Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

It’s just a super good driver. Wish it was lower lofted, but it’s still my favorite sound and feel of any driver this year.
I’d love to try more Mizuno. All I can get are irons locally. JPX only at that.

I’d be very interested to try these drivers and matching them to their 3 wood.

glad to see this thread still popping - miss hitting mine, but last few 9s this thing is deadly! kept it between the mow lines and playable everytime... fairways were not as tight as we are in the few times a month of golf with no practice.

I’d love to try more Mizuno. All I can get are irons locally. JPX only at that.

I’d be very interested to try these drivers and matching them to their 3 wood.

Not saying this is for everyone, but my LGS didn't carry them and I ended up blind ordering both. It worked out extremely well for me, except I made an iffy choice on the 3w shaft fit. Very happy I ended up with these.

Not saying this is for everyone, but my LGS didn't carry them and I ended up blind ordering both. It worked out extremely well for me, except I made an iffy choice on the 3w shaft fit. Very happy I ended up with these.

I don’t think I want all of the adjustability of the G but I’d like to venture out and try some stuff I haven’t tried. What driver in the market would you related the STZ closest to?

I can't wait to see what I can do with this head. I think I'm probably going to begin my semi-weekly trips to LGS here in the next couple weeks, and will probably only bring driver. Last year was the first time I put multiple swings in with the iron on a sim and my game was an absolute mess early in the season. Obviously that may be unrelated but seems like an awful big coincidence. Not a whole lot of turf interaction on driver swings :cool:

Nice video and nice drivers.

Went out for 9 more with my HS kids and hit 6/6 fairways.

Eh. Was a good day. -6 under on 27 👀
Like I said, machine. 27 holes is no joke. To hit 6/6 in the last 9 holes is some good tee work.

I was hating the high launch this summer but it’s so much easier to control. I’m going for forgiveness. I’ve even dialed my swing back. Hanging in the low 110s. I’m going to have to make the trip to get a feel of one of these

Like I said, machine. 27 holes is no joke. To hit 6/6 in the last 9 holes is some good tee work.
I’m at 255.5 rounds on the year now :LOL:

Hell with the Rad at the MC @jdtox kept telling me to turn the driver down :LOL:

That's silly talk. Carry travels, and keeps you from running into hazards. At least, that's what I tell myself when I see pitch marks next to my ball :/

That's silly talk. Carry travels, and keeps you from running into hazards. At least, that's what I tell myself when I see pitch marks next to my ball :/
THIS is what I’ve discovered. If it’s low it’s likely lost lol

I don’t think I want all of the adjustability of the G but I’d like to venture out and try some stuff I haven’t tried. What driver in the market would you related the STZ closest to?

That is a tough one for me to comment, because I am in the ST-X driver. I have never had the ST-Z in hand. The ST-X is one of the deeper faces you'll find, but still launches with ease. It's a beast.

That is a tough one for me to comment, because I am in the ST-X driver. I have never had the ST-Z in hand. The ST-X is one of the deeper faces you'll find, but still launches with ease. It's a beast.
Do you find you can easily work it both ways, as was stated in the video, or is it more of a draw club for you?

Last edited:
Do you fine you can easily work it both ways, as was stated in the video, or is it more of a draw club for you?

I find playability to be really good. My stock shot is a draw but I have been playing a fade more on course this year, and Driver was just as easy to shape as any other in the bag. I got more comfortable with a controlled fade on demand this year in general, and it carried through Driver. My strike tends to be high toe, and a bad swing often can be a big toe hook or overdraw, that is the shot I "guard" against and do not like seeing. The ST-X deals with that miss without drama. I can step up on the first tee cold and hit a fade if desired, which is pretty cool.

Do you find you can easily work it both ways, as was stated in the video, or is it more of a draw club for you?
X is workable both ways. I’ve done it most of the year.

I’ve clocked into work contemplating the meaning of life and Mizuno woods….. certainly normal?

Back