Mizuno T22 Wedges

Just spec checked my wedges. All dead nuts..

I’m wondering what the raw look like now.
I’m a sucker for copper or the look of copper. But I’m really interested in hope the raw rust, how consistent the look is, etc. I might have gone raw in the gap wedge if there was a do over. But still I’d likely have gone copper!!

Here is my MP20 raw after a few months. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

MP20 Head.jpg

MP20s?, those are passé:ROFLMAO: Yea of the rust isn’t consistent than that, no way I’d go raw.

I did not try to grow a patina. Hit them, dried them off, put them back in the bag.

I did not try to grow a patina. Hit them, dried them off, put them back in the bag.
You need to grow a pair, i mean patina. :ROFLMAO:

You need to grow a pair, i mean patina. :ROFLMAO:

I will clean the T20's up, the 55 and 59, and send them to my older son - they are the shafts he likes Pro Modus 125 wedge.

I hit some great sand shots last week and that's unusual. These T22's have it. My chipping was excellent. These did not stick on that bermuda - I was impressed.

I agree. I found them easy to work with, albeit a bit lighter then my old wedges. These are in the bag for a good king while.

I played with a buddy today. Probably shouldn’t have but I have a feeling the doc is going to tell me no golf for a couple months after the MRI so why not. I won’t comment on the driver. My driver swing is just not there with my shoulder so I used driving irons all day on a shorter course anyway.

The T22s……. I am falling in love with these wedges. They are shockingly soft. Doesn’t matter what lie or type of shot they just feel like hitting a cloud as @JDax would say. The faces seem hot to me too. In a good way though. Just feels like a nice mellow easy swing will send the ball long.

They are very workable. I had to hit a pretty wide push draw today and easily pushed it way out right and drew it right back to the pin. One of the prettiest shot shapes you want to see.

I really have a lot of confidence in these already. It was slow on the course early with the seniors out playing this morning in foursomes and us just as a twosome. This let me tinker with the wedges around the greens from different lies. The rough on this particular course is kind of fluffy and the ball likes to sit up on top it. I had an easy time hitting some nice little flop shots out of that. It is a lie I love and hate with my old wedges. My old wedges sometimes it was great and other times I could cut right under the ball and go nowhere. But every time I tried it with the T22 it was just easy and perfect.

Chipping was a breeze with these. I used all three today and while I usually prefer a little higher softer landing chip shot, I did have to hit some lower chips today too. Both were automatic. I never holed one but came close a bunch of times.

Pitching is rapidly becoming one of my favorite shots. I never really did much true pitching until recently and these wedges are so easy to hit nice smooth pitches it makes it even more fun. As I said though, the faces seem hot and I am more likely to miss a touch long right now because the ball just wants to jump off the face. I am sure I will adjust to the distances soon enough.

I swear I want to buy like 4 more sets and just put them away somewhere with the plastic on them and every time I need new wedges just go grab a set. It could just be a honeymoon phase but these are definitely the best wedges I have ever hit so far. I think a lot of people will fall in love with them if they give them a try. I know a lot of Mizuno pros skipped the T20 wedges and I don’t think any have them in play on tour but I suspect that changes quickly with the T22s.

I played with a buddy today. Probably shouldn’t have but I have a feeling the doc is going to tell me no golf for a couple months after the MRI so why not. I won’t comment on the driver. My driver swing is just not there with my shoulder so I used driving irons all day on a shorter course anyway.

The T22s……. I am falling in love with these wedges. They are shockingly soft. Doesn’t matter what lie or type of shot they just feel like hitting a cloud as @JDax would say. The faces seem hot to me too. In a good way though. Just feels like a nice mellow easy swing will send the ball long.

They are very workable. I had to hit a pretty wide push draw today and easily pushed it way out right and drew it right back to the pin. One of the prettiest shot shapes you want to see.

I really have a lot of confidence in these already. It was slow on the course early with the seniors out playing this morning in foursomes and us just as a twosome. This let me tinker with the wedges around the greens from different lies. The rough on this particular course is kind of fluffy and the ball likes to sit up on top it. I had an easy time hitting some nice little flop shots out of that. It is a lie I love and hate with my kid wedges. My kid wedges sometimes it was great and other times I could cut right under the ball and go nowhere. But every time I tried it with the T22 it was just easy and perfect.

Chipping was a breeze with these. I used all three today and while I usually prefer a little higher softer landing chip shot, I did have to hit some lower chips today too. Both were automatic. I never hoped one but came close a bunch of times.

Pitching is rapidly becoming one of my favorite shots. I never really did much true pitching until recently and these wedges are so easy to hit nice smooth pitches it makes it even more fun. As I said though, the faces seem hot and I am more likely to miss a touch long right now because the ball just wants to jump off the face. I am sure I will adjust to the distances soon enough.

I swear I want to buy like 4 more sets and just put them away somewhere with the plastic on them and every time I need new wedges just go grab a set. It could just be a honeymoon phase but these are definitely the best wedges I have ever hit so far. I think a lot of people will fall in love with them if they give them a try. I know a lot of Mizuno pros skipped the T20 wedges and I don’t think any have them in play on tour but I suspect that changes quickly with the T22s.

you're doing a damn good job of spending my money for me. these are calling my name when it comes time to replace.

you're doing a damn good job of spending my money for me. these are calling my name when it comes time to replace.
You won’t regret it. I have always been not so great a wedge player and leaned towards more forgiving wedges like a Ping Glide or CBX. I find these just as easy to hit but much more playable. I really can’t get over how soft they feel. I think my playing partner today got tired of hearing me comment on how soft they were.

True love. Give me all the patina.

4B83D19C-C7F4-4ED7-94C5-D00188FB52E6.jpeg

Funny. The T22's are soft. I keep on saying that because they are so different in copper than the T20. I held up my Artisans and T22s to check out bounce differences, and except for the beveled leading edge on the Artisans, the grinds were similar. And they were excellent out of the bunkers. Even holed another chip with them and my chipping all weekend was excellent ... almost holed one out of the bunker and more on long chips... and did I say they were soft?

If you can decipher the right grind, and I could only do that because I asked the fitter at Artisan, which Mizuno grinds should I get, then these are pretty damn good. Sweet.

Well, looks like Neil young was right, mostly in sc and ok, Rusty never sleeps. But it takes a long nap in nv!?

Please please please forgive my ignorance here as I’m somewhat new to golf, but you are talking about rust on a club being beneficial other than not having a glare?

Isn’t the general philosophy on wedges is to replace them more often due to their grooves wearing out? Therefore the longer you have a club, sure, it will rust more over time, but won’t its grooves also be more worn out?

I have always been not so great a wedge player and leaned towards more forgiving wedges like a Ping Glide or CBX. I find these just as easy to hit but much more playable.

Oh man these have me licking my chops. That’s an extremely relatable feeling

Please please please forgive my ignorance here as I’m somewhat new to golf, but you are talking about rust on a club being beneficial other than not having a glare?

Isn’t the general philosophy on wedges is to replace them more often due to their grooves wearing out? Therefore the longer you have a club, sure, it will rust more over time, but won’t its grooves also be more worn out?

Rust does not provide any benefit past aesthetics. But, raw wedges that are not plated have the tightest edge radius’s so new raw wedges have the highest potential for spin. That is because the grooves are cut before plating and the plating softens the edges radius a bit.

raw wedges are also more easy to grind and alter bounce if you so choose. Most don’t past tour guys. But the option is there. patina looks cool, and reduces glare.

These wedges - trust them and they work deliver - feel performance, etc. I hit the 54 with a lot of bounce, opened it and hit out of very wet sand/almost hardpan - packed smooth - to 3 ft - shot was about 30 ft total and had some action on it. I shortsided myself on 12, took the 58 out of high grass, opened it up - total of about 10 ft to the hole. Trusted the club and swing, hit the pin, shot stopped 6 inches out. Hit a few poorly too, but the strength of the hit was good and the result was not nearly as poor as would be expected (thin shots).

I cannot see other wedges taking these slots over - maybe T24?

Back