Mizuno ST-Z Fairway Woods

This freaking 5 wood you all.

I get into lulls on the course where my club selection is predicated on feeling bored, whereas yesterday I just put this one to work and was reminded why it’s so stinking lethal for me. With the Kinetixx Ballistic in it it’s the easiest launching fairway off the turf or tee I’ve ever hit, ever, which again shocks me given the DEEP face here. But more than that, the ball speeds and spin rates are that of a 3w…out of a FIVE WOOD. :oops:

Add that it launches like a 5w (read, high) but at those data points and look the heck out.

Hmmm, I might need to upgrade my Callaway Epic 3-wood to the mizuno ST-Z I am loving my ST-x driver with UST Helium Black shaft that @DannyLe fitted me in.

Hmmm, I might need to upgrade my Callaway Epic 3-wood to the mizuno ST-Z I am loving my ST-x driver with UST Helium Black shaft that @DannyLe fitted me in.
You won’t regret it! Top end of the bag is Mizuno (OK 11/14) ST series and have been the most solid I’ve ever been hitting fairways and reaching Par 5’s.

Going to buy the 3 wood in 10 minutes!

i'm itching to get my replacement 5w, because i miss the feel and performance it offered. that much launch, with mid spin, and not fearing the hook, is absolute perfection.

I got a new stz 3-wood looks great will need to smack some balls after 1 week plus of hell week at work

finally got my replacement 5w in. sans crack, this thing performs so well. 225 into a par 5, mid tight little draw that went about 15 past the green. 240 to a par 5 out of a little rough, caught it slightly low on the face and finished right in front of the green. i adore this club.

Now tell me again why I don’t just play the 5w more from…well…EVERYWHERE when I can get it to 150’s ball speed even at 18.0 loft? :oops:

I now have 2 rounds in with the 3 with the motore f3 stock shaft. I have it set in standard and the thing is an absolute beast from the tee and very easy to hit off the deck. I have been reading how good they were since this thread popped up and it took until last week before our local shop got any in. 3 wood is usually an area that is a strong part of my game that has been struggling since last season after replacing my 816 16*, I think I have found one that has given me my confidence back. Thanks for all the positive reviews, if they would have gotten a 5 wood in I may have jumped on that one instead but I am happy with my 3 wood choice

I am late to the party on this fwy and with this thread. It seems like nothing but positive feedback on these, regardless of where I look. They are now hard to come by, though.

I’m also late but ordered a 3 and 5. Let’s see when they get here.

I am late to the party on this fwy and with this thread. It seems like nothing but positive feedback on these, regardless of where I look. They are now hard to come by, though.
The 5w is Amazing. Honestly, it made the 3w a little redundant for me and thus that one got shelved.

Can I ask a favour. Can someone please take a picture of the 5w at address to a golf ball, turned down to the lower setting. My bad miss is to the right and im unsure how my head would cope with the face being so far open.
Absolutely no rush and a very big thanks in advance.

Can I ask a favour. Can someone please take a picture of the 5w at address to a golf ball, turned down to the lower setting. My bad miss is to the right and im unsure how my head would cope with the face being so far open.
Absolutely no rush and a very big thanks in advance.
Don’t have a picture at the moment, but I can tell you set to 16 it only looks a bit open, not crazy.

Don’t have a picture at the moment, but I can tell you set to 16 it only looks a bit open, not crazy.
I didn’t realize you could crank it down by 2 degrees. Am I correct in saying that most only go a degree and a half down (although many, such as Callaway, allow you to increase loft by 2 degrees)?

I didn’t realize you could crank it down by 2 degrees. Am I correct in saying that most only go a degree and a half down (although many, such as Callaway, allow you to increase loft by 2 degrees)?
Depends on the adapter being used, but for many yeah its usually 1.5.

The Mizzy adapter has 4* of adjustability, and can also go 3* upright.

This freaking 5 wood you all.

I get into lulls on the course where my club selection is predicated on feeling bored, whereas yesterday I just put this one to work and was reminded why it’s so stinking lethal for me. With the Kinetixx Ballistic in it it’s the easiest launching fairway off the turf or tee I’ve ever hit, ever, which again shocks me given the DEEP face here. But more than that, the ball speeds and spin rates are that of a 3w…out of a FIVE WOOD. :oops:

Add that it launches like a 5w (read, high) but at those data points and look the heck out.

The 5 wood is among about 4 options I want to try with my coach for the one spot left in my bag. I like that it can be lofted down to also help fight the lefts which has become my main miss.

The 5 wood is among about 4 options I want to try with my coach for the one spot left in my bag. I like that it can be lofted down to also help fight the lefts which has become my main miss.
I don't think you'll find a better option out there for what you are seeking. Jeff from Mizuno plays the 5W as his lone fairway set to 16 (-2) for that reason, its anti left, and its long and easy to hit from tee or turf. Its still the best fairway wood I have hit this year.

Depends on the adapter being used, but for many yeah its usually 1.5.

The Mizzy adapter has 4* of adjustability, and can also go 3* upright.
It surely makes a lot of sense to me why you and others say that a 3 wood becomes redundant. At 16 degrees, you certainly are at 4 wood territory, if not a weak lofted 3 wood. I like that a lot. I am in hard ponder mode. Some of you guys are so hard on my pocket book.

I should pick up an ST-z. While I love my ST190 3w & 5w, I'd like to play a 16 or 16.5 and only carry it as my 1 FW.

i want to pick up a mizuno FW or driver at some point...ponders.

i’ve never found a better fairway wood to protect against the left miss. i love the stz. it also looks and feels amazing.

It surely makes a lot of sense to me why you and others say that a 3 wood becomes redundant. At 16 degrees, you certainly are at 4 wood territory, if not a weak lofted 3 wood. I like that a lot. I am in hard ponder mode. Some of you guys are so hard on my pocket book.
Its the main reason I got the new mini, the 5w lofted down is just a monster frankenstein like 4W for me more than a 5W.

Its the main reason I got the new mini, the 5w lofted down is just a monster frankenstein like 4W for me more than a 5W.
That makes a lot of sense.

Back