Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

I’ve only seen the st-z in hand and I thought the head had a very big foot print. Does the st-x head look the same from address?

I’ve only seen the st-z in hand and I thought the head had a very big foot print. Does the st-x head look the same from address?
You considered it big? Man I don’t get that at all, even next to the ZX5 which is as traditionally shaped as they come.

Think it’s the way the carbon fiber section presents visually?

Reactions: MH
X looks smaller at address with a taller face and looks a little closed stock, Z has a shallower face and sits slightly open stock visually.

X is definitely a small head shape. Very condensed head with a tall face.

You considered it big? Man I don’t get that at all, even next to the ZX5 which is as traditionally shaped as they come.

Think it’s the way the carbon fiber section presents visually?
Compared to the tsi3 I did think the foot print looked big? I haven’t seen a zx5 yet but I do prefer a compact looking driver head. Next time I’m in the shop I will have to compare it to a few different heads. Maybe it was just the shape or it was just thinking that at first glance?

Compared to the tsi3 I did think the foot print looked big? I haven’t seen a zx5 yet but I do prefer a compact looking driver head. Next time I’m in the shop I will have to compare it to a few different heads. Maybe it was just the shape or it was just thinking that at first glance?
I def think the way the crown is done carbon fiber blending wise plays a role with our perception of it. I just know that the X is pretty
fantastic to look down at, especially with that DEEP face. Plus, it’s really not what I’d consider a truly draw weighted setup.

I def think the way the crown is done carbon fiber blending wise plays a role with our perception of it. I just know that the X is pretty
fantastic to look down at, especially with that DEEP face. Plus, it’s really not what I’d consider a truly draw weighted setup.
I haven’t seen the X in person yet and was only referring to the Z. Sounds like the X is more of the profile that I would like. I asked the local shop if they were getting the X in and was told they aren’t unless the 6 ST-Z’s sell quick.

I think so too. Plus I think the edges are a bit rounded maybe. Giving a bit of a cannon ball shape..

I went for the GP-6 pairing in the STx and it's kind of a monster.

Had a buddy hit it a few times (he plays the OG Sim) and audibly said WOW each time. It's so fun to hear the way people react to new product.

Me? I'm just chasing bombs at this point.

Had a buddy hit it a few times (he plays the OG Sim) and audibly said WOW each time. It's so fun to hear the way people react to new product.

It is top two or three sound wise. Maybe one..

It is top two or three sound wise. Maybe one..
SO good, right? Pretty comfortable on sound all across the face.

Also fun? I'm using the 12 degree head right now (on accident from HQ haha). It's holding up surprisingly well.

Also fun? I'm using the 12 degree head right now (on accident from HQ haha). It's holding up surprisingly well.

wait what 12?? Arn’t you a moon baller??

wait what 12?? Arn’t you a moon baller??
There was a time. I'm presently a trashcan swinging bonehead though.

We'll see how I transition out of the bad swing phase, but the shaft combo is holding up well for me and others from a flight perspective.

There was a time. I'm presently a trashcan swinging bonehead though.

We'll see how I transition out of the bad swing phase, but the shaft combo is holding up well for me and others from a flight perspective.

and by trash can you mean you missed two fairways right? Lol.

hit the X yesterday - 0 slices lots of straight and draw shots... Head is super forgiving. completely awstruck that ball is playable no matter where hit on the face.

hit the X yesterday - 0 slices lots of straight and draw shots... Head is super forgiving. completely awstruck that ball is playable no matter where hit on the face.
That sounds like a fun round. Glad you're hitting this one well!

The sound/feel is imo the best out there, it’s just freaking fantastic.

I really like the sound. It's a nice ping that's not too loud and to me sounds much better than some of the muted sounds of other drivers. Those always just sound dead to me.

The sound/feel is imo the best out there, it’s just freaking fantastic.
sound on this is really nice that you know you hit it well without telling the next tee box you hit it well. Not sure on sound descriptors but compared to others its a ting that resonates well.

sound on this is really nice that you know you hit it well without telling the next tee box you hit it well. Not sure on sound descriptors but compared to others its a ting that resonates well.
Man, I wouldn’t call it a ting at all to be honest.

I actually hear a bit of a ting too.
Interesting, I’ve. It gotten any of that out on the course.

Reactions: JB
Range work trying to figure out shafts and loft.
Dropping loft 1 notch helped keep the launch down and might have placebo shifted the the shot shape for straight to fade.

Still torn between shafts, both performed well.

Definitely a ting with sound.

Back