Mizuno ST-Z Fairway Woods

:cry: i have a crack in the crown of my st-z

so like 5 or 6 rounds ago i noticed a white streak on the crown of my st-z 5w, near the hosel. it kinda looked like when you hit a tee shot off a white tee and it leaves that streak on the sole, except this was on the crown. i remember trying to clean it and it wouldn't go away. annoying, but doesn't affect performance.

except, i think it did affect performance. because all of a sudden i became kind of erratic with the club. i'd hit what felt like decent shots, but the results were kinda all over the place. today i tried to clean that streak off again, and notice a hairline fracture at the base of the streak. i rubbed my finger over it and you can feel the crack.

that club always has a headcover on it. i haven't dropped it or my bag. i haven't slammed my clubs around. for the life of me i can't recall any blunt force to that club.

i've reached out to mizuno. bummer.

so like 5 or 6 rounds ago i noticed a white streak on the crown of my st-z 5w, near the hosel. it kinda looked like when you hit a tee shot off a white tee and it leaves that streak on the sole, except this was on the crown. i remember trying to clean it and it wouldn't go away. annoying, but doesn't affect performance.

except, i think it did affect performance. because all of a sudden i became kind of erratic with the club. i'd hit what felt like decent shots, but the results were kinda all over the place. today i tried to clean that streak off again, and notice a hairline fracture at the base of the streak. i rubbed my finger over it and you can feel the crack.

that club always has a headcover on it. i haven't dropped it or my bag. i haven't slammed my clubs around. for the life of me i can't recall any blunt force to that club.

Apparently when you swing it as hard as you do, you are goin got crack some stuff 💪

Apparently when you swing it as hard as you do, you are goin got crack some stuff 💪

the crack is at the hosel. based on the way i'm swinging these days, that sounds about right lmao #shankopotamus

Bummer, but I’d bet they’ll take care of it

Dude, that sucks. Hope you can figure it out quickly. :confused:

Because I’m sure this will make it better, haha, I have good news: My 3w shipped today!! Cannot wait to try it out with the Ventus Blue.

Dude, that sucks. Hope you can figure it out quickly. :confused:

Because I’m sure this will make it better, haha, I have good news: My 3w shipped today!! Cannot wait to try it out with the Ventus Blue.

that combo sounds amazing! although i do love the motore f3. i know it's on the softer side, but it's been really good to me.

that combo sounds amazing! although i do love the motore f3. i know it's on the softer side, but it's been really good to me.

Totally blind buy but based on the Blue I have in my driver and Apex 3H, I am pretty excited. I did like the MotoreF3 too, but so probably would have wanted the 60g version.

So, I don’t know that carrying the 3 and 5 behooves me. The 5 with the Kinetixx in it is just obnoxious in how easy to hit it is from tee or turf. Super solid launch numbers, and shocking distance, it’s longer than the SIM 5w was for me last year. :oops:

Man, this 5w setup is so long it’s making me consider going 5w/7w instead of 3/5 :oops:

Thinking it’s time to take the 3w to 16-17 and the 5w to 20, sort of create that 4w/7w setup :unsure:

Thinking it’s time to take the 3w to 16-17 and the 5w to 20, sort of create that 4w/7w setup :unsure:
That won’t shut the face too much for you?

Hit the three wood while killing time at the local shop. Shouldn’t have read this thread after what I was seeing in the bay….

Hit the three wood while killing time at the local shop. Shouldn’t have read this thread after what I was seeing in the bay….

seriously one of the hottest faces in a fairway that i’ve tested in awhile. so much heat in this thing.

seriously one of the hottest faces in a fairway that i’ve tested in awhile. so much heat in this thing.
Yep, the three wood was turned to 16 and I was seeing carry numbers north of 240 on a few which is starting to sneak into driver territory for me.

It’s SIM Ti hot. And that is a massive compliment.

One thing I do know, I’ve got to get a better shaft setup in my 3w. It’s one time where it sucks ive stopped playing 70g+ in my drivers because I don’t have a lot of pulls sitting around!

One thing I do know, I’ve got to get a better shaft setup in my 3w. It’s one time where it sucks ive stopped playing 70g+ in my drivers because I don’t have a lot of pulls sitting around!

I'm in a similar boat - I love the head, not sure I am gelling with the Motore X I put in there. Pondering something LIN-Q, Kinetixx, or Riptide MX.

I'm in a similar boat - I love the head, not sure I am gelling with the Motore X I put in there. Pondering something LIN-Q, Kinetixx, or Riptide MX.

i loved the motore at first, then things got bad. not sure how much of that was the cracked head, though. customer support said their new heads were supposed to come in yesterday, so hopefully my replacement ships this week.

I’m leaning hard AD-DI 7x

What about the Motore has you pondering others compared to how you swing?

I am a huge fan of the look and feel of these- I use mine from the tee and the deeper face is confidence inspiring there. I don't think I've hit it off the ground yet 🤯. But then, I don't hit 3w off the ground much. Biggest complaint is that I have not found a fantastic groove with it. Biggest compliment is that the potential is there if I put a swing on it.

What about the Motore has you pondering others compared to how you swing?

It's one of those just doesn't seems to work for me for whatever reason things. It feels OK, but maybe lacking a little in feedback, like I'm not really feeling it through the swing well, That, and output evidence that I'm not finding club center as well as I would hope/like. It's not like it's unplayable, I just feel like maybe it could be better, particular the feel and finding center part.

Local shop is offering $50 off for Father’s Day…. Ponder mode fully engaged…

Back