Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

STx is your play. Slightly lower spin, slight change in the face to be less open.

Definitely the play.

Which model would you recommend I look at first?

These drivers really surprised me. Not only do they look and sound great that price is fantastic considering the competitors pricing. If the performance is there how can you not take a look at Mizuno?

I still can't believe the $400 price tag, $130 less than some of the other OEMs is mind bottling

STx is your play. Slightly lower spin, slight change in the face to be less open.

Definitely the play.
Hmm, now starts the 3 month battle in my head of BB21 or ST-X this spring? 🤔

Which model would you recommend I look at first?
The beauty of these heads is how much they will perform for each individual is a fit based discussion.

You saw how comfy Vosh was in the video hitting the STz, and when he switched to the x, his starting point changed with it. Not because it's a bad head, it's just a personal preference on look I bet.

STx - Slightly less spin. Weight pushed into the heel a bit will support that face angle driving in neutral or a bit closed.
STz - Supporting that slight fade. Weight dead neutral in the back.

The beauty of these heads is how much they will perform for each individual is a fit based discussion.

You saw how comfy Vosh was in the video hitting the STz, and when he switched to the x, his starting point changed with it. Not because it's a bad head, it's just a personal preference on look I bet.

STx - Slightly less spin. Weight pushed into the heel a bit will support that face angle driving in neutral or a bit closed.
STz - Supporting that slight fade. Weight dead neutral in the back.

Yup, I chalked that up to him being a superior swinger of the golf club than my hack self hahaha

Promising sound and excellent pricing.

Haven't gamed a Mizuno driver since the MP-001 around 2005. I will demo this one - the non-draw biased.

Very interesting. Havent had a Mizuno driver since the "Mighty Big"...
Ok just aged myself!

I played the ST190 driver for over a year until the B21 took its spot. Mizuno has great drivers, truthfully every manufacturer has good drivers these days.

Really looking for a driver with more of a fade bias. That STZ looks like a winner!

wonder if these will be shafted up soon. :unsure:

Really like the looks of these, gotta stay out of this thread though and trust the b21. If I had to choose I'd go with the X and put it against what I got. I may stop out to the country club since they have mizuno stuff and give it a try for grins.

I really want an X

Very cool. I loved the ST190. Gonna really try to get out and hit these when they hit my local store.

Great review and I agree - Vosh really does a good job of clearly breaking down club tech.

Really good video and descriptions between the two. How one would get zed out of Z is beyond my visual ears. Well done fellas.

Looks like he was using Ventus instead of one of the stock offerings? I'm amazed at how that shaft has kinda' taken over golf at this point. Seems everyone and their mother is using it these days. I have played Miz irons for years and would love to put the driver in as well. Thanks for the great vid keep it up!!

Looks like he was using Ventus instead of one of the stock offerings? I'm amazed at how that shaft has kinda' taken over golf at this point. Seems everyone and their mother is using it these days. I have played Miz irons for years and would love to put the driver in as well. Thanks for the great vid keep it up!!

A number of shafts were used this week during the THP Showcase. Graphite Design AD HD was one that was well enjoyed in this head by just about everybody that tried it.

I'm really eager to try one or both of these during my fitting next month.

Price has my attention in a big way. ST-Z. I avoid draw bias like the plague, so no to the the X. I know the RDX smoke black can be a good shaft for me. Will have to see what kind of ball speeds, launch, and spin I get.

Fun to watch @Vosh68 hit these drivers and give his take on them. Sound was reasonable via my laptop with the video.

I’m taking the X for some play tomorrow.

It's nice to see a driver at this price point. It sounds like a great option if a person isn't looking to break the bank.

I’m taking the X for some play tomorrow.
Oh this has me jealous. This one is on my must hit list, big time. Listening to Chris talk about this in person was very cool, they’re definitely really passionate about this release.

One thing I wish I had asked about while Vosh was at HQ was the Mizuno ball line.. I didn't see it come up and I would be interested in hearing where they are going. The mizuno ball has been around for a bit, but it was only introduced in the US a couple years ago..

the price is definitely hard to ignore. based on vosh hitting the x left so consistently, i'd be interested in hitting the z.

Good looking drivers. Sound was good, too. The X he hit first was the club for him for sure. That neutral setup would work well for me.

Very interested in the X. Not often you get more draw bias in a driver that isn't made to also produce more spin.

Back