Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

Woah momma.

The x is a beast. And one of the two best sounding and feeling drivers I’ve hit this year (C721 is the other)
Sound vs. the fairway woods comparable or not?

Sound vs. the fairway woods comparable or not?
Definitely comparable imo.

Most impressive is how responsiveness to misses heel and toe have been, ball wants to be in play.

Woah momma.

The x is a beast. And one of the two best sounding and feeling drivers I’ve hit this year (C721 is the other)

How was it distance wise and what did you compare it to?
I'm tempted...
Thank you and stay safe

How was it distance wise and what did you compare it to?
I'm tempted...
Thank you and stay safe
Long.

Ive compared it to C721, Srixon ZX, Radspeed, TEE 721, and SIM2

Definitely not expecting that. Impressive on both accounts
They and the ZX5 have been the three biggest “wow” factor drivers for me. But, the ST-X and 721 just sound so much better than the Srixon, and the Cobra for me personally, for that matter.

There’s not a bad driver head out there though, and most sound playable (well, all but one for me).

I tried both heads with different shaft options this week. Really impressed with this year's offering. Took more swings with the Z and found it to be very straight. Not the best ball speed retention I've seen, but would be a great driver on the course.

Had way too much fun creating this one.

Had way too much fun creating this one.

That turned out really good!

This was the one Driver & FW line that my local shop did not carry, yet after sampling other OEM's new 2021 models curiosity and good reviews here won over. I ordered an ST-X on Monday, and a 3w to go with. Looking forward to them!

ST-X is wow’ing me, and not because I’m in a Mizuno event.

This is my favorite sounding driver right now, and the level of wanting to stay in play is fun. Not to mention, I missed a DEEP faced driver, and this might be the deepest on the market.

Reactions: MH
Very quiet in here... Mizuno lost all moment already?

Mine is on order, no updates aside from general lust for the next month!

Nope. Not at all from what I’m hearing.

I know for me I’m focusing on reviews at the moment, but have had fun with this one in the times I’ve hit it.

Waiting on mine ...

Put my Mizuno lust on hold for this year. May sneak a VI into my backup bag but I'm snakebit.
:cobra::)

Received mine late last week and have only gotten one range session in with it so far. I will second those who said that this is one of the best sounding/feeling drivers out there. Will put it in play this Saturday... and if that goes well, it will be very hard not to order a ST-Z fairway.
30E40DA8-8BD3-428B-B1DD-285DA8BC284C.jpeg

Have several rounds in already with the driver and 3-wood - can't say enough good things about them. Hit the X ridiculously straight, and the 3-wood is an absolute cannon. Skipped from the ST190TS 3-wood to this one, and it's amazing, especially off the tee.

Received mine late last week and have only gotten one range session in with it so far. I will second those who said that this is one of the best sounding/feeling drivers out there. Will put it in play this Saturday... and if that goes well, it will be very hard not to order a ST-Z fairway.
View attachment 9000444

You will love the ST-Z fairways for sure - bombers like the driver.

One thing to take note of is that there are two different weights used in these heads: the 4g aluminum (white, shown above), and the 11g steel (blue). Mine came with the 4g, but I switched to a heavier shaft and needed the 11g to get the SW back to my normal. Thought my typical baby draw would be too strong, but not the case at all. At Standard or Upright, the X face is square, and so easy to hit straight.

Have several rounds in already with the driver and 3-wood - can't say enough good things about them. Hit the X ridiculously straight, and the 3-wood is an absolute cannon. Skipped from the ST190TS 3-wood to this one, and it's amazing, especially off the tee.

You will love the ST-Z fairways for sure - bombers like the driver.

One thing to take note of is that there are two different weights used in these heads: the 4g aluminum (white, shown above), and the 11g steel (blue). Mine came with the 4g, but I switched to a heavier shaft and needed the 11g to get the SW back to my normal. Thought my typical baby draw would be too strong, but not the case at all. At Standard or Upright, the X face is square, and so easy to hit straight.

Thanks for the note! Where can we purchase the heavier weight (didn’t see it on Mizuno’s site)? I take it you also need a special wrench to remove and install the weights?

Thanks for the note! Where can we purchase the heavier weight (didn’t see it on Mizuno’s site)? I take it you also need a special wrench to remove and install the weights?
I contacted Mizuno for adapters and was told to go through a Mizuno golf retailer. Took only about a week but should be the same deal one would think.

Back