Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

@Jman any chance you can snap some comparison pics of the drivers you are currently testing this year? Does this one have a big footprint?
I can do that today or tomorrow.

In an answer though. No, it does not.

2275B99B-BF3B-4D6E-8859-CF6A75618BCA.jpeg

that driver looks so good

that driver looks so good
It sure does, this year is killing me. I want them all and I still keep looking even though I just got my max LS custom head

Remember though, it varies on the person. Historically speaking, deeper faced fairways are harder for many to launch off the deck. The conversation wasn’t one diminishing the club, just genuine conversation.

And man, those are good looking fairways. (y)

I mean it’s certainly a concern for me, but my swing is vastly different than the last time I had a deeper faced 3w. I think it was either the Wilson c300 or an older cobra....

Doesn’t look too bad from the above pictures.

I keep telling myself I'm proud of myself. Went to the local golf center yesterday, and after hitting a bucket, I looked at the ST-X, the B21, the TEE stand, and the G425 hybrids, without demoing any of them. I should be proud of myself, because with a 50% trade-in bonus sale going on, I probably would have walked out of there with something. But I'm not.

I keep telling myself I'm proud of myself. Went to the local golf center yesterday, and after hitting a bucket, I looked at the ST-X, the B21, the TEE stand, and the G425 hybrids, without demoing any of them. I should be proud of myself, because with a 50% trade-in bonus sale going on, I probably would have walked out of there with something. But I'm not.
You’ve disappointed me.:LOL:

ED87F443-5C47-429B-B1FD-AA6D71586DD8.jpeg

Now that is a look.

For those curious, my ST-X 10.5 came in at 190g with no adapter.

I mean, this is the best looking driver line this year> right?

maybe only titleist is close.

stz fairway was a freaking blast on the course today. every time i hit it off the tee, it was automatic. i hit it once off the deck, and was excellent. 100% my favorite club in the bag right now, after pretty much despising fairways for a long time.

stz fairway was a freaking blast on the course today. every time i hit it off the tee, it was automatic. i hit it once off the deck, and was excellent. 100% my favorite club in the bag right now, after pretty much despising fairways for a long time.
Don’t forget the feel and sound! 😁

While I was taking product photos....

DSC01811-XL.jpg

DSC01812-XL.jpg

DSC01814-XL.jpg

DSC01813-XL.jpg

DSC01815-XL.jpg

DSC01816-XL.jpg

DSC01817-XL.jpg

DSC01818-XL.jpg

DSC01819-XL.jpg

For those curious, my ST-X 10.5 came in at 190g with no adapter.

Mine was that light as well, which is weird. The 4g plug was only in finger tight with no thread locker, so everyone that acquires one of these drivers should be checking them (the demo I had was the same way).

Otherwise, got mine on the course today after a five-month hiatus. Despite mid-40's temperatures and some serious wind, had a blast. I couldn't not hit the driver straight (or with a baby draw), and the 3-wood was amazing off the tee as well as the fairway. Seriously needed a confidence booster with the driver, and hopefully it just gets better this season. Playing mine at 9.5° (face open 1°) which is perfect. They are both fantastic and the sound is awesome.

That really, really looks good. Nice photos @Jman.

I mean, I have to take this out today too, yeah? :LOL:

Does that mean it's going to get dirty? Because damn it looks so good in this pics.

Does that mean it's going to get dirty? Because damn it looks so good in this pics.
Won’t lie, considered bringing a magic eraser for after every swing :ROFLMAO:

Won’t lie, considered bringing a magic eraser for after every swing :ROFLMAO:

Just make sure you keep the headcover on when not in use haha

Just make sure you keep the headcover on when not in use haha
Normally I wouldn’t, but there will be 3-4 drivers in there :oops:

0A75E05E-4AF3-4D26-90DE-E0E6A185A2D2.jpeg

Woah momma.

The x is a beast. And one of the two best sounding and feeling drivers I’ve hit this year (C721 is the other)

Back