Mizuno T20 Wedges

I’m really digging the feel/sound off these.

Say what you will about the Mizuno Forged feel talk, sayings, and whatnot....they really do usually have an amazing feel/sound for those of us who that is a big factor.

Through impact in the yard last night just hitting some 50 yard pitches with one of the 56’s I have it’s a look that I think many will love. The profile is pretty slick and the fact that it’ll flow so well from all the MP20’s as Dnice saw is going to do nothing but help Mizzy because that release is going to be a biggie for them which will potentially mean more wedges bought too. They’re not going to ever be a “wedge company” but that doesn’t mean they can’t be good.
Good to hear about the sound. What do you think of the face/grooves having the non blue coating at address? Distracting or easy to get use to? Any difference in the weight of the head compared to others wedges you've used?

Good to hear about the sound. What do you think of the face/grooves having the non blue coating at address? Distracting or easy to get use to? Any difference in the weight of the head compared to others wedges you've used?
Not distracting at all, and they do have a blue hue to them still, I'll get an on the course shot today to try and show it off.

Good solid overall weight, I'll put them on the SW scale soon though to give an actual number. No issues feeling the head for me.

Never hit a Mizuno wedge before. These seem like the right ones to do it with. The new Hydro Cut Micro Grooves seem like a great addition/improvement to the Quad cut they already have.

Also that ion blue is ????

Man, I had some fun with this one today.

No LM time as I was tidying up some last minute data there before the PX event this week.

That said, I really put it to work, full swings, partial, wide open face, bunker.

Feel is really good, like, really really good. Maybe a touch more firm at impact than I think some might expect, but still quite dense.

Spin was great, but they’re new grooves so that’s still expected. Out of the bunker though man there was some serious stickem going on.

Interaction so far is so good, I know it’s only one loft/sole in hand here for this, but even then it’s been versatile and I hit a hell of a flop with it today.

Anyone have any Q’s?

Little morning bump for the update last night, I know it kind of gets buried in all the other conversations right now.

I’m going to grab a picture of the blue wedge and the wear it’s got so far from the bunkers and general use. Some light scuffing from the sand, which is expected, but not bad really, particularly when you know it HAS to wear.

JMan....just to throw a question out there. Watching a recent youtube video has me interested in wedge forgiveness vertically on the face of a wedge.

Did you happen to feel like you could notice and variation in the forgiveness of the wedges when struck low vs. high on the face? Just curious....I'm sure it isn't easy to notice much given the small sample size.

I guess this theory has me a little more interested in the glide wedges in terms of perimeter weighting etc.. Just curious of your thoughts on that. Thank you.

JMan....just to throw a question out there. Watching a recent youtube video has me interested in wedge forgiveness vertically on the face of a wedge.

Did you happen to feel like you could notice and variation in the forgiveness of the wedges when struck low vs. high on the face? Just curious....I'm sure it isn't easy to notice much given the small sample size.

I guess this theory has me a little more interested in the glide wedges in terms of perimeter weighting etc.. Just curious of your thoughts on that. Thank you.
That’s coming back to how they’ve tried to manipulate the CG of the wedges with mass movement, on the side profile you can notice it’s almost got a scoopback look to it with slightly thicker build at the top, narrowing in the middle, and wide again at the sole.

It’s a concept we are seeing a lot of companies use now, the new TM wedges do something similar.

In the end, imo, a bladed wedge can only do so much. High on the face you’ll still see a spin drop regardless, though I’m ready to get this one on the GC2 to try and see just how much.

What I can tell you there so far is I’ve not had anything stick out to me as overly surprising. It’s something I’ll surely keep an eye on for you though.

Man, I had some fun with this one today.

No LM time as I was tidying up some last minute data there before the PX event this week.

That said, I really put it to work, full swings, partial, wide open face, bunker.

Feel is really good, like, really really good. Maybe a touch more firm at impact than I think some might expect, but still quite dense.

Spin was great, but they’re new grooves so that’s still expected. Out of the bunker though man there was some serious stickem going on.

Interaction so far is so good, I know it’s only one loft/sole in hand here for this, but even then it’s been versatile and I hit a hell of a flop with it today.

Anyone have any Q’s?
I stumbled across a review by accident (got lost in the YouTube verse as I started out searching for brisket videos....LOL) that used the same work, "firm". I find it odd because these are forged irons and not cast. You would think that the forged would give you that nice butter feel like many of the irons do. I'm not harping on it but I guess it's one of those things that you never know till you hit something. For the record, I actually like wedges that are on the firmer/clicky side.

I stumbled across a review by accident (got lost in the YouTube verse as I started out searching for brisket videos....LOL) that used the same work, "firm". I find it odd because these are forged irons and not cast. You would think that the forged would give you that nice butter feel like many of the irons do. I'm not harping on it but I guess it's one of those things that you never know till you hit something. For the record, I actually like wedges that are on the firmer/clicky side.
It'll be more firm than one expects going in, but I definitely wouldn't call it anywhere near Titleist style clicky or anything for what its worth. I believe the Boron is a big part of this, adds a little firmness overall for durability and I think thats a fair exchange for most.

I really truly appreciate the gear conversation Nate, thank you for hopping in here good sir.

I have the S18 Wedge in Blue and it was one of the better perfoming wedges for me this year.
Have a 54* and getting out of a bunker is just so easy.
I'll post the wear on the sole for those who are looking at the blue.

These will be with me in cali if any of the boys in the PX event want to give them a go, would be cool to get their feedback too.

Oh, and this seems ok?

708F5E3E-A0CB-4006-918E-49C4018B471F.jpeg

Oh hey, the correct thread.....

Apologies on the slight delay for these picture wise, I negated to charge ANY of my 6 batteries for my camera....rookie move!

Anywho, pictures got taken last night, but I didn't have time to edit anything. Will get that done this evening.

I have a couple thoughts beyond the aesthetics:

1) The face is clean and simple, with the use of Boron, Mizuno is claiming much much more durability than a normal forged wedge, we will see. Compared to the RTX4/CBX2 mega aggressive face millings, these are simple and straight forward. I kinda dig that.

2) I actually think the work/research Mizzy did on bounce is crazy interesting, that most companies wedges tested HIGHER than stated bounce for them, and that was part of the reason for simplifying their bounce/grind options here. I've only got the 56, so I won't be able to dive much into that, but a keen eye will be kept on turf interaction.
Which bounce did you select, and why? Just curious. Also any thoughts on the grind if the sole, and heel relief? If any.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Which bounce did you select, and why? Just curious. Also any thoughts on the grind if the sole, and heel relief? If any.

I don’t select clubs for review, it’s just what’s sent. I’ve got the standard 56.10.

The list of Loft and Bounce options is impressive.

So many options, it's so hard to choose... Just one.

I guess I will have to order at least 4. Lol.
12acbaf3bd20d35423f86e23e7d30d06.jpg

I couldn't resist. Picked up a blue to go with my HMB's.

I couldn't resist. Picked up a blue to go with my HMB's.
Sweet, how could you not really...they deserve each other! Lol

Looking forward to settling in with some Foresight GC2 time with these now that I have broken them in a bit to get that new wedge spin a little more tamed perhaps for a better look at things data wise.

Also, the blue is holding up well, better than I expected even with a good number of bunker shots on it now, some brushing and scuffing on the sole, but nothing crazy, and honestly the decision to do the contrasting face the way they have was smart and hides where most of the initial wear would be.

Performance wise, I'm curious to see the numbers but distance wise they're perhaps a little short for me, part of that could be me being stubbornly used to a 54 and not a 56, but I want to see the data to be sure. Feel remains on the firm side for me, but again, it isn't clicky, just not as dense as I think many might be expecting.

Hoping to shoot some pics of the wear to include in the review, also going to shoot a little video rundown of the heads as well like was done with the Elevado and GP Tour Only grips.

We could have used The New Mizuno T-20 Wedges today. The greens were running 11 - 12. Hard, Sun Baked and Fast at Oak Quarry, Southern California.

But with views like this one, hardly anyone can complain.
03ef7babe6c492c1ee1ff61e34381d4e.jpg

Not distracting at all, and they do have a blue hue to them still, I'll get an on the course shot today to try and show it off.

Good solid overall weight, I'll put them on the SW scale soon though to give an actual number. No issues feeling the head for me.
First read this as the Sand Wedge scale :LOL:
Thought: what a specialized piece of equipment???

Who Says Chrome Can't Bring you Happiness?
c664a337d09a6885be1bab7df82dca0c.jpg

Can someone toss the link to the new review thread up in here for everyone? I would but I’m mobile!

Back