Mizuno T20 Wedges

I was a huge fan of the R12 wedges and those had a perfect head size for my eye. I guess I see the theory of blending into the sets. They are a bit more of a match to the MB than the HMB though, particlarly looking down at the gw anyway. Pretty wedges, no doubt they will be a hit I think.

I agree with this 1 million percent.

I look forward to eventually comparing the sizes to the HMB’s when those arrive ;)

I saw these in the store yesterday - I actually really like the blue. They did have some raw ones available also, which is what I would have gone with if I was getting this line. I recently got a couple gunmetal Mizuno wedges and am loving them so far. They have a more solid feel/sound than my previous PING Gorge wedges.

I look forward to eventually comparing the sizes to the HMB’s when those arrive ;)

I was glad to be able to do that with all three of the Mizuno heads. They blend well, but I do see what @DNice26 is saying as they match extremely well with the MB and even MMC. That R line of wedges was a fun differentiator they had for those looking for a different foot print. Love size choices and am so glad to see so many companies doing it now. I suspect if wedges pick up for the company, that they will be able to allocate for options again.

DSC00920-XL.jpg

DSC00936-XL.jpg

This is all the review I need! :love:

I'm nervous coming from the MD4's the size difference between them.
I'll see if I can get you an outside size comparison Nate.

Man, that blue is so damn cool :cool:

Hit these a little bit today, well, hit the Blue one a bit as I want to try to push the wear a bit on that one for the review versus the satin where we know what it’ll do.

The feel is pretty killer. Nice plush sound, great feedback to the hands.

It definitely spun....just like a new wedge. Haha

More on that as I break it in a little.

Stopped in the local PGA SS today and these wedges are impressive in their setup. I also did a quick check of the size of them. And @JB, I think @Jman is spot on. The 50 gw seems to setup larger than the HMB Pw. When I looked at them last week separately, I recalled the HMB being larger. Below are a few pics I took.
in the three wedge shot, the 50 wedge is in the middle and the HMB PW is left and the MP20 PW is right. In the second pic, left is 50 wedge and right is MP20 PW.
These wedges are lookers! The more I look at them, the more they impress me. Really like the stock shaft offering and grip. :unsure:

Attachments

• 16B513FE-BC2E-46BD-AE7A-993B8BFAB568.jpeg
    16B513FE-BC2E-46BD-AE7A-993B8BFAB568.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 13040780-2E3B-41A9-A597-BD0655CE2E3A.jpeg
    13040780-2E3B-41A9-A597-BD0655CE2E3A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
Hit these a little bit today, well, hit the Blue one a bit as I want to try to push the wear a bit on that one for the review versus the satin where we know what it’ll do.

The feel is pretty killer. Nice plush sound, great feedback to the hands.

It definitely spun....just like a new wedge. Haha

More on that as I break it in a little.

If that blue holds up I’ll be impressed.

If that blue holds up I’ll be impressed.
I’m gonna put it through the wringer.

That said, it just can’t hold up long term, not on the sole and face at least.

DSC00940-XL.jpg

Any pics of the other finish?

Any pics of the other finish?
Of course, and I've posted a duo image that has it in there. The blue is simply more photogenic under the lights. Their satin is always a bit of a bear to nail down when by itself.

Oh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai! :)

DSC00919-XL.jpg

Really thinking hard about the blue

I’m really digging the feel/sound off these.

Say what you will about the Mizuno Forged feel talk, sayings, and whatnot....they really do usually have an amazing feel/sound for those of us who that is a big factor.

Through impact in the yard last night just hitting some 50 yard pitches with one of the 56’s I have it’s a look that I think many will love. The profile is pretty slick and the fact that it’ll flow so well from all the MP20’s as Dnice saw is going to do nothing but help Mizzy because that release is going to be a biggie for them which will potentially mean more wedges bought too. They’re not going to ever be a “wedge company” but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good.

I’m really digging the feel/sound off these.

Say what you will about the Mizuno Forged feel talk, sayings, and whatnot....they really do usually have an amazing feel/sound for those of us who that is a big factor.

Through impact in the yard last night just hitting some 50 yard pitches with one of the 56’s I have it’s a look that I think many will love. The profile is pretty slick and the fact that it’ll flow so well from all the MP20’s as Dnice saw is going to do nothing but help Mizzy because that release is going to be a biggie for them which will potentially mean more wedges bought too. They’re not going to ever be a “wedge company” but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good.
Have you had a chance to chip and pitch with the sw and lw? I’m just curious what you think of the grind and turf interaction.

Have you had a chance to chip and pitch with the sw and lw? I’m just curious what you think of the grind and turf interaction.
I have two 56’s for the review, that way we can give a look and feedback on the two finishes.

I’ve only chipped indoors with it for any decent length of time, I’ll have them out to practice tomorrow though. So I’ll def have some more thoughts then.

The pitches I mentioned in the last post had no issues.

While I know the lack of grind options will be a bummer for some, Mizzy really did do their research on what’s been most popular out there grind wise beyond just their brand and took it into consideration.

Man I kind of want one just for that blue finish! What a great looking club.

Little update.

I got around to checking the loft and lie of both wedges on the Mitchell L&L and they came in spot on factory specs.

Also bent them upright for the review since that’s my fit, and they weren’t as super soft to bend as I anticipated. Additionally, no marring on the hole of the blue ones finish from the bend or bending bar so that’s a win.

Little update.

I got around to checking the loft and lie of both wedges on the Mitchell L&L and they came in spot on factory specs.

Also bent them upright for the review since that’s my fit, and they weren’t as super soft to bend as I anticipated. Additionally, no marring on the hole of the blue ones finish from the bend or bending bar so that’s a win.
Little nudge to this because I know some are always curious about stock specs accuracy and such.

Also, will get some good time in with them today finally, hopefully some full and half swing numbers too, hopefully!

Back