Mizuno T22 Wedges

Little wedge work.

3DD613FE-D10F-4284-B0EC-A01B878E8526.jpeg1C45607A-20B9-4BD1-967F-62BCB91624B2.jpeg

lmao what is that backspin you must have taken a whack with that 60 degree

:love::love::love::love:D8842932-6457-4C38-96BE-38904E2EB4BC.jpeg5460D6E6-DBA4-4A88-8C21-C0BC1012EA02.jpegCED42F64-D301-4683-B21D-B25B091BA8DC.jpegA689419F-3F31-4D34-82BA-A0CCE008DFAB.jpegE71F2060-CA31-4850-A296-9D9E7D930CA4.jpegD765C4ED-2D04-48D0-87FF-67315362AFE2.jpeg
I’ll have a lot of performance thoughts tonight, but I thought I’d share how well they’re beginning to grow patina.

The speed that this has happened at is honestly remarkable. Have you noticed other raw wedges rust at a similar pace, without help?

The speed that this has happened at is honestly remarkable. Have you noticed other raw wedges rust at a similar pace, without help?
Yup, this is pretty standard for the humidity we were in there, and that I’ve got here.

Got out with the kiddo today for what I suspect might be my last round for a while after I see the doc Monday. Started out playing excellent. Hit every single fairway with my 2 off the tee on the front 9. Then my body got a bit whacky and started trying to protect itself and I basically could not hit anything longer then a 7i. Trust me, a combination of a recently watered fairway and me trying to force a 4I swing resulted in me finding myself looking up at the clouds on the par 5 16th. I smoked that 4I though 🤣

Anyway, the highlight of the entire round was the T-22 wedges. I honestly used to lay up to PW or 9i range on par 5s because I just did not feel comfortable enough in my wedge play to go deeper. This has completely changed. I WANT to be in wedge range. I NEED to be in wedge range. I LOVE ❤ to be in wedge range. Yes I have been working on my wedge game for a couple months now which is certainly part of that but adding these wedges to the bag has just changed everything.

I know I can put a ball close with one in my hand. I know I can work it as much as I want. I know I can hit the numbers I want. I feel like every time I have one in my hand I have a chance of putting the ball in the hole.

I have gone from hating being in GW range because I have just never had one I felt like I could rely on to my new favorite club in my bag being the 49* T-22. I stepped on a short par 3 today and I totally had in my mind it was going in the hole before I ever got out the cart. It didn’t. My fault I pulled it just a hair but sitting pin high just left the flag was fun. The first hole today was a GW pitch shot from the fairway and I threw a tight little push draw right at it that came up just a touch short. The ball was embedded over 1/2 of it in the green from the descent angle and spin on it.

I hit several pitches with the 54 and 60 today as well and was more then pleased with the results. Bunker shots with the 54 and 60 are money as well. While I am still getting used to the spin when chipping, I am starting to dial that in as well. I chipped one in on 18 and had a couple close chips during the round that had more then a fair chance of dropping.

The biggest thing though for me is still they just feel so soft and so hot off the face. I absolutely can not say enough about how good they feel. To me, they are even easier to hit then some of the non traditional wedges I have tried that are made to be more forgiving and easier to hit.

Mizuno has got something amazing here in these wedges. They didn’t have any tour players use the T-20s mostly due to shape but I suspect you are going to see a mad rush on these from their tour players very soon. They are just too good to ignore and the shape is amazing in them.

While I am getting a bit more disappointed with how my body is doing right now and suspect this may have been my last time out for a bit, I also know when I can get back to practicing it is probably going to start with wedges and I am good with that since I have these babies in the bag.

I don’t often say things like this but here goes. When these come out, if you are looking to replace wedges this year, you really should have these on the list of wedges you test before purchasing. Sure they may not be great for everyone, nothing is, but I think more people then not are going to really find these to be a great addition to the bag. I do think Mizuno is often overlooked in wedges with so many looking at RTX, Vokey, and MD offerings. I am not saying there is anything wrong with any of those but I am saying give these a try and you may find these work even better for you.

Really enjoying these. I reviewed the T20’s and though they performed well (review here: ) there were some things in the shape and feel I just didn’t totally jive with. I also found the spin the be solid, but not elite.

Well, with these so far I am seeing elite spin, and no it’s not a new groove thing anymore as I’ve got like 14 rounds on them and a couple bunker practice sessions. I’m still seeing the bite I really want to on flighted wedges that I really enjoy hitting.

Though we can’t talk tech yet, the X-Grind in my 62 is amazeballs.

Super pleased with the feel as well, more dense/muted and thus soft than my Edel’s to my ears and mind.

Also super happy I went Raw. I was afraid I would regret that decision, but I don’t at all.

Really enjoying these. I reviewed the T20’s and though they performed well (review here: ) there were some things in the shape and feel I just didn’t totally jive with. I also found the spin the be solid, but not elite.

Well, with these so far I am seeing elite spin, and no it’s not a new groove thing anymore as I’ve got like 14 rounds on them and a couple bunker practice sessions. I’m still seeing the bite I really want to on flighted wedges that I really enjoy hitting.

Super pleased with the feel as well, more dense/muted and thus soft than my Edel’s to my ears and mind.

Also super happy I went Raw. I was afraid I would regret that decision, but I don’t at all.
You've got 14 rounds since Myrtle? Pace yourself, man! ;)
(Happy to read glowing comments about Mizuno wedges.)

Copper patina..

You've got 14 rounds since Myrtle? Pace yourself, man! ;)
(Happy to read glowing comments about Mizuno wedges.)
Hahaha, 160+ on the year ;)

The T22 spin as well as my Artisans, meaning I get excellent spin. I went to Trackman and compared at my lesson yesterday.

I am liking these more and more, and I liked them after my first round with them at the THP-Mizuno Experience. Only two weeks ago ... and three more rounds since returning.

I don't like to hype, but everyone needs to demo/hit these when considering new wedges. These are the shiznit. They stop range balls in their tracks. Was at the range after work, just took the Ten S Putter for a try and the 54 and 58 T22. I was hitting chips, long pitch shots, flops, open face "Phil" chips, hit and stops (new technique for me) and both wedges can do anything you ask. Great out of the bunker, too. Soft feel that puts you in command. I would say "RUN!" to the store when these come in. Or better, pick the right shaft and grind and have fun. Looks as if everyone at the THP-Mizuno Experience is enjoying them.

And the wear? At the bottom of the 58, the copper has worn down to "raw." Thought @Jman would enjoy that bit.

Ok so when can I buy them

Little update on the looks…. :love:

3BBF147D-6ABB-45F0-9F4D-222CCC74AD47.jpeg7DD71009-1C6C-4B9D-A622-76F13630BCBD.jpegFFEEA518-CFC5-4AA0-A19F-541201DA5396.jpeg

@Jman That is so even - you need to give a seminar on rusting...

Yup. These are good for me, and shout out the Chris and the guys at Mizuno for doing a bang up job in selecting grinds for us all as well. The 62 in X is particularly fun for me, and I hit some filthy wedges in the tournaments this weekend as we left ourselves in that 60 and in range a LOT.

The feel is better than the T20, I'm now totally prepared to say that, and I reviewed the T20 last release as well. Those had a firm note to them, that really isn't here with these for me.

Raw makes me happy, and the fact that some of you hate it makes me like it even more ;)

Still contemplating a shaft change, but, its hard to alter what is working.

Back