Mizuno ST180 Driver and Fairway Wood

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw these clubs on Rock Bottom Golf and wondered if anyone has any information on them. I saw that the expected ship date is 11/1/2017.

Interesting design and they seem to be moving away from the moveable weights from the JPX series woods.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got pics?

Saw these clubs on Rock Bottom Golf and wondered if anyone has any information on them. I saw that the expected ship date is 11/1/2017.

Interesting design and they seem to be moving away from the moveable weights from the JPX series woods.

Just checked out RBG... That's a gorgeous looking club!

Picture from the USGA conforming club site
b0a3e119a233e6a1e4bda1aff30cae63.jpg

Just checked it out. It looks nice and has a mix of tech from mizzuno and a few other clubs.

Looks like a whole lot less adjustability than what was in the JPX 900 driver - which had basically everything adjustable.

mizuno_st180_driver.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good! Too bad no one is carrying Mizuno around me anymore. Only keeping a demo cart for irons. I’d definitely give this one a shot at the back. I love blue drivers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOxFhWjVoAADDx_.jpg

I'd hit them.

Hard.

I'd hit them.

Hard.

Yeah, they look really, really good. Might be the first Mizzy driver I try since the MP-600. That's going back quite a ways. That thing spun like a top for me (swing-related), but their fast track usage was pretty cool.

Yeah, they look really, really good. Might be the first Mizzy driver I try since the MP-600. That's going back quite a ways. That thing spun like a top for me (swing-related), but their fast track usage was pretty cool.
Ummmmmmmm you tried my 850...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ummmmmmmm you tried my 850...

"tried" for me is more than hitting it a few times. Cmon, you know me better than that when it comes to club ho-ing. LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"tried" for me is more than hitting it a few times. Cmon, you know me better than that when it comes to club ho-ing. LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ha I've seen clubs come into your bag and be gone before the next round....

Ha I've seen clubs come into your bag and be gone before the next round....

True story there lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Spending some time learning more about these clubs and really want to get a three wood in hand for some extended reps. One of my biggest club swaps over the last couple years has been the three wood, as I just can't seem to be neutral enough to avoid big spin numbers. As this club seems to be geared directly toward someone like me, it's a ponder that will probably need to be satisfied.

Anyone else hitting them and have full thoughts? I've spent some time with Mizuno offerings in the recent past and loved them, but they never got 'over the top' enough to linger in the bag.

Spending some time learning more about these clubs and really want to get a three wood in hand for some extended reps. One of my biggest club swaps over the last couple years has been the three wood, as I just can't seem to be neutral enough to avoid big spin numbers. As this club seems to be geared directly toward someone like me, it's a ponder that will probably need to be satisfied.

Anyone else hitting them and have full thoughts? I've spent some time with Mizuno offerings in the recent past and loved them, but they never got 'over the top' enough to linger in the bag.

And off to the "bay" I go. I, like you, are still looking for a the ultimate 3W.
Like that they come with the Tensei Blue Shaft.

And off to the "bay" I go. I, like you, are still looking for a the ultimate 3W.
Like that they come with the Tensei Blue Shaft.

I call that an 'insta-pull' lol

Wonder how durable the adapters are.

I call that an 'insta-pull' lol

Wonder how durable the adapters are.
They're as durable as any other. I've pulled several of them.

Would love to try these fairways. I blame Dan.

Would love to try these fairways. I blame Dan.

In two weeks, you can.

ST 180 in hand.. Just debating on shaft now. Despite how poorly i get along with stock shafts, the tensei blue can even perform.

I am so excited to get this optimized. It's so straight.

Rumor has is a HL ST180 driver head with a crown blemish was acquired for a steal and is going to be messed around with today to see the numbers at some silly high lofts.

Back