Mizuno T Zoid Comp EZ irons

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Couldn't help myself. Few days ago coming home from dinner, I saw a guy who had emptied his garage onto his driveway so I stopped. Walked up and said Hi, and asked if he was cleaning out the garage and putting things back that he wanted to keep and have a garage sale with what's left. He said Yep. Saw a bag of clubs and checked them out. 3 thru PW of MIzuno T Zoid Comp EZ irons in real good shape, a little bag clatter but in great shape. True Temper Dynalite Gold Sensicore R300 shafts and great Lamkin crossline grips. I asked if he selling and how much. He said $100, I said I have 4 $20 bills in my wallet, he said SOLD. The steel shafts are 122 grams and I've been playing 60 to 70 gram graphite shafts lately, but I figured I'd give em a go. Took them to Golf Galaxy to get them bent 2 deg stronger and 2 deg flat. When I picked them up they said the lofts are where I want them but the lie was 3 deg upright. It pays to check used clubs when you buy them. Thankfully the MIzuno's are forged and the lie is now 2 deg flat from standard. Played them Wednesday and today. I have NEVER hit a better, softer feeling iron in 63 years of golfing. I thought the Hogan Edge irons I played years ago were the softest, but memory fades over time and these irons are pure money. A little short but I just club up one iron and hit it. The new Speedzone irons are not in play for now.

I'm guessing these Comp EZ irons came after the T Zoid and T Zoid Pro irons, more of a slightly larger head, more perimeter weighting iron.

3 and 4 irons

3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons d.jpg

3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons c.jpg

3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons b.jpg

8 iron. Sorry for the fuzzy pic

3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons a.jpg

Attachments

• 3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons c.jpg
    3 19 21 T Zoid Comp EZ irons c.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
I used to have a set of those. They were and are a very good set of forgiving forged clubs.

Back