Mizuno T20 Wedges

I've had the S18 wedges (54-58) since this past Feb and LOVE them. This release has me pondering very hard. Daughter has the blue and are beautiful and has held up really good. If I lean this way, I'd probably go blue. They are just sharp looking.

Looks like I’ll have these in hand Monday to begin the review!

These came in last night.

Maybe the most elegant looking wedges I have seen in a long time. Simple, clean, and my goodness the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiines of the shape.

Photo time tonight!

I'll be following this thread with lots of interest. Gaming 919 Forged this year for my first Mizuno irons and these might have to be next. Have the 919 GW which is 51 deg so love that I can custom order a 55/60 set for no upcharge. Would love to hear any comparisons to the other new wedges this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These came in last night.

Maybe the most elegant looking wedges I have seen in a long time. Simple, clean, and my goodness the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiines of the shape.

Photo time tonight!
Looking forward to this! Wedge upgrade needed early next year!

Looking forward to this! Wedge upgrade needed early next year!
I'm not even sure my pics will do them justice, and my pics are preeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttyyyyyyy salty.

They're just impeccable looking IMO.

I'm not even sure my pics will do them justice, and my pics are preeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttyyyyyyy salty.

They're just impeccable looking IMO.
If you say these hit anywhere near where I think in my head they are going to hit/feel then these will be super high on my list. Looking forward to it.

If you say these hit anywhere near where I think in my head they are going to hit/feel then these will be super high on my list. Looking forward to it.
Hopefully I get them out tomorrow if I can get the pic's done tonight.

Will probably work with the Blue one 95% of the time so I can really get a feel for the wear.

Ready to get my Boron on and bring some feedback, hahaha!

Just ordered the 50 and 54. 54 in raw and the 50 in the blue ion since lower lofts aren't available in raw yet. Ordered site unseen but glad all the reviews are good about shape and profile. Have the MP 20's coming, so assuming the shapes will flow nicely from PW to 50.

Absolutely great looking wedge! Love the Blue Ion! Wondering what is the effect on ball contact with this Hydro flow grooves with and without moisture present?

Absolutely great looking wedge! Love the Blue Ion! Wondering what is the effect on ball contact with this Hydro flow grooves with and without moisture present?
Something I plan on trying to look at. I know it’s a big part of their message on these wedges.

I liked the analogy you used with the tires but we’re talking micro grooves.... honestly how much moisture can these move.... rhetorically speaking...
Definitely interested in hearing about this once in your hands

Oh hey, the correct thread.....

Apologies on the slight delay for these picture wise, I negated to charge ANY of my 6 batteries for my camera....rookie move!

Anywho, pictures got taken last night, but I didn't have time to edit anything. Will get that done this evening.

I have a couple thoughts beyond the aesthetics:

1) The face is clean and simple, with the use of Boron, Mizuno is claiming much much more durability than a normal forged wedge, we will see. Compared to the RTX4/CBX2 mega aggressive face millings, these are simple and straight forward. I kinda dig that.

2) I actually think the work/research Mizzy did on bounce is crazy interesting, that most companies wedges tested HIGHER than stated bounce for them, and that was part of the reason for simplifying their bounce/grind options here. I've only got the 56, so I won't be able to dive much into that, but a keen eye will be kept on turf interaction.

I liked the analogy you used with the tires but we’re talking micro grooves.... honestly how much moisture can these move.... rhetorically speaking...
Definitely interested in hearing about this once in your hands
Based on some of the other testing out there I have seen, a good bit, both these and the Glide 3.0's are getting high praise there.

I have not found many reviews of these wedges. I've seen a lot more info come out on other new wedge releases (e.g., Jaws, Glide 3, MG2). They look fantastic and my experiences playing MP18s and testing MP20s/919s has these high on my ponder list. My MD3 wedges are in their final days ...

This is called....a tease.

DSC00918-XL.jpg

These look great in person. Really like the stock S400s and Zcord grips. I just wish they made the heads a little larger. Just breeds a touch more confidence me thinks....

These look great in person. Really like the stock S400s and Zcord grips. I just wish they made the heads a little larger. Just breeds a touch more confidence me thinks....

While true, its not really Mizuno's bag when it comes to wedges. Big story for them with the profile of these is that they flow into the MP20 lineup visually absolutely seamlessly.

While true, its not really Mizuno's bag when it comes to wedges. Big story for them with the profile of these is that they flow into the MP20 lineup visually absolutely seamlessly.

I was a huge fan of the R12 wedges and those had a perfect head size for my eye. I guess I see the theory of blending into the sets. They are a bit more of a match to the MB than the HMB though, particlarly looking down at the gw anyway. Pretty wedges, no doubt they will be a hit I think.

Back