Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

I do think I’d go RDX.
I think a lot of people would hahahaha

It was really fun to watch Vosh clearly prefer one head to the other. I love seeing stuff like that.... and oh man can I relate.

I think a lot of people would hahahaha

It was really fun to watch Vosh clearly prefer one head to the other. I love seeing stuff like that.... and oh man can I relate.
Totally, and his breakdown in the THP TV video you two did at the Showcase is why I know X is the spot for me.

I loved the neutral feeling of the ST200 so I think I’d have to try the STZ but just adjust the head to have a more upright lie angle.

I don’t think enough is being said about the price. Mizuno is now the more affordable contender in the segment than even Cobra who had held that mark for some time now.

Hmm, now starts the 3 month battle in my head of BB21 or ST-X this spring? 🤔
Exactly my thoughts. The BB21 and the ST-X are heavily on my radar. I think you may also throw in the the PIng G425 SFT in that mix as well. I doubt the Ping would spin as low as the BB21 or the ST-X but if you are looking for something to calm that fade down a bit or really help you hit the draw shot then the SFT has to be considered. I reallly do like the look of the Mizuno driver driver over the other 2. So happy they moved away from the blue heads on there wood line up.

I enjoyed that video. I want to give these a few hits this spring, loved the explanation between the two heads, and definitely love the price point. I could easily see me rocking that Z!

Exactly my thoughts. The BB21 and the ST-X are heavily on my radar. I think you may also throw in the the PIng G425 SFT in that mix as well. I doubt the Ping would spin as low as the BB21 or the ST-X but if you are looking for something to calm that fade down a bit or really help you hit the draw shot then the SFT has to be considered. I reallly do like the look of the Mizuno driver driver over the other 2. So happy they moved away from the blue heads on there wood line up.
I’m eager to give the X a go as well, for sure.

I will say, I wish they’d do a super limited run of the blue heads. I’m one who just loves how the Mizuno blue pops. But, for the masses, the color change the last couple iterations was a smart move by Mizuno.

Personally I'm disappointed about the blue, I love the look of my JPX 900 driver. If they had the STx in that blue I would be all over it! 😎

I don’t think enough is being said about the price. Mizuno is now the more affordable contender in the segment than even Cobra who had held that mark for some time now.

Just about every piece of golf equipment from Mizuno offers a fantastic bang for the buck, and the new woods are no exception. My driver and 3-wood - both with Ventus shafts - are coming in around $900 total. Although having a connection helps with the deal, the price point is still fantastic, especially with the Fujikura up-charge.

Just finished up a video with txg on the z vs rad speed vs zx7.

all great drivers but the z performed insanely well in terms of ball speed and accuracy. And at that price point it could be the best driver for the buckthis year hands down

These drivers are hard to beat at that price. They knew what they were doing. Numbers looked solid across the board.

Really good looking drivers with awesome tech packed in them. I was expecting to see a 5 at the beginning of the price and was very pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

Heck of a price on the Mizuno ST X and Zed. You get a $285 Fuji Motore X shaft and a Tech packed head to hit for about $395. You can go real Ventus for an upcharge.

So I went over to Callaway to look at the shaft options - great head tech but they are not giving out Motore X type shafts without an upcharge

Last edited:
Very nice video. I've played my Mizuno ST190 for 2 years and have been quite pleased. So I guess the eternal question is whether it is worth it to upgrade to the new Mizuno.

The video and that price point has me thinking hard about the ST-X. That was such an awesomely done video. Dangit.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
The video and that price point has me thinking hard about the ST-X. That was such an awesomely done video. Dangit.
Yeah. The ST-X is firmly in my head. Seeing Vosh hit it in person and the rundown he gave on the video for everyone, it’s a must hit for me.

Yeah. The ST-X is firmly in my head. Seeing Vosh hit it in person and the rundown he gave on the video for everyone, it’s a must hit for me.

Seeing the size of the difference in ball flights between the Z and the X was eye-opening, to say the least.

Seeing the size of the difference in ball flights between the Z and the X was eye-opening, to say the least.
Was SO fun to see him hit them. Very freaking cool.

I think it's important to consider that for guys like Vosh, a certain shape is going to promote confidence, while another may cause some mental (unintentional) adjustments to alter the shot even more so.

Not to say it's not perfectly viable, I just think the variance will be different for everyone. And personally I cannot WAIT to find out for myself hahaha

I think it's important to consider that for guys like Vosh, a certain shape is going to promote confidence, while another may cause some mental (unintentional) adjustments to alter the shot even more so.

Not to say it's not perfectly viable, I just think the variance will be different for everyone. And personally I cannot WAIT to find out for myself hahaha
Saaaaaaame!

Back