Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
New Mizuno drivers are hitting stores soon and we got a chance to put them to the test in the THP Tech Studio. The latest iteration represents the culmination of the company’s 3-year, rapid-fire driver development project. 

Before jumping into the video and testing, we want to mention one of the more fascinating aspects of the drivers, the new SAT2041 Beta Ti face. What does that mean? SAT2041 stands for Super / Alloy / Titanium / 20% Vanadium / 4% Aluminium / 1% tin and it offers 17% more tensile strength and 8% more flexibility than traditional 6-4Ti. In other words, stronger and faster than previous offerings.

1HP-1024x692.jpg

“Most of our ST200 tour feedback was on the sensory side, a desire for a sound our players generally described as solid or dense,” said Chris Voshall from Mizuno. “We spent the next year...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
They look very nice, great price and awesome shaft options.

Those look very nice. Great tech talk by Vosh. The sound from the video really sounds nice. So many good options out!

Very nice review - like that action on the "X" head.

These drivers sound fantastic and what a great price!

I think I lean towards the X head but both are pretty darn good. They sound good. The price point is fantastic and having @Vosh68 take the swings was fun to watch.

They've made a good looking driver. The price is right and Voshall was getting some good numbers out of them as well. I'd be curious where the ball speeds are in relation to the others out there because based on the hits, he was getting it out there plenty.

They've made a good looking driver. The price is right and Voshall was getting some good numbers out of them as well. I'd be curious where the ball speeds are in relation to the others out there because based on the hits, he was getting it out there plenty.

Speaking to him about this right when the camera went off, he was talking about getting a bit more speed out of this head. He didn't give a number, but it hung with most we threw it up against this week.

Very fun Vid. Vosh has a solid swing..

Great review @Canadan and @Vosh68 ! Love the way Mizuno is pushing the envelope with their metallurgy to develop faster and stronger faces all while fine tuning the sound.

Nice looking drivers, the price should really allow them to get consideration where others might not have before. Like how they emphasize the metals used in there products just like in the irons.

Great video Dan and Vosh

That price!!! Wow.

Sound was great too - not that I’m a sound guy

Great video! @Vosh68 does a tremendous job explaining the designs and tech involved.

Sound isn't that important to me. In any event, this looks like a very good Driver at very good price.

Have to watch this one tonight at home. Have never tried a Mizuno driver.

Great video!! @Vosh68 did a great job (as expected) as breaking down the driver heads. I am really interested in the X, but I want to try both of them. They look great, the price is fantastic and the shaft offerings are amazing. The local fitter is a Mizuno top 100 and I am going to have to get in to see him and give these a test drive.

I feel like we got absolutely spoiled having @Vosh68 hit the product and walk us through the lineup.

Not only does he have a great move, but you can also clearly see the performance aspects of the two heads go to work as he transitions.

will be watching this soon! and that price is amazing.

These drivers look great, well done Mizuno! Always love to see a lower price as well.

Caught it at the end of the video, may have missed it earlier, Vosh said that they have the lighter weight in and can swap with the heavier weight to help with fittings, as a tinkerer will they offer a weight kit or weights separately for purchase?

I feel like we got absolutely spoiled having @Vosh68 hit the product and walk us through the lineup.

Not only does he have a great move, but you can also clearly see the performance aspects of the two heads go to work as he transitions.
Dan, would you say the X would be better for a slice swinger versus the "zed"? ;)

Caught it at the end of the video, may have missed it earlier, Vosh said that they have the lighter weight in and can swap with the heavier weight to help with fittings, as a tinkerer will they offer a weight kit or weights separately for purchase?

As of now I do not believe so.

Dan, would you say the X would be better for a slice swinger versus the "zed"? ;)
STx is your play. Slightly lower spin, slight change in the face to be less open.

Definitely the play.

These drivers really surprised me. Not only do they look and sound great that price is fantastic considering the competitors pricing. If the performance is there how can you not take a look at Mizuno?

Back