous models

Per the article, I have a feeling we will see quite a few as the year moves on.

Yup, I think it’s telling how good the metal woods are when the Tour usage takes a dramatic upturn as we’ve seen the last couple of years, definitely want to see who the new names are

That's very interesting. I wonder if contracts are not being renewed and big time players are going to switch brands, or if it's going to be the journeyman tour pro going this route. I guess I'm going to have to follow along.

I really liked the ST200 and continue to spend time with it.

Im intrigued.

I really liked the ST200 and continue to spend time with it.

Im intrigued.

Is that 3 new drivers in 3 years? Does this follow their normal release cycle?

Look interesting. Could be a really solid release for Mizuno

Nice looking and likely perform very well when dialect in; but lack the one thing that the new Ping, Titleist i3 and PXG and others have that is weight flexibility in the sole. Maybe the “alternative” US market shares lines like Mizuno feel that is not needed but if I am spending hundreds want as much flexibility as possible but others likely don’t care.

Meant dialed in of course.

Back