Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Preview

Nice looking and likely perform very well when dialect in; but lack the one thing that the new Ping, Titleist i3 and PXG and others have that is weight flexibility in the sole. Maybe the “alternative” US market shares lines like Mizuno feel that is not needed but if I am spending hundreds want as much flexibility as possible but others likely don’t care.
Look at the current Mizuno St 200 G. Probably more weight adjustability than any driver.

I just did and happy right now with PXG prototype because of shaft but who knows what future will bring? Mizuno makes great stuff.

These type of initial photo reviews are truly great but when you do full review will you add all expected standard shaft and various custom upgrade (and cost) of fitting options? With the steep cost to upgrade some shafts, get fit, or customize on initial buy (depending on manufacturers) that factor probably affects overall club performance and in my case “desirability” as much as these beautiful head designs if not more. Thanks!

These type of initial photo reviews are truly great but when you do full review will you add all expected standard shaft and various custom upgrade (and cost) of fitting options? With the steep cost to upgrade some shafts, get fit, or customize on initial buy (depending on manufacturers) that factor probably affects overall club performance and in my case “desirability” as much as these beautiful head designs if not more. Thanks!
This isn’t a review. As you can see above, this merely hit the Usga conforming list and we want to share the image.

These look really sharp, will be interested once they release and how they perform. Never had a Mizuno product in my bag but would luv to give them a whirl!

Know this was not a full review looking forward to that when come out. If they come up with a model with more weight flexibility and some good shaft choices might give a try. Thanks

I’m really enjoying the track Mizuno is on, they’re just continuing to climb and that’s fun as hell to see.

Maybe it’s me but off the top of my head Mizzy has done amazing things with thier wood lineups if this release follows that progress which I don’t see why not. The woods lineup starting with the ST190 has been great.

Maybe it’s me but off the top of my head Mizzy has done amazing things with thier wood lineups if this release follows that progress which I don’t see why not. The woods lineup starting with the ST190 has been great.
They really have been. They’ve come SO far in such a short time with metalwoods.

Got to try these when out, and hoping for a more adjustable model soon. Played years ago a Mizuno metal driver (t-Zoid?) that was stealthily long and several sets of their fine irons.

This looks like an interesting release! No “G” model yet?

I think the current "G" will carry through, but the X & Z will be the only new ones.

These will be interesting. I liked the ST200 and really enjoyed the shaft options. I still have a little bit of a block with Mizuno drivers and fairway metal, but that's fading. Heck, I even played a Mizuno ball a couple of weeks ago. I liked it. Spinny thing. This will be a fun year rebuilding the bag if I can keep an open mind and let go of my preconceived notions.

Just so much awesome coming out of Mizuno the past couple of releases! Hopefully this holds true to that!

I started getting into Mizuno earlier this year because due to covid , I was laid off and I played more golf this summer then I have in my whole 38 years of life. In June I bought my first set of Mizuno irons , the 2014 jpx ez forged and I was blown away by the amazing feel. By July I was so geeked out on Mizuno that after reading and watching videos etc I felt like I needed newer technology so I upgraded to 2018 JPX 900 forged and I have this renewed golf obsession that has been fun as hell , and has kept me sane. I’m looking forward to seeing their new creations and I can’t express enough how blown away I am by Mizzy’s awesomeness!!!

I can say without a shadow of a doubt we have some amazing things happening with Mizuno in 2021. The planning has begun and we think THPers are going to love it

I played the 190 driver and 3 wood for a while. I love Muzuno going back to my baseball days, they make quality equipment. I really wish they offered more left hand options.

I think the current "G" will carry through, but the X & Z will be the only new ones.

I just figured that one was way too low spinning for most but yeah I can see that one just carrying through. Anyone I saw get fit for it was BOMBING drives.

I talked with someone in the know on this driver and he is very excited about it. Sounds like Mizuno is doing good things and make solid progression. The 200 series drivers were right there. He thinks this edition will push them over the edge. I doubt that it will be an over night surge to the top of the driver market, but if it is slightly better than the current model. It will at least be a ponder point for those willing to try it.

And these.....

👀

As you can see the Mizuno irons and wedges already in my bag, I'm really eager to learn more about these new woods. Again, I have a (mostly driver, possibly woods/hybrids) fitting next month, and I cannot wait to see how things unfold.

Now I'm torn. I've gamed ST190 woods (driver,3w, 5w) for 2 years. I was considering the Ping G425 Max (and still am), but these are intriuging. My ST190's have been forgiving, consistent performers. What to do, what to do??

When will we see more info on these?

Back