Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

I took my lunch break at the range today! View attachment 9007668

Not the longest range. But I was flying over the last target in the MIDDLE of the range! Great draw ball ight with the setup in the ST-X... Best its felt since day 1... Might be onto something.
That looks like it was ka-rushed!

Not the longest range. But I was flying over the last target in the MIDDLE of the range! Great draw ball ight with the setup in the ST-X... Best its felt since day 1... Might be onto something.

Now that is looking good right there - great range report!

:UST::mizuno::thp:🎰
That’s my cartner!!! 🔥

Put the ST-x with Fuji Motore F3 6s in play last weekend for a round. Driver swing has been off for weeks and it was pretty windy and chilly, but I hit a couple really nice drives with this driver.

For anyone out there that is mistakenly thinking mizuno is behind anyone at this point..

Spent some time on the range last night and was hitting it pretty well. A lot of straight balls to a baby fade. My miss was leaving it open for a decent slice. It was launching a little lower than I wanted so I did change the loft to +1 which unless I'm mistaken should close the clubface a little to help fight the slice. Here was 5 shots as I got a little more dialed in with the new LINQ shaft. These were producing a decent night, penetrating flight that should roll out quite a bit.
742FF88D-0D48-4973-9103-8DABDCBC554F.jpeg

I am hitting golf shots with the ST-X. Another fun day today.

For anyone out there that is mistakenly thinking mizuno is behind anyone at this point..

Definitely impressive, I am really looking forward to seeing the profile of the STG beside the X and Z. Sure hope I get a chance to see these in hand at some point this year

Lots of confidence with the ST-X. I played this morning, I only pulled driver three times, but all three holes were excellent. Really pleasing sound and trajectory with this one.
  • The 9th hole plays 420yards long and very much uphill the entire way, especially in the landing area. I smoked one and had a very nice 150yd 9i look at the hole on approach. This is about 15-20 yards better position than typical for me on that hole
  • 12th hole is a long 466 yds downhill par 4. I hit it well but pulled slightly, just left of the cart part with about 140 to the hole.
  • The 16th hole is a reachable Par 5 at 470 yards. Another smoked drive, leaving just another nice 150yd 9i look at the green. Birdied this one after leaving it 20ft pin high right on the approach
The 9th - trying to show how much uphill it plays but the picture does not quite do justice. Aimed straight up the RH treeline with a tiny draw.
B92FAAA4-A3A0-4FA2-AC11-3DEE2989ED37.jpeg

71C2625F-2D92-4097-844B-6E38DDF8082D.jpeg

The 16th - dogleft left, drawing the ball around the trees from tee tucked behind the trees up on the hill.
E6DF71E8-8734-45BD-B17A-F6E05E489A38.jpeg298C106D-BD8B-48AE-AC04-FB9E83254DAE.jpeg

Last edited:
My comfort level with the X continues to surprise me, it’s just so delightfully deep faced that I really feel like I can let it go. Happy to be able to get back to shaping MY game up now that coaching season is over for a bit.

My comfort level with the X continues to surprise me, it’s just so delightfully deep faced that I really feel like I can let it go. Happy to be able to get back to shaping MY game up now that coaching season is over for a bit.
Such a great head. I'm genuinely excited to hit it again this weekend, which is weird for me haha

Bombs yesterday with my ST-X. Dirty bombs.

Such a great head. I'm genuinely excited to hit it again this weekend, which is weird for me haha
Yup, it offers pretty much everything, impressed to say the absolute least

Bombs yesterday with my ST-X. Dirty bombs.
ran a few through the fairway, pushing 320 on a couple in pretty miserable rain last weekend. dropping the loft has protected against the hook and dropped the launch a bit. Pretty smitten. I still don't think my shaft is quite right either.

Finally have some time to play? ;)

Finally have some time to play? ;)
Not after the wreck yesterday. 😢

Monday starts 2 and 3 round a-day’s though. Will be nice to actually try and get my **** in order before the end of July :oops:

Monday starts 2 and 3 round a-day’s though. Will be nice to actually try and get my **** in order before the end of July :oops:

I need to come visit, but I fear my back will give out after 2 days

you get banged up? Serious. End of july has me quite golfing motivated..

no no..

it's fine. You're fine.

I need to come visit, but I fear my back will give out after 2 days
We will go play the Patriot. I have an in. 👀

you get banged up? Serious. End of july has me quite golfing motivated..
I got lucky, and no kiddos in the car too. I’m ready to be selfish on my own game for a while, that’s for sure.

I got lucky, and no kiddos in the car too. I’m ready to be selfish on my own game for a while, that’s for sure.

wrecks are no fun.. .Seriously glad you are ok.

Bombs away with this guy... Took some time to adjust, but ended up hitting pretty well during golf trip. My miss is still the pull and if I am lazy a slice, but pretty much finding ball in the short stuff.

Back